Chaotic Rapier vs Longsword

Lep

I really don't see where you'd see all that hate for rapier- i've used it alot and most have understood the rapiers supeiorness. There are still some who care to disagree in pvp, but after they see a fight, it's more than settled. People eat to more than 70 vs rapier, about the same as they would against a godsword....

Maybe you're point is valid in terms of deep wildy pvp where its good for using you're opponents food because they can't really run to safety. But In normal fights rapier just doesn't have the KOing ability like the CLS and CM. You wan't them to die, not keep eating and run/tele because they're nearly out of food.

It has more than enough ko ability if both players are using vengance... since both players will be using a load of food the hits you save vs gs/cls/maul is very significant.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I really don't see where you'd see all that hate for rapier- i've used it alot and most have understood the rapiers supeiorness. There are still some who care to disagree in pvp, but after they see a fight, it's more than settled. People eat to more than 70 vs rapier, about the same as they would against a godsword....

Maybe you're point is valid in terms of deep wildy pvp where its good for using you're opponents food because they can't really run to safety. But In normal fights rapier just doesn't have the KOing ability like the CLS and CM. You wan't them to die, not keep eating and run/tele because they're nearly out of food.

L2pk.

Whip is superior to all gs in pvp except ags (because of the spec tbh).

Your statement about the k0ing ability is bs because people would eat higher on weapons that hit higher. Duh.

Chaotic rapier has pro combos which easily make up for the less str than the cls.

cr

cls

Couldnt really find a good cls vid

all the nubs who suck at pvp use it apparently >_>

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

i have both and rapier pws for all slayer task long is worse than a whip because of its speed on most monsters. i fought steel dragons and was like "woah rapier turns steels to irons" i noticed a 3-6k exp/hr increase over whip using extremes and turmoil. i still use whip for camping monsters but rapier is awesome for slayer and only weapon ill use on slayer for long time.

long was fun to use at castlewars it was like a godsword but tbh if ur going to get 80 dungeon id get the rapier as its most useful the long is just to simular to a godsword nothing really groundbreaking.....it was sorta like a godsword at bandos for me too the high hits were nice but a 0 with a cls just sucks compared to a 0 with a whip.

simiar to what i do, i kept my whip because i still use it

i use rapier for uncannonables to tear them apart, 100% of dmg so its increase on whip is about 20% more speed

but on tasks like for example.....bloodvleds, i still use whip because titan + cannon do 75% of the dmg anyways so rapier woudl be going to waste there as opposed to rapier doing 100% of the damage

a_final_name.png

[hide]

So essentially, I can compare Bandos Chestplate to Dragon platebody.

They are roughly the same stats, bandos wins on range attack.

Next, I compare Rune Platebody to Adamant Platebody.

Rune Platebody wins on all counts.

Therefore, Rune Platebody is better then Bandos Chestplate.

I see what you are trying to do, but you are missing comparing the Whip to the VLS.

You are saying:

Thing1 > Thing2, and Thing3 > Thing4. Therefore Thing3 must be greater then Thing1

Following your logic, you need to compare and prove that Thing4 (Whip) > Thing2 (VLS) before you can compare Thing1 (CLS) with Thing3 (C Rapier)

Or you could simply say that the C Rapier is 4/5 the speed of the CLS. Therefore, if you multiply the stats of the C Rapier by 5/4, you will get a weapon with the same DPS as the C Rapier, but at longsword speed. Then it is very easy to compare the 2.

C Rapier = +94 Stab, +78 Slash, +101 Strength

CLS = +107 Stab, +124 Slash, +120 Strength

(C Rapier) x (5/4) = +117.5 Stab, +97.5 Slash, +126.25 Strength

Basically, the winners are:

Stab: C Rapier (+9.8% over CLS)

Slash: CLS (+21.4% over C Rapier)

Strength: C Rapier (5.2% over CLS)

[/hide]

I can see your logic, but there is 1 thing that is wrong:

Longswords are speed 5, while the Rapier is speed 6. Your rankings remain the same, but, in stab and strength, the Rapier leads by a smaller margin.

There is also the fact that other Strength bonus and attack bonus boosters aren't calculated. If you get a +54 bonus from your gear (the max, not including PvP gear), the Rapier will be able to make use of it more often and is a heavy factor as well.

*edit* Miss-understood how the weapon speeds per second was calculated. Forgot about a small aspect in the system. Although he is correct, the second part of my post is still valid and is still something I think should be taken into consideration.

I only compared the weapons directly, as the OP did. Adding in Bandos, fury, barrows gloves, dragon boots, neitz, and rune defender changes things slightly.

(C Rapier) x (5/4) = +170 Stab, +148.75 Slash, +173.75 Strength

CLS = +149 Stab, +165 Slash, +158 Strength

The winners are as follows:

Stab: C Rapier (14% over CLS)

Slash: CLS (10.9% over C Rapier)

Strength: C Rapier (10% over CLS)

pere_grin.png

Is Godsword really better than Whip against high defense monsters? I haven't really hunted many boss monsters lately, but the few times that I did, I noticed that Godswords weren't as impressive as they once were. Mostly, it's the fact that the effect of strength on damage is approximately linear. And accuracy, in this game like it is in almost all other games, suffers from diminishing returns. When you have enough strength and accuracy bonus, the extra speed of the whip capitalizes on this strength bonus better.

