Tip it youtube channel

I have always wondered what we could do to take the tip it site to a whole new level. We have fallen behind other help sites in website looks. We have few pictures and small ones at that. I don't care myself, but it detracts from some people's idea of our site.

I looked around to see if anyone has suggested an official youtube channel for tip it. I thought about how we could do this, and came up with a plan

First I made the channel to reserve the name. Sadly tipit and runetips and many forms of that were taken. So I named it, OfficialRunetips

Next I was able to think about how we could go from community to a consistent theme. So I thought, there are a few things we could do.

1.Have an offical video editor. Someone who will take the raw footage, and make it look pretty using the same theme all the time.

2.have people send in videos of quests, minigames, etc following the same format with certain guidelines.

3.give all top crew members access to the youtube channel address

4.add a video link section to the mainpage linking to the channel

5.add links to specific videos from different on site text and picture guides.

6.If a crew member is ever jeopardized or booted from leadership for violation, change the password.

I realize that having the videos on this site would be to much strain, but using youtube is a great way to solve the video issue. I myself have some basic video editing skills, but I would say giving that to a pro crew member would be better.

If we go through with this I would like to suggest a format for video submission.

1.video must be recorded on a screen recorder, not using a camcorder or camera

2.video must be clear and not be choppy

3.video must not be pre-edited

4.Video should not be narrated

6.Videos should be in high detail mode(on runescape), Specifics don't matter, just as long as it is basic high detail mode.

suggested:

For the PC you can use the classic hypercam. Now you can get it so that the hypercam 2 doesn't show up by using the browser based version for firefox as an addon.

Then people can upload the raw footage to youtube in parts or another media hosting site or be sent to the editor.

Another solution is to have a film team that will collaborate to work on making videos, this could make a better process.

Downloads:

Firefox web browser

Hypercam screen recorder

So that is it! I really put a lot of thought into it and really want this to work. I will relinquish the password and account into admin hands if they like the idea. I am willing to do anything regarding this for the tip it team.(I couldn't find the hypercam addon for fiefox, but I still have it myself. It may come in the download.

XBL: Zwolf wolf

When Runescape Gives you lemons, Alch them!

screen-capture-2-1-1-1.png?t=1279351491

Sorry Brand, I was a man in the first place, sorry to disappoint you. :\

Alright, I have formatted the channel to look similar to the tip it site. Check it out here. this is not saying it is happening. I just made it as a gesture. I will delete it if this idea is 100% rejected by top crew leaders.(you would have to tell me if you are a top crew leader)

Seems like good idea to get more people, although I'm gonna have to see what everyone else thinks.

Seems like good idea to get more people, although I'm gonna have to see what everyone else thinks.

It would be nice for people who like videos. I am 100% certain there are people out there who are capable of superb recordings, and would do different quests or minigames etc. I could try to make an example video I guess. I have a crummy computer for recording, but for editing, I have a really good mac. If this seems like a good idea, we should discuss how to setup the whole deal, like video formats, resolution size, game quality etc. The example rules were just that, and example.

Not really feeling the idea of an official Tip.It channel, I don't see it getting much use. Perhaps a Tip.It channel which is mainly used by TET, but I'm sure that has been discussed in the past.

Maybe, instead of one channel for Tip.It, videos from the community could be showcased every week or month. Perhaps as an addition to the Tip.It Times. We have a new media board on the forums, perhaps a weekly vote gets to decide which videos go into the Tip.It Times? I'm sure this would encourage video editors and creators to post high quality videos. And since Jagex is going more youtube related, showcasing the best RuneScape videos from the week on the site would be pretty awesome.

I know the TET actually have an official channel which can be found here. At one point there used to be a Unofficial Tip.it Community channel but it hasn't been used in months so I'm not sure how well another channel would turn out.

While I think it could be a cool idea I just don't think there's a ton of interest in youtube channels for Tip.it right now. Some of your ideas are quite interesting though. :thumbup:

I know the TET actually have an official channel which can be found here. At one point there used to be a Unofficial Tip.it Community channel but it hasn't been used in months so I'm not sure how well another channel would turn out.

While I think it could be a cool idea I just don't think there's a ton of interest in youtube channels for Tip.it right now. Some of your ideas are quite interesting though. :thumbup:

My eyeballs were melted when I looked at the official TET channel. That font color on that background will mess you up.

Personally I doubt I would ever go to a Tip.it Channel

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

I'm not personally interested in operating a YouTube Channel officially. The Crew has their work fairly cut out for them at this point and adding additional responsibilities to their plate would be foolhardy and would affect the rate in which content is updated, especially after updates. I can't see the administration going for an official youtube channel either. An unofficial one was tried out in Off Topic at one point and it ran out of steam after a little while and is pretty well dead as of lately. However I think Mil's idea is a fine one.

Maybe, instead of one channel for Tip.It, videos from the community could be showcased every week or month. Perhaps as an addition to the Tip.It Times. We have a new media board on the forums, perhaps a weekly vote gets to decide which videos go into the Tip.It Times? I'm sure this would encourage video editors and creators to post high quality videos. And since Jagex is going more youtube related, showcasing the best RuneScape videos from the week on the site would be pretty awesome.

While I'm not sure about the Times, we could maybe operate a video of the week/month sticky in the Media forum or something to this effect. This would be a great way to showcase the community's work and if it is only as frequent as once a month or something it could probably get some front page attention.

This idea will need to be discussed some more though.

DK

1.png
generic_signature.png

I see. Well there is a lot to what you said. So I thank you for the informational reply.

I hope that in the future, with an improvement in technology, we can do this and do it well. At this point I think the general population isn't able to do this which may be why this hasn't succeeded before.

But I felt at this point we had enough people that could do this. If I had a computer that wasn't Frankenstein's monster, I would so be doing this.

I guess I will stick to normal content until I get a new PC *twinkle eyes*

Until then I will finish high school, and you will see me back to helping the good ole' site!

PS. I will hold onto the channel for when it happens. I will PM the password if you want it(I might lose it)