Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

MM puzzle box - last 2 pieces in wrong place

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

zamarkomonk
[ Display Name History ]

zamarkomonk

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 11 posts
Posted Image

The last 3 pieces are in the wrong order, I believe all other pieces are in place. I've done this for the 2nd time and it still turns out like this.

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,582 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Veyra
  • RSN2:Pyrotheum
try to shuffle the last two rows around, the 5 peices+blank on the right side. Normally after a few random clicks it un-jumbles and you can re-piece it back together.

b6bsox.png

You should totally read my personal blog:

A Series of Various Events

Most Recent Entry - Spring's A-Coming, My Future Isn't.

A story of my life, and how it makes you feel better about yourself. Also follow it. <3

99 Farming - 11th June 2014

aspeeder
[ Display Name History ]

aspeeder

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,053 posts
If you keep shuffling the pieces in a 3x2 box then they can be in a different order, so just keep messing with a box until it turns out right.

Finished.jpg

zamarkomonk
[ Display Name History ]

zamarkomonk

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 11 posts
Anyone have an exact route of doing this? I've been trying to just randomly jumble it then replace the leftmost 2 and it still ends up being the same.

blurrythorn
[ Display Name History ]

blurrythorn

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 296 posts
Alright this is the lower righthand box

Move 5, 4, 1, 2, 3, 5, 4, 3

Not 100% sure, it seems right in my head.

Reply again if it doesnt wor

zamarkomonk
[ Display Name History ]

zamarkomonk

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 11 posts

Alright this is the lower righthand box

Move 5, 4, 1, 2, 3, 5, 4, 3

Not 100% sure, it seems right in my head.

Reply again if it doesnt wor

It doesn't solve it but when I go to solve it, it ends up being the same.

xSxqPowerx
[ Display Name History ]

xSxqPowerx

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,040 posts
What I do is do the first 3 rows from top to bottom. Once those are done and the last 2 rows remain, I start working from left to right doing 2 pieces at a time.

zamarkomonk
[ Display Name History ]

zamarkomonk

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 11 posts
That is exactly what I do, twice now and it ends up being like that.

blurrythorn
[ Display Name History ]

blurrythorn

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 296 posts
Oh, well then my advice would be to scramble up the two lowest rows of the puzzle.

First solve the left most 2x2 square so that you're left with 2x3 left two solve and that one open space you should be left with the 5 that are supposed to fit in the box.

This guide helped me alot when I was first learning to solve them

http://forum.tip.it/...ques-w-vid-aow/

His technique dealing with getting the top right ( or top left in your case) in the right place is basically the same as your problem just flipped on its side. So just imagine it on its side.

zamarkomonk
[ Display Name History ]

zamarkomonk

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 11 posts
I don't know whats wrong, either how I solve it or if its even possible. I scrambled it 3 times now, the last 2 rows. I got to solve em, left 2 at a time and what do you know, I'm back at square 1. Wasted so much time on this.

blurrythorn
[ Display Name History ]

blurrythorn

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 296 posts

I don't know whats wrong, either how I solve it or if its even possible. I scrambled it 3 times now, the last 2 rows. I got to solve em, left 2 at a time and what do you know, I'm back at square 1. Wasted so much time on this.

Well you can always pay the 200k gp if you give up. Its what I did >.<

Kidd_Varrow
[ Display Name History ]

Kidd_Varrow

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 987 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Kidd Varrow
If we number the pieces in the bottom right as blurrythorn did, what you want to do is get the piece currently in the "3" position into the "4" position. Then, rotate the bottom right pieces until you get the piece that was in the "5" position back in that same position. This will let you reverse the positions of those two pieces.

Posted Image

zamarkomonk
[ Display Name History ]

zamarkomonk

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 11 posts
Heh, no thanks. I've done 2 puzzle boxes before for TT and I see no reason why I want to pay cause of this small mishap. I'm just about there solving it.

Posted Image

You mean like this?

I got it, the only reason it never worked out was because 2 pieces were in the wrong place. On the leftmost side, the 3rd and 5th pieces are switched, they look just about the same.

All_Is_Great
[ Display Name History ]

All_Is_Great

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,495 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Heh, no thanks. I've done 2 puzzle boxes before for TT and I see no reason why I want to pay cause of this small mishap. I'm just about there solving it.

Posted Image

You mean like this?

I got it, the only reason it never worked out was because 2 pieces were in the wrong place. On the leftmost side, the 3rd and 5th pieces are switched, they look just about the same.

Lol I literally just spent the last 10 minutes trying to find a way to explain it in words and numbers. But without a video I found it almost impossible because I kept messing up.

Anyway, the basics of swapping 2 pieces involves rotating 3 pieces (counter)clockwise, then when one of the messed up pieces is in a column by itself, rotate it with 2 pieces on the other side. Then rotate the first 3 pieces (although one of the messed up ones will be replaced), and find a right place to stick the original one in. Finally rotate everything back the way it was and VOILA!

Good luck.

Staurolite.png

Kidd_Varrow
[ Display Name History ]

Kidd_Varrow

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 987 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Kidd Varrow

Posted Image

You mean like this?

Umm, if you rotate the bottom right 3 pieces, doesn't it work?

Some of the cloud pieces are in the wrong places. The worst part about this puzzle is that some of the pieces look very similar, which makes you think you have the solution when you don't. Anyway, it seems like the OP got it solved.

Posted Image

elliottmatthew
[ Display Name History ]

elliottmatthew

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
These all are games gives suggestions like in first post member suggest that 2 pieces were in the wrong place, etc. I like to play this game but I don 't know exact how to play this games in this website. Please suggest me link or idea to play this first game.

Aslan
[ Display Name History ]

Aslan

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
^Shut up troll.
Check my guide on youtube if you want.I have a video for solving TT puzzles.Should be the same type as the MM one.

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@
Now, I don't remember where I found it, but I believe I had a link to a java app that let you solve Runescape puzzle boxes online. It may help you in the future to go to that site and practice a little, as I managed to consistently be able to solve puzzle boxes under 2 minutes (record was something like 40 seconds), since you simply know where everything goes and eventually, you end up intuitively moving pieces and the puzzle turns out solved before you know it.

You can practice while training something "afk", such as woodcutting, mining at LRC, fishing, etc. It's well worth the effort if you do a lot of clues.

svs
[ Display Name History ]

svs

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:svstoned
Ugh i think you're 4 steps away from finishing it or am i missing something here?
Slide bottom right piece to the right
The one which was above that one, slide it down
Slide the other one to the left
Slide the first one i talked about to the left.

Finished? lol

Posted Image[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]Posted Image

Posted Image
Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users