In practice, I had mixed results but I didn't test too extensively. In either case, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the C. Rapier is better for hunting large monsters too. Or if it isn't now, that it would be in the future. Our weapons and armor and temporary skill increases have gotten larger and larger over time, and I can't imagine this trend changing. Which would imply that the C. Rapier will be continually improved more than the C. Longsword.

Making this because I'm sick of morons comming up to me and asking, "Y not CLS omfg?" :rolleyes:

Runescape is full of morons. Best thing to do is put them on ignore and let them waste their tokens on the longsword

All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)

Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs

Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender

Cls is better if rapier does not hit at least 54% of the time. The whip is better than godsword because there is a lot of disparity between the DPS of the 2 weapons, around 25%, while the difference between cls and rapier is only around 14%. Longsword does have its uses, but it is outclassed by a combination of rapier and maul.

I've been trying CLS with slayer. It's much faster than whip for kills. I even tried stab at mith drags. I basically hit constant 400-500's. I think the added accuracy from the CLS gives it an edge over the rapier in all situations where the monster/player has higher defence.

If the monster/player has low defence. The only thing that makes the rapier better than a whip is the str boost as accuracy doesn't really matter for those.

Have you accurately recorded exp/h doing that? On low defense monsters, a whip should outperform a CLS for the same reasons it outperforms godswords.

Thing that gets me about this statement is that, should I ever get 80 dungeoneering, I'd stick to my whip on low defence monsters because I don't have to pay to recharge it. I'd keep chaotic weapons for bosses - and at my stats, at bosses, the CLS would be better due to improved accuracy.

Note that I don't have overloards, max melee, or turmoil. Attack is 90, def/str 89. For maxed players, the only thing that matters is the speed/str ratio. Weapons with max speed always tend to have max speed/str ratio, but this is supposed to be balanced with lower accuracy. But for people with max melee, overloards, turmoil, accuracy rarely matters. Or well, it doesn't matter when comparing high end weaponry anyways.

Also, this is most definitely not the first topic I've seen on this.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

or, just get longsword and have a weapon for everything! also, op's comparison to VLS doesn't really hold because vls isnt a practical weapon.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

or, just get longsword and have a weapon for everything! also, op's comparison to VLS doesn't really hold because vls isnt a practical weapon.

I think you've misunderstood something, rapier is the weapon for everything, longsword against high defence, maul for ko.

For pking, as i've been pking with a rapier for 2 days now.... few people dare fight a rapier and it's atleast as good as ags but you'll be getting alot of kills where you die at the same time(7 for me now). I'm 3-1 against cls now(but it's not nearly enough of a sample size).

The Chaotic Rapier rips through Bando's GWD's Boss.

I'll be able to do it with Overloads and Piety in... 2 days. The difference between me and him will be the fact that I will be taking advantage of the +30 stab bonus he sacrifices. And my attack is 9 levels higher. =p

At Bando's GWD, Rapier > CLS.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

I'll be able to do it with Overloads and Piety in... 2 days. The difference between me and him will be the fact that I will be taking advantage of the +30 stab bonus he sacrifices. And my attack is 9 levels higher. =p

Completely untrue. Give someone like ME a CLS vs Rapier, and I'd find CLS more useful.

One thing most of these debates neglect is how useful the boosted accuracy is to people without overloads/extremes, maxed combat, and turmoil. I didn't put in piety because it's not that high leveled/I have it. I somehow doubt that if I tried both at Bandos GW, I'd find the Rapier the better choice.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Completely untrue. Give someone like ME a CLS vs Rapier, and I'd find rapier more useful.

One thing most of these debates neglect is how useful the boosted accuracy is to people without overloads/extremes, maxed combat, and turmoil. I didn't put in piety because it's not that high leveled/I have it. I somehow doubt that if I tried both at Bandos GW, I'd find the Rapier the better choice.

you just disagreed and said "give me both and id find rapier more usefull" thats what he just said that rapier is best

to my understanding you just posted disagreeing with him saying its untrue, then you went thru and agreed with him that rapier is better, thats realy confusing me

a_final_name.png

Completely untrue. Give someone like ME a CLS vs Rapier, and I'd find rapier more useful.

So you are saying that cls is better than rapier if you suck enough? Not the greatest advertisement for anyone to buy it, to be honest. And even by that logic, you will at some point suck little enough for rapier to be better and from then on, you've wasted 200k tokens. Also, as for most people the repair cost seems quite spicy(not that it is), most of the people who will be using these will not suck hard enough for cls to be better... So as a status report on this thread, can anyone think of places where the cls has a clear advantage over the rapier? because the opposite is true for a load of things. Only thing i can realistically think of is mithril dragons, as their defence is still a bit brisk(though i havn't tried with sup antifire yet).

