Ranger void vs. dragonhide

tuuskukk14

I've been training range for quite some time now and I got my Void before that.

But one day I started to wonder, if the 10% boost is really worth for all that range attack bonus you get from dragonhide or Karils.

At the moment I'm just guessing Void is better for low and mid level monsters, but not for high level monsters (Black dragons for example) or am I wrong and the 10% boost makes all the difference?

Do you have any ideas or better yet is there a theory of some sort out there.

tuuskukk.png

High defense = armadyl.

Low-mid defense = void.

It depends on how high you can get your accuracy bonus in void, though. Extreme range pots and eagle eye (Soon to be the ranged piety) tip the scales a bit.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Void is a little funny the way it works. The reason for this, is that void is a end multiplier when it comes to accuracy and damage.

For example with ranged Void: When calculating your hit accuracy, your equipment attack bonus will be added with your ranged level accuracy, and then BOTH of those will be multiplied by 10%. So in actuality the Void set not only uses 10% of your armor bonus for your ranged accuracy bonus, but 10% of your ranged level as well.

The same thing goes with your max hit. Your range level + ranged strength bonus is added to provide a hit. That hit is then multiplied by 10% giving you a 10% bonus of your ranged strength and ranged level combined.

This is why Void is often seen as better than d'hide for the reason the 10% accuracy applies to both level and equipment bonuses. It is difficult to say Void is better than Armadyl because Void takes 10% of the ranged level for accuracy while Armadyl does not. We do not know how much ranged level plays in part for accuracy compared to ranged armor bonuses. I feel as if they are very close to the same accuracy, so I would use Armadyl for places you need defense and Void at places you don't.

On a personal note, on slayer task Armadyl & black d'hide will outperform void 100%, since you get 15% att/str (slayer helm) + the amazing accuracy bonuses of the ranged armor.

The general rule my friends and I go by is if you have 90+ range, you use void. In any other situation, you use dragonhide. Not sure if that's true, but it seems to have worked for me.

On another note, void melee has been proven to have higher DPS than full bandos. Just a little fact there.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

The general rule my friends and I go by is if you have 90+ range, you use void. In any other situation, you use dragonhide. Not sure if that's true, but it seems to have worked for me.

On another note, void melee has been proven to have higher DPS than full bandos. Just a little fact there.

it all depends on your levels and what your killing.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I trained my range at iron dragons.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I trained my range at iron dragons.

d'hide is probably always better there.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

i dont think bringing void to somewhere you have the potential to die easily is a good idea (not saying you cant die on anything...) Its a pain to get it. If your training on yaks or ogres id go with void, if its a higher leveled monster that can deal some damage id go with d'hide.

Cruel_arctic.png

i dont think bringing void to somewhere you have the potential to die easily is a good idea (not saying you cant die on anything...) Its a pain to get it. If your training on yaks or ogres id go with void, if its a higher leveled monster that can deal some damage id go with d'hide.

Outside of top tier boss hunting you should not ever die. Anyways I like void because I never miss anyways.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?