Spears don't work with new rings?

Lep

Assuming none of the rings work for spears, does this make Flame Defender and Hailstorm Dagger best combo? Accuracy put with zerker ring sounds good doesn't it... Apparently Mod Emilee and Mod Mark said different things on rsof, so what's the deal? If spears really work like this then they are garbage and I'd think flame defender and hailstorm dagger really might be best...

Berserk ring info ONLY mentioned on forums, [bleep] you JaGeX?

"If you upgrade the 'Tactician' part of the ring, can you only make use of this class by fighting in an 'accurate style'?"

Yes, you have to be in accurate. You have to be in aggressive stance to utilise the berserker class.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Fail. I just spend 60k tokens - got tier 8 berserker amongst other things - and now I can't even use it? I really wish you could 'unspend' tokens.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Wow. Fail. I just spend 60k tokens - got tier 8 berserker amongst other things - and now I can't even use it? I really wish you could 'unspend' tokens.

Damn, and I'm angry for wasting 1k tokens. :shock:

A 15-20% increase in strength or attack does not alone jusify losing the ability to hit weak points on all the monsters.

I been using a 2h since 94 =p and got a hood at 96so...:)

StarViv.png

I was already disappointed that the first two classes were anti spear. I will be very disappointed if I wasted tokens to get berserker tier 5 and then can't even use it with my spear. Why can't Jagex not be difficult.... Just let us have a general accuracy bonus, a general defensive bonus, and a general strength bonus.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

2H is prob the best now. Tbh 10-15% strength > (Spear>2H advantage)

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I was already disappointed that the first two classes were anti spear. I will be very disappointed if I wasted tokens to get berserker tier 5 and then can't even use it with my spear. Why can't Jagex not be difficult.... Just let us have a general accuracy bonus, a general defensive bonus, and a general strength bonus.

Now you actually have to choose between a weapon.. Not simply follow the crowd..

I'm all for a great range of equally strong weapons so we finally get to see some DIFFERENCES in set ups :).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Yeah, I havn't seen any difference in my damage after upgrading my ring to berserker tier 5. Right now I'm rushing through the ice floors trying to get a hailstorm dagger.... Whats the best floors to do to get a flameburst defender? Also, which is going to be the best ring to use with that combo? Berserker or the Accuracy one?

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Now you actually have to choose between a weapon.. Not simply follow the crowd..

I'm all for a great range of equally strong weapons so we finally get to see some DIFFERENCES in set ups :).

You can poison a spear and it can hit most monsters weaknesses. Why limit yourself to specific attack styles when you can have a broad range? The poison damage also helps you out a lot. What other weapons, besides daggers, can be poisoned? There's a good reason why spears were the most popular.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Yeah, I havn't seen any difference in my damage after upgrading my ring to berserker tier 5. Right now I'm rushing through the ice floors trying to get a hailstorm dagger.... Whats the best floors to do to get a flameburst defender? Also, which is going to be the best ring to use with that combo? Berserker or the Accuracy one?

That would be the Furnished floors, I believe. But really? You'd rather give up your defensive for whatever power the Flameburst and Hailstorm provide together? It's an average of an extra 20 damage per combat round...

That would be the Furnished floors, I believe. But really? You'd rather give up your defensive for whatever power the Flameburst and Hailstorm provide together?

Indeed I would. I've always played games in the role of offensive rather than defensive.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Apparently two of the magic rings don't work at all either

What!? Magic doesn't work? Sheesh, and I was gonna try to get 77 RC to mage there...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

What??? Berserker only works on aggressive?? Maybe the damn manual should have said that... Ffs Jagex.

That's what I said! Even a J Mod stated you don't have to be on aggressive to use it! J Mod's and their wrong info -.-

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

You can poison a spear and it can hit most monsters weaknesses. Why limit yourself to specific attack styles when you can have a broad range? The poison damage also helps you out a lot. What other weapons, besides daggers, can be poisoned? There's a good reason why spears were the most popular.

Because often if you choose a "role" you get more variety in a game.

Ie someone plays a tank and takes the stufff for that.. Another person plays as DPS, another as nuke, and someone as support..

Would give much more tactic to dungeoneering and runescape as a whole

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I'm going to get a prom 2h to try it out on solo. Losing stab is pretty big, but most things weak to stab are at least susceptible to slash and vice versa.

As for poison, it's a cute perk, but not that important. I kill most of the mobs I'm on before poison can tick. Even attacking something and then switching to something else, I'd be lucky to see it do more than two ticks worth of damage.

Yeah now I'm wondering what wep is now best. I'd prefer the accuracy boost to the strength boost so what prom wep would be best?

I personally dumped my Prom Spear and changed to a Prom LS. So far I'm pretty happy with it. I mainly solo so this was a good choice for me.

Prom LS has a nice +111 slash offense to it, which works on both Accurate and Aggressive. It also holds a +80 controlled stab for those monsters weak to stab.

So with a Longsword you can chose both accurate and beserker class with quite a bit of accuracy, and stab without boosts if necessary. The only thing it lacks is the crush bonus, but few NPC's require crush. Most monsters that are weak to crush are also weak to magic.

I see LS as the more "all around" weapon (since you can tank with it as well), but the rapier could replace it too for speeding though dungeons.

I see Spear as having an advantage because it can use all 3 combat styles, but no ring bonus.

LS having benefits of accuracy or beserker bonus with medium speed and power.

Rapier having benefits of accuracy and beserker bonus with fast speed but less power and accuracy.

Jagex did a fairly nice job if they left the spear out, because now there are actually better alternatives than each-other in some circumstances.

all u mems are whining that you cant use your precious spear with your new p2p only ring and f2p doesnt get it at all...

Just switch to a prom 2h, its not that bad of a weapon

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

all u mems are whining that you cant use your precious spear with your new p2p only ring and f2p doesnt get it at all...

Just switch to a prom 2h, its not that bad of a weapon

I am usually a F2P friendly (this is the first case in which I'm not) but .. pretty much .. STFU. They could implement another spear-killer. The ring is supposed to help you regardless of your class/weapon choice.