Original post changed because I found it... off.

So you are saying that cls is better than rapier if you suck enough? Not the greatest advertisement for anyone to buy it, to be honest. And even by that logic, you will at some point suck little enough for rapier to be better and from then on, you've wasted 200k tokens. Also, as for most people the repair cost seems quite spicy(not that it is), most of the people who will be using these will not suck hard enough for cls to be better... So as a status report on this thread, can anyone think of places where the cls has a clear advantage over the rapier? because the opposite is true for a load of things. Only thing i can realistically think of is mithril dragons, as their defence is still a bit brisk(though i havn't tried with sup antifire yet).

Na. Rapier rarely misses with Extreme Attack. Sometimes with Supers. You can kill the dragons fast enough for 2 drops to be visable from 2 different dragons, so 4 Dragons in about 2 minutes. Again, this is only with Piety.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

I think Longsword is better than the Rapier if you suck enough..

Think about it.

If you were 80 attack what would you want for bandos. Whip or GS

GS ofc.

Seems to be like the same situation..

Also, what do you think would be better for me? 95 attack, extreme pots, piety. On graar

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

Longsword is better than rapier on Graardor. There is no way that rapier hits at least 54% of the time on him. However, on DKs and TDs rapier would be better.

+30? Rune Defender is 20 and ardy cape is 6 but wheres the other 4? :blink:

Dragonstone Ring (I). Also, subtract 1 because the Fire Cape provides +1. =p

Longsword is better than rapier on Graardor. There is no way that rapier hits at least 54% of the time on him. However, on DKs and TDs rapier would be better.

Again, this video:

The person in the video, who is only 90 Attack, comes close to this 54% you talk about. He is missing out on the +20 Stab on the Defender because he is using Divine. With 99 attack and the Defender the only thing that would keep someone away from this magical number of 54% (which I'd love to know how you got) is the Random Number Gods.

I didn't go through the entire video. I went through about 20% of it. Because I have things I'd rather do.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Whip's stats alone are already good enough for me so when I do get to make a choice between the Rapier and the Longsword although I understand that the Rapier is better I will be getting the Longsword. It's gotten to the point where I just don't give a damn about efficiency I just want to play the game by my preference. I think the Longsword looks better and as a weapon it's more appealing to me.

Of course if I ever do build up enough tokens then one day I'll also buy the Rapier just for collections sake!

Ugh... GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

That's exactly my view on the subject. Althoug I'll be using it for slayer mostly, I just don't care anymore about DPS. Rapier looks ugly, and I like seeing higher hits without having to give up my shield slot, so CLS is the thing for me.

16185_s.gif

you just disagreed and said "give me both and id find rapier more usefull" thats what he just said that rapier is best

to my understanding you just posted disagreeing with him saying its untrue, then you went thru and agreed with him that rapier is better, thats realy confusing me

Er, sorry, that was totally a typo. I'd probabyl find CLS more useful. I don't blame you at all for being confused :wall:

True, true, I also have a typo in there, I'd rather have CLS then Rapier at my stats, just to make that clear.

Keep in mind, I think there's a difference between sucking and having maxed melee/overloads/turmoil. However, my melee stats are almost in the 90s (90 attack, 89str/def) so they aren't THAT low.

That being said, I haven't owned either weapon. I think it'd be good to do some tests on CLS vs Rapier with maxed melee/piety, no untradeable potions or turmoil.

Then again, the turmoil boosts aren't that much higher then piety, untradeable pots aren't available in PVP, and it seems that rapier does extremely well then, despite lacking some K0 potential....Ok, I'm convinced that Rapier > CLS in most situations.

I still think it'd be interesting to see how CLS vs Rapier fares at Bandos or somewhere else WITHOUT extremes/overloads. I'd put in a stronger argument if I actually planned on getting 80 dunge anytime soon. Plan to quit at 70 once I get the arcane stream.

+30? Rune Defender is 20 and ardy cape is 6 but wheres the other 4? :blink:

Dragonstone Ring (I). Also, subtract 1 because the Fire Cape provides +1. =p

Again, this video:

The person in the video, who is only 90 Attack, comes close to this 54% you talk about. He is missing out on the +20 Stab on the Defender because he is using Divine. With 99 attack and the Defender the only thing that would keep someone away from this magical number of 54% (which I'd love to know how you got) is the Random Number Gods.

I didn't go through the entire video. I went through about 20% of it. Because I have things I'd rather do.

Note that he also had overloads. I'd be much more interested if he used super set or something. Even extremems are far off for me...then again, so is a chaotic weapon.

The general conclusion I'm getting from this is that Rapier > CLS unless your a relatively low level. "Relatively low level" is using people who have near maxed combat and extremes at their disposal. Anyone care to disagree with that?

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Whether or not the CLS is better FOR YOU, that doesn't change the fact that the rapier is better.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

It's not like it's hard to get money for extremes or turmoil... It's much harder to train melees.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting