Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hand Cannon

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Sir Squab
What's a good firemaking level to start using the handcannon? I went to TD's earlier today, it pwnt there....till my handcannon exploded.

No, I'm not dumb, I took a second one.

This exploded less then 30 seconds later.

I currently have 71 firemaking. What would be a good level to start using the handcannon so they don't constantly explode?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,376 posts
  • RSN:Veyra
Most Pk'ers or common users have around an average 90 FM when they use it, since its not wasting a full 13m exp to it to be efficient but enough so it wont blow up all the time.

2qal0uc.png

You should totally read my personal blog:

A Series of Various Events

Most Recent Entry - 2014 - A New Start

A story of my life, and how it makes you feel better about yourself. Also follow it. <3

Tempest_Mike
[ Display Name History ]

Tempest_Mike

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Tempest Mike
90 is a good idea because it doesn't really take long to get around that.

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,825 posts
Gah! 90? Really? I guess it wouldn't be that hard, but eww...good thing I like barbarian assault...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Articultural
[ Display Name History ]

Articultural

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 516 posts
99 because it's a very fast & cheap skill, there's no reason not to get 99.

Posted Image

Cptbaker08
[ Display Name History ]

Cptbaker08

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,307 posts
  • RSN:CptBaker
  • RSN2:CptAsshat
  • Clan:TSG

It can't be both fast and cheap. For fast methods you end up having to spend more gp, but to get it cheap you have to burn more logs making it slower.

Also some reasons is because its a boring skill and a waste of time to get to 99 if you don't want too.
Drops

Completed Goals

Goals

Mirror
[ Display Name History ]

Mirror

Use Herring -> Tree

• Members
  • 7,247 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Mirrorforced

Reason: I don't want it. :P

I would suggest a level 90+ firemaking for best results from what I've overheard.

Edited by Mirrorforced, 13 June 2010 - 05:00 AM.
Sorry for forgetting the sarcasm tags. :P

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

Posted Image

Articultural
[ Display Name History ]

Articultural

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 516 posts

It can't be both fast and cheap. For fast methods you end up having to spend more gp, but to get it cheap you have to burn more logs making it slower.

Also some reasons is because its a boring skill and a waste of time to get to 99 if you don't want too.

80-99 with Magic logs is 48M and takes under 25 hours, that's both fast and cheap.

When I say there is no reason not to, I mean there is no reason not to get 99 instead of any other level. If you find Firemaking boring then you wouldn't get 90.

Mirrorforced, I said there is no reason for the OP not to as they stated that they want to train Firemaking in order for their hand cannon to explode less often. Whether you want to or not is irrelevant. :P

Posted Image

Southpark0o
[ Display Name History ]

Southpark0o

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • RSN:Southpark0o
If you're not too keen on Firemaking, at least get it up to 80-85.

Posted Image

Click for bloggy ^^

geesch
[ Display Name History ]

geesch

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 758 posts
I would say you should shoot for 92 fm. If you are going to get 90 fm to handcannon, you might as well get 92 for the adze. Its a very cheap skill and is incredibly fast. If you use maples, fm ring/gloves, you can reach like 165k exp an hour with maples. Granted, fming is dull, but getting it high has its uses. The adze is a big one for me. Free d-hatchet that burns some of your logs. Perfect for powerchopping.

12pure34
[ Display Name History ]

12pure34

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,209 posts
  • RSN:David vK

I would say you should shoot for 92 fm. If you are going to get 90 fm to handcannon, you might as well get 92 for the adze. Its a very cheap skill and is incredibly fast. If you use maples, fm ring/gloves, you can reach like 165k exp an hour with maples. Granted, fming is dull, but getting it high has its uses. The adze is a big one for me. Free d-hatchet that burns some of your logs. Perfect for powerchopping.

By all answers, this one is most useful. Firemaking is indeed a fast skill. If you have Firemaking Brawlers, you can always do this for a neat 1.2m experience. I noticed you will play BA, which is a great plan. You can even do some burning / more games / burning and then burn your whole Penance Horn in 1 go once it's full. That will get you pretty close to 85+.
Firemaking 92 is great and not TO hard to get if you want it. If you ever Runecraft with the abyss, the adze is lovely. Doing mining, the adze! Doing woodcutting, the adze!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,825 posts

80-99 with Magic logs is 48M and takes under 25 hours, that's both fast and cheap.

When I say there is no reason not to, I mean there is no reason not to get 99 instead of any other level. If you find Firemaking boring then you wouldn't get 90.

Mirrorforced, I said there is no reason for the OP not to as they stated that they want to train Firemaking in order for their hand cannon to explode less often. Whether you want to or not is irrelevant. :P

How in the hell is 48 million cheap!? 25 hours does sound fast for a 99 though.

By all answers, this one is most useful. Firemaking is indeed a fast skill. If you have Firemaking Brawlers, you can always do this for a neat 1.2m experience. I noticed you will play BA, which is a great plan. You can even do some burning / more games / burning and then burn your whole Penance Horn in 1 go once it's full. That will get you pretty close to 85+.
Firemaking 92 is great and not TO hard to get if you want it. If you ever Runecraft with the abyss, the adze is lovely. Doing mining, the adze! Doing woodcutting, the adze!

Sounds like my best bet, I guess. I'll file this one under longt-erm goals however...

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users