How many hours to get 2,7m tokkul?

tortilliachp

so how many hours will it take me to get 2,7m tokkul, and which creatures are the ones i should kill for the most effective gathering of tokkul?

yes, this is an effort to find out if this is even worth considering :D

personal experience in gathering tokkul and gear etc. would be lovely, as would links etc. be if similar topics exist.

thanks for the help :)

there was a jagex quote a while back saying it would be unlikely for you to need more than 5000 kills to get an onyx, but i don't have that quote

i'm inclined to believe the average # of tokkul per kill is on the order of 1k for the guards.

you can probably determine the # of hours based on kill rates.

Naaxi.png

From my experience, I can get about 1k tokkul a minute. So it takes me about 45 hours to get an onyx. This is using super sets, Bandos, Rune Minotaur, and whip+defender.

That is low level.

Bladewing got it in 25 hours I believe, with turmoil, soul split, extremes and steel titan.

I did it in 30 without steel titan.

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

From my experience, I can get about 1k tokkul a minute. So it takes me about 45 hours to get an onyx. This is using super sets, Bandos, Rune Minotaur, and whip+defender.

That is low level.

Bladewing got it in 25 hours I believe, with turmoil, soul split, extremes and steel titan.

I did it in 30 without steel titan.

Yeah, based on the rate I was getting it would take about 22 hours with what I was using. That being extremes, turmoil, whip + defender, claws + recover specials, steel titan + scrolls. Should be able to get it in 20 hours with a rapier now.

You also get a bunch of other drops which help. 10 onyx tips, 1.8 items an hour, plus gems. That should be about 300k an hour without any gems, which we'll say will cover potions. In 22 hours you'll get 6.6m in drops, plus an onyx which is 12m GE and about 60m street.

Wait what? Furys are like 1mil more expensive than an uncut onyx which is 300k more expensive than cut onyx.

AWW MAN, lv90 crafters have it so easy, potential 28mil profit per inventory 0.o LOL

(not serious)

not really, since anyone with half a brain is gunna make the effort to MORPH their uncut gem into a fury through the power of assistingnessmegahaxpwn

or of course, given the caliber of most players who attain uncut onyx gems, they wouldn't even need assists.

Also, it kind of sucks that tokkuls are worth less than gp now...

Wait what? Furys are like 1mil more expensive than an uncut onyx which is 300k more expensive than cut onyx.

AWW MAN, lv90 crafters have it so easy, potential 28mil profit per inventory 0.o LOL

(not serious)

not really, since anyone with half a brain is gunna make the effort to MORPH their uncut gem into a fury through the power of assistingnessmegahaxpwn

or of course, given the caliber of most players who attain uncut onyx gems, they wouldn't even need assists.

You do know that an uncut Onyx is around about 60m Street = Unbuyable in the GE...

This is why people camp tzhaars, And i really doubt there is many more furies being brought into the game anymore so the price will continue to rise - Because anyone with half a brain will know an uncut Onyx is over 50m street most of the time and has been for a while.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Anyone with half a brain is gonna make the effort to either keep the gem or turn it into a ring. No one is stupid enough to make a fury.

Onyx = 60m gp, 2.7m tokkul.

Anyone with half a brain is gonna make the effort to either keep the gem or turn it into a ring. No one is stupid enough to make a fury.

You don't attain any extra wealth through junk trading than you do selling it on the GE, doesn't anyone alknowledge that? -.=

That's why junk trading is broken and pointless. Just a bloated illusion

Plus, I would really like to know the reason someone would blow 60mil on junk to buy an uncut gem that is essentially useless

You don't attain any extra wealth through junk trading than you do selling it on the GE, doesn't anyone alknowledge that? -.=

Well, that depends on where your junk comes from. If it comes from buying other items that you need junk to buy, or from say borrowing items, you would get extra wealth from junk trading.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Plus, I would really like to know the reason someone would blow 60mil on junk to buy an uncut gem that is essentially useless

you dont need to junk trade, trade it for battle robes or something with a high street value, that are also useful. Also unsellable junk has 0 practical value, unless you have someway to get rid of it.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

It creates arguably the single best ring in the game (single as in alone for all situations).

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin

Yeah, based on the rate I was getting it would take about 22 hours with what I was using. That being extremes, turmoil, whip + defender, claws + recover specials, steel titan + scrolls. Should be able to get it in 20 hours with a rapier now.

You also get a bunch of other drops which help. 10 onyx tips, 1.8 items an hour, plus gems. That should be about 300k an hour without any gems, which we'll say will cover potions. In 22 hours you'll get 6.6m in drops, plus an onyx which is 12m GE and about 60m street.

I'd also like to add that you'll get about 2m melee xp, which is worth at least 10 hours.

50m in junk, by the time I can GE it, is worth 15-20m. Therefore, by selling an onyx with the gem, I make about 30-35m on top of its GE price.

I would never buy an onyx ring because it isn't much better than a dragonstone (i), and for most purposes a berserker (i) is actually superior. Some people want it because it is the best, and therefore are willing to pay significantly more for that last 1 attack and defence than for the bonuses before it. GP has diminishing marginal returns on bonuses: you can buy a rune scimitar for 35k, and get 45 slash and 44 strength. Or you could pay 75k more for a dragon scimitar, which has 22 better slash and strength. Then you could pay 3m more for an abyssal whip, which has 15 better attack and 16 better strength. OR you could even spend 50 hours of your time, worth at LEAST 50m, and then 200k an hour to use a chaotic rapier. 1m buys less and less improvement the more of it you buy.

Oh.. so the apparent luxury of having an onyx ring (i) makes it 60mil? pfft, spread +6 bonuses, another instance of bs overpricing due to laziness. Can't argue with that tbh.

It's worth it for someone who has the best gear already and still wants to improve. I'd also like you to explain this "bs overpricing due to laziness" and how it has anything to do with laziness.

Oh.. so the apparent luxury of having an onyx ring (i) makes it 60mil? pfft, spread +6 bonuses, another instance of bs overpricing due to laziness. Can't argue with that tbh.

I reeaaally can't justify turning an onyx into a ring that gives +1 stats over the dragonstone version, which costs about 1000x less streetwise.

I'll stick to my marginally inferior ring that is much much easier to replace tyvm.

I reeaaally can't justify turning an onyx into a ring that gives +1 stats over the dragonstone version, which costs about 1000x less streetwise.

I'll stick to my marginally inferior ring that is much much easier to replace tyvm.

and I'll stick with my diamond ring (i) that takes 17 hours less to get...however that is not relevant to this thread.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

To go further off-topic, I've found no real use for my diamond ring (i). It's a barbarian ring without the defense. Would be good for pking, though, I suppose.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.