Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

11895 replies to this topic

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

thank god I only have to do this once lol

So you hope.

Na, I'm just teasing. I don't understand the point of having huge weddings to be honest. It is just too much work.

That's cause you're a guy. We don't question; we just follow.

As long as I'm not paying for it or planning it, I guess it wouldn't be too bad. That removes the 'work' part out of it.

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,555 posts
I hate how I'm automatically going to be counted as a success for this "Generation TX" thing that Texas decided to come up with. I get nothing out of it, but I get included into statistics that makes Texas say "IT'S WORKING!".
Posted Image

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts

I hate how I'm automatically going to be counted as a success for this "Generation TX" thing that Texas decided to come up with. I get nothing out of it, but I get included into statistics that makes Texas say "IT'S WORKING!".

Umm... I looked at the link, but I'm still confused. Is it some sort of financial aid thing?

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,555 posts

Umm... I looked at the link, but I'm still confused. Is it some sort of financial aid thing?

"Generation TX is a statewide, grassroots movement focused on creating a culture of college and career education that leads to the most successful generation ever."

Kind of. It's like a guide that tells you when you need to apply for things and what options there are for paying for college. You know, basically everything they've been telling kids since middle school but in the form of "a statewide, grassroots movement focused on creating a culture of college...".
Posted Image

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts

"Generation TX is a statewide, grassroots movement focused on creating a culture of college and career education that leads to the most successful generation ever."

Kind of. It's like a guide that tells you when you need to apply for things and what options there are for paying for college. You know, basically everything they've been telling kids since middle school but in the form of "a statewide, grassroots movement focused on creating a culture of college...".

So it is an online guidance counselor. Brilliant. Too bad they have REAL GCs in schools.

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,555 posts

So it is an online guidance counselor. Brilliant. Too bad they have REAL GCs in schools.

The guidance conselors are the ones putting up Generation TX posters and signs all over the school. I think they go well with the many posters warning students about the dangers of sagging pants.
Posted Image

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts

The guidance conselors are the ones putting up Generation TX posters and signs all over the school. I think they go well with the many posters warning students about the dangers of sagging pants.

Dangers? As in tripping and falling?

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,555 posts

Dangers? As in tripping and falling?

As in immediate referral to ISS.
Posted Image

Skull
[ Display Name History ]

Skull

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,570 posts
I'm amused by your school. And by Texas in general.

15cbz0y.jpg
Worse things have happened to better people.

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts
Let people wear their own damn clothes. If they want to look like an asshat, let them do it...

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,555 posts
I'm all for sending them to ISS. I just don't think we need posters that give me the feeling of "Big Brother is watching".
Posted Image

Kirschen
[ Display Name History ]

Kirschen

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,446 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Kirschen

I'm all for sending them to ISS. I just don't think we need posters that give me the feeling of "Big Brother is watching".

I get the imagery that there is way more posters and cameras than what you're mentioning already with the mention of "Big Brother". :mellow:

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts
High school is just dumb in general.

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,555 posts

I get the imagery that there is way more posters and cameras than what you're mentioning already with the mention of "Big Brother". :mellow:

There are cameras, not in the posters but there are cameras. We also have metal gates that can close off entire wings of the building and there's a police officer's room in every wing. I'm legitimately surprised that we don't make use of x-rays and metal detectors.
Posted Image

Kirschen
[ Display Name History ]

Kirschen

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,446 posts
  • RSN:Kirschen

High school is just dumb in general.

I was in one of those schools that never lived up to their claims and tried to make the classes feel disappointed for not doing so well on standardized tests despite not helping them study. The worst habit was their fickle and poor management skills.

@Riku: Okay.... I never had metal gates or that many officers. It sounds like some sort of prison system, no offense.

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts

There are cameras, not in the posters but there are cameras. We also have metal gates that can close off entire wings of the building and there's a police officer's room in every wing. I'm legitimately surprised that we don't make use of x-rays and metal detectors.

No offense, but are you in one of those "inner-city" schools?

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,555 posts
I live in a metropolitan area around San Antonio. Not really the city but not really a suburb.
Posted Image

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts
So you don't go to one of those schools where the teachers have a "panic" button under their desk in case something goes wrong.

Sporks
[ Display Name History ]

Sporks

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,872 posts
  • RSN:Sporkophobia
  • RSN2:Spork DIY
  • Clan:HYT
We have cameras in our High School, and an officer who's in the school for about half the time, but that's extreme. American public highschools sound like hellholes tbh.

99 Woodcutting on 30/07/11 - 99 Firemaking on 23/01/13 - 99 Runecrafting on 2/05/14 - 99 Cooking on 19/05/14

Retired 30/06/14

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts

We have cameras in our High School, and an officer who's in the school for about half the time, but that's extreme. American public highschools sound like hellholes tbh.

It depends on where you live tbh. Some schools are really lax, but others are really up-tight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users