The Walking Dead

redhaloguy

i liked this season. it's short enough that it didn't pull a lost where too much filler is used to stretch episodes. more isn't always better

it's not that great, but it's watchable. sometimes you can hear the lead actor's voice changing and popping out his brit accent. there's two scenes in this finale that he does it lol

but you have to remember this is produced by AMC. they don't have the $$$ HBO, ABC, etc. have so they have to keep a tight budget. but still, with what they're working with it is still impressive imo.

Nice finale, even if it was a bit predictable.

The Dr. Jenner guy kinda reminded me of Dexter. He looks kinda like him, but older, and the way he reacts to things has the same kinda out of touch with human emotion thing Dexter has, though that's probably a result of the whole being alone for 1month(+).

Hopefully it doesn't take until October for the next season to come out, this has turned into one of the few shows that I regularly check up on.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I just realized the guy who looks like Sean Connery was in The Grren Mile. Didn't recognize him with the beard :blink:

It took me longer to realize that Dr. Jenner was the guy who played the best friend in the Truman Show.

i rolled my eyes when the scientist "whispered" something to the lead actor. that is gonna nag me til the next season

It was Slugworth wanting Rick to get him an Everlasting Gobstopper.

[hide]Ok, I'm done. :razz:

But really I did say that out loud to my friends while we watched.[/hide]

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

The Dr. Jenner guy kinda reminded me of Dexter. He looks kinda like him, but older, and the way he reacts to things has the same kinda out of touch with human emotion thing Dexter has, though that's probably a result of the whole being alone for 1month(+).

That's a nice contrast tbh.

Dexter's mother dies in front of him. Dr's wife dies in front of him (and he had to shoot the head after)

• 7 months later...

YES!

finally something to look forward to in the Fall

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

• 2 months later...

I plan to be disappointed. Mostly because the creator quit and the series was already doing poorly. I'll watch a few episodes though, if it doesn't get any better I'll probably quit watching.

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

I plan to be disappointed. Mostly because the creator quit and the series was already doing poorly. I'll watch a few episodes though, if it doesn't get any better I'll probably quit watching.

Doing poorly? Do you mean in terms of overall ratings? Because everyone I knew who watched it loved it. Extremely disappointed to hear the creator quit! Was that the creator of the comic or the adaptation?

hzvjpwS.gif

Doing poorly? Do you mean in terms of overall ratings? Because everyone I knew who watched it loved it. Extremely disappointed to hear the creator quit! Was that the creator of the comic or the adaptation?

Adaptation, and I was disappointed after the first episode.. mostly because stuff just didn't flow well.. The only reason now to watch it is because it's the only Zombie TV show out there.

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

• 4 weeks later...

First 30 minutes were pretty good and tense and stuff. The last 30? Awful. I also think it may be a problem when the character I like the most has an SS symbol on his bike.

Zombies are still awesomely make-up'd and etc, though.

[spoiler=Premiere Spoilers]I hope that kid getting shot was a comedy scene, because I was laughing my arse off.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

First 30 minutes were pretty good and tense and stuff. The last 30? Awful.

I completely agree. The last 30 minutes was losing my attention.

I want probably half of the convoy to die. Some characters are so annoyingly stupid.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

First 30 minutes were pretty good and tense and stuff. The last 30? Awful.

I completely agree. The last 30 minutes was losing my attention.

I want probably half of the convoy to die. Some characters are so annoyingly stupid.

I third this motion. Doesn't help that they stretched an hour's show to be 90 minutes. WAY too many commercial breaks that screwed with plot flow

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Oh goodness, I totally forgot about this thread.

[hide=Spoilers] That last few minutes really woke me up. Also, I really hope that blonde chick dies. She has a point when she says how that old guy basically forced her out of her decision. I felt that really wasn't right of him.[/hide]

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

It's hard to go from such intense action, to such a lull in danger for the season premier. It did make it feel drawn out, but I wasn't disappointed by it. It was still well done. The version I watched didn't have commercials though, so that might've helped a lot.

The trailer for the rest of the season looked interesting to say the least. Can't wait until Sunday. Though by all rights

that boy should've died way before they could get them to that plantation house.

hzvjpwS.gif

I LOVED the start, how the most tense scene was almost entirely without combat, and there were bits and pieces of juiciness throughout, but yeah, there were a few too many slow moments and an ungodly number of commercials.

Not as nearly good as the first season premier, which was consistently interesting throughout, but this was definitely good too.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.