Updated Runescape Cache policy

Hello,

We would like to inform you about a small change to our policies here on the forums with regards to the Runescape Cache. Previously we have disallowed all discussion and images posted from the Runescape cache, although were often lenient on enforcing this rule.

We have decided to allow images from the Runescape Cache on our forums, this means you're free to post them without any action being taken against you. However, you may NOT discuss how to obtain these images from the cache and any images must not contain any of the programs used to achieve this. Asking for or providing instructions on how to obtain images from the cache is strictly prohibited and will be taken seriously if you're found doing so.

These new rules will be enforced immediately.

•  
  • Images from the Runescape Cache will be allowed as long as they do not contain any information regarding how to obtain these (program names etc.).
  • You can NOT discuss how these were obtained and asking for or providing instructions on this is strictly prohibited.

Thank you,

The Tip.It Administrative team.

Ummm I don't know what the cache is, and I'm not asking how to get stuff (since I don't really care) but why is it illegal? Do you like "hack" the game or something? Lol.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Do you like "hack" the game or something? Lol.

It's hacking the Runescape cache which is on your computer, famous for containing images of unreleased content, namely 3D models.

Just make sure you follow the rules and everything will be k.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

It's hacking the Runescape cache which is on your computer.

Oh lmao. I thought like google cached runescape which is why I was confused so much. That makes a lot more sense.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Thumbs up.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I don't see how its going to make a difference to people doing it, if I wanted to try and find out how to access the cache I would type the search terms 'how to find the cache on runescape'.

[Falador tavern]

Glad to see this. The timing made me smile a bit too.

I don't see how its going to make a difference to people doing it, if I wanted to try and find out how to access the cache I would type the search terms 'how to find the cache on runescape'.

You could search "how to make a bomb" on Google too, but do you think its going to be allowed here? Try to think before you type.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

It's having something retrieve publicly available content from the Runescape cache.

Oh lmao. I thought like google cached runescape which is why I was confused so much. That makes a lot more sense.

Fixed that for you. It's not hacking. Not even close. ;). It's not like decompiling, reverse engineering, bypassing security, memory editing. :P.

Think about it this way: If I have a program on my PC which stores it's resource images in a temporary folder.. If I go and open that folder to see the images and files, it aint hackin'. ;).

09144a99bb.png

I don't understand why you'd get punished for asking how to get into the cache if posting what's inside the cache is allowed.

Probably because it would do more harm than good. Some users could get tricked into downloading malicious software disguised as the real program, and there's really no quick way to monitor it (staffies are already pretty busy) so probably the safest way would be to avoid it altogether. If they were truly interested, Google would probably offer a plethora of information available at their perusal.

Great to see a change in this rule though, always though it was odd.. guess you could say the updated policy...

horatio460.jpg

is pretty CACHE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knnwIMXuj1U&feature=player_embedded

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Did you decide to change the rules from people discussing it in the thread about tip.it being rated as a platinum fansite?

Runescape - Currently In-active and a cancelled membership due to a broken computer and a cabbage laptop!

2xBarrowsReward

1600SkillTotalReached|08/05/2010

(Previously 'Darkknightider', wow that was a bad name :p)

I don't understand why you'd get punished for asking how to get into the cache if posting what's inside the cache is allowed.

Probably because it would do more harm than good. Some users could get tricked into downloading malicious software disguised as the real program, and there's really no quick way to monitor it (staffies are already pretty busy) so probably the safest way would be to avoid it altogether. If they were truly interested, Google would probably offer a plethora of information available at their perusal.

[snip]

Precisely. :)

Did you decide to change the rules from people discussing it in the thread about tip.it being rated as a platinum fansite?

Goodness no, this was being discussed for at least a week (and most likely more prior to that!) before your topic was even posted. :)

hzvjpwS.gif

[snip]

Precisely. :)

Isn't the real reason because it's against the terms & conditions? -.-

Goodness no, this was being discussed for at least a week (and most likely more prior to that!) before your topic was even posted. :)

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

jagex confirmed to us that it's not a banable offense nor is it reverse engineering.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln