Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

One of my pet peeves is people's posts on Facebook. Just saw one earlier. It went something like:

Omfg! _____, you're such a [bleep]ing low life loser! How could you stoop so low you stupid goof!

Really? Are they the ones posting their problems and stupid stuff about other people on a public social network?

Just wanna slap people sometimes, I swear.

I used to feel like that, then I deleted my facebook.

Now I feel better.

Same here, except I just deleted them. After taking out 7-8 people, my news feed average increased a whole 10 points. Then I upvoted all the posts by smart kids at university and now I feel like a freaking scholar :thumbup:

hiccup.png

Building a server, forgetting a small aesthetic piece that has to go in first. Have to redo all the wiring that I could barely squeeze in.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

People / organizations that will only use Facebook.

I've got a summer internship in Missouri, and the page for housing assistance my company set up is only on facebook. I love getting that email - for more information, like our page.

FUUUUUU

Professionally, that is pathetic.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

People / organizations that will only use Facebook.

I've got a summer internship in Missouri, and the page for housing assistance my company set up is only on facebook. I love getting that email - for more information, like our page.

FUUUUUU

Professionally, that is pathetic.

Should they even be considered anywhere near professional for having such a narrow means of knowing about them?

The fact that some information that is basically mandatory to know of is shared sometimes only through FB. Case in point = our school choirs' recent trip to Germany. The GDocs link where everyone had to submit document information was only available through FB.

Events only announced through FB aswell.

Oh, and I am getting truly annoyed by how [kitty] I myself am...

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I don't understand that at all. Granted, I've only ever worked in care and not business but even so... isn't the whole point to make yourself as easily approachable as possible?

A domain website is easily assessable, Facebook is not. You have to register with a 3rd party to access their business. It's the blunt assumption that everybody has a Facebook and the blunt assumption people LIKE using Facebook.

Having a side page on Facebook is fine. Hosting your entire business ON Facebook is pathetic.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

You don't have to sign up for Facebook to look at public pages.

But you do have to sign up to 'Like' things.

siggy3s.jpg

Why would you need to? If you can visit it just like you would a website that they would have had to pay for, what's the harm? Free for them, more convenient for the people who do use Facebook, and the same as using any other website for those who don't.

Why would you need to? If you can visit it just like you would a website that they would have had to pay for, what's the harm? Free for them, more convenient for the people who do use Facebook, and the same as using any other website for those who don't.

I love getting that email - for more information, like our page.

So no info on the housing unless you 'Like', which means signing onto Facebook. There's no cutting corners and that's terrible business strategy.

Not to mention, my general dislike of things other than informal social things on Facebook.

siggy3s.jpg

I wonder how much effort they put into that page, to be quite honest. It'd probably be more than the amount of effort it takes to write one email, and just forward it to whoever asks. Especially since they had to send me the email to link me to the facebook page to begin with. :wall:

I think it's just a ploy to try and access their employees facebook accounts, try to get to know them better and be all big brother and what not. Tough shit for me because I deleted my profile a couple years ago.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

My dad decided to tear out the only toilet that I can use upstairs a day before I came home for break.... Now I have to walk all the way downstairs while trying not to wake everybody up while I'm taking a piss.

It's also things like contests, mailing lists, and other promos. It's the exclusivity with which some companies use facebook that's annoying.

Then again, any company narrow-minded enough to do that is just hurting themselves.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I don't understand that at all. Granted, I've only ever worked in care and not business but even so... isn't the whole point to make yourself as easily approachable as possible?

A domain website is easily assessable, Facebook is not. You have to register with a 3rd party to access their business. It's the blunt assumption that everybody has a Facebook and the blunt assumption people LIKE using Facebook.

Having a side page on Facebook is fine. Hosting your entire business ON Facebook is pathetic.

That's what I meant. Using Facebook alone is counterproductive to making your company approachable. I'm not sure we're disagreeing, or if you think we're disagreeing or whatever.

It annoys me that just about every company has a Facebook page. My local pub has a Facebook page and a Twitter page. Why? Apart from their usual deals, they do a deal maybe once a month. The rest of the month's feed is filled with utter crap. That's even with the assumption that I want to know about the pub's promotions... maybe I just want to tell my friends I like that pub.

What annoys me is how much people complain/make a big deal about Facebook. If you are forced to use it for work, create an account and "like" that ONE PAGE, and then you don't have to use it again. It's not forcing you to add all of your friends. It's not forcing you to do anything except a few small things. Jesus, a company wants to get their name out there on Facebook HOW DARE THEY WANT SOME FREE ADVERTISING. This entire page and a half has annoyed me to no end. <_< If you have stupid friends, dramatic friends, whatever, who cares? Laugh at the stupid ones, delete/laugh at/ignore the dramatic ones, etc. IT'S NOT THAT BAD.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

What annoys me is how much people complain/make a big deal about Facebook. If you are forced to use it for work, create an account and "like" that ONE PAGE, and then you don't have to use it again. It's not forcing you to add all of your friends. It's not forcing you to do anything except a few small things. Jesus, a company wants to get their name out there on Facebook HOW DARE THEY WANT SOME FREE ADVERTISING. This entire page and a half has annoyed me to no end. <_< If you have stupid friends, dramatic friends, whatever, who cares? Laugh at the stupid ones, delete/laugh at/ignore the dramatic ones, etc. IT'S NOT THAT BAD.

I agree with this statement. You're not obligated to look at the stuff, so why get annoyed at it?

And while I'm on this thread: I really dislike vague statuses on FB. I don't mind that they're there, but NOBODY KNOWS WHAT YOU'RE ON ABOUT. <_<

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

That's what I meant. Using Facebook alone is counterproductive to making your company approachable. I'm not sure we're disagreeing, or if you think we're disagreeing or whatever.

Oooh, thought you didn't understand my point instead of not understanding the company. Glad people think more like me.

You're missing the principle here. In order to do business you must use a third party source. Professionally that is a weak strategy, because if it deters one customer, it's flawed...and when there's one, there's more who follow suit.

siggy3s.jpg

I totally agree. I hate how fewer and fewer companies are advertising their websites for information and instead advertise you to Like them on Facebook. It gives people no other choice and forces them into joining or taking part in a third party - and it's not like Facebook will share all your details with these companies or anything.

On a similar note it annoys me the sort of BS companies post on their pages too - I have a lot of fun reading some of these out to my friend when they pop up. Out of the pages I have 'liked' Cadburys and The Sims 3 are the worst at this. Here's a few examples from The Sims page:

Like this Status if you've ever had a Simlish song stuck in your head!

Like this Status if your Sim has an imaginary friend!

If you were a Sim looking for a mate and you put out a personal ad, what would it be like?

Oh, and just posted by Cadburys:

Don't forget this week is National Bubble Week, where did you last see a bubble?

People are paid to write this shit.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

1) I agree with this statement. You're not obligated to look at the stuff, so why get annoyed at it?

2) And while I'm on this thread: I really dislike vague statuses on FB. I don't mind that they're there, but NOBODY KNOWS WHAT YOU'RE ON ABOUT. <_<

Trolling... please be trolling.

People who take games too seriously, especially unranked ones. I was playing SCII Risk, and this guy spent 5 minutes [bleep]ing at me because I 'backstabbed' him and made him lose the game.

I once played an online game of Making History (WWII Grand Strategy) and there was some guy [bleep]ing and having a stroke every time someone did something that didn't strictly follow history.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.