Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Big Brother Is Watching

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

timmmmm83
[ Display Name History ]

timmmmm83

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 552 posts
I feel for you... Jokes aren't allowed, even help is punished sometimes...

Personal experiences with mutes:
1) "Damn, went woodcutting and forgot to take my axe from bank!" REASON: 'damn'
2) Person in Edge bank asks why I'm not dressed in pink, like he is at that moment. My answer: "I'm not g@y ;-)"
3) Friend asking where I downloaded SwiftKit from. Other person stands next to us and reports me.

Oh well, I'll never get mod-status I guess. :grin: (unless when I'm eventually maxed, they seem to hand it out when you reach that, smart/helpful or not :roll: )

o_knames
[ Display Name History ]

o_knames

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:o knames
Of course, it seems obvious that you were being sarcastic, and it would be nice if Jagex recognized that. But at the same time, I don't think they should necessarily have to maintain the manpower required to sort through everyone who appeals using the Sarcasm Defense.

Bottom line, you didn't need to say it, so you probably shouldn't have. A 14 day mute isn't the end of the world and seems proportional to the offense. Hopefully you won't have any further run-ins and this will end up a minor annoyance in the long-run.

Maxed total levels
Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,007 posts
  • RSN:Alg ae

I'm not asking anyone for sympathy. I'm just remembering a time where people were allowed to speak, and others would take what they said and actually interpret it before they acted.

Of course, the game was always better than it was before now.
I remember people saying the same thing years ago. It's always struck me as "veteran" players reminding everyone that somehow they're better because they remember "the good old days". Personally, I think it reeks of elitism.
It probably isn't even that though. It looks much more like someone who was punished and would rather blame the system that punished him than think "hm, maybe I should be more careful".

Lxl1tbP.png

Aiel
[ Display Name History ]

Aiel

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,103 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Aielman
  • Clan:Collam Daan
I see where your coming from I got muted once when a low level freind asked me how people password scammed and I replyed "they'd say something like "look jagex blocks your password ********!"" Even in just that line its fairly obvious that Im not password scamming, this and several other similar incidents has led me to believe that jagex does not in fact read appeals or reports <_<

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

timmmmm83
[ Display Name History ]

timmmmm83

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 552 posts

I see where your coming from I got muted once when a low level freind asked me how people password scammed and I replyed "they'd say something like "look jagex blocks your password ********!"" Even in just that line its fairly obvious that Im not password scamming, this and several other similar incidents has led me to believe that jagex does not in fact read appeals or reports <_<

Remembers me of a RS-vid I once saw.

Person comes up to you and says: 'knock knock!'
You answer: 'Who is there?'
He says: 'Ray'
You answer: 'Ray who?'
He says: 'reported for asking personal information!'

:lol:

Leyenda
[ Display Name History ]

Leyenda

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • RSN:Szeryng
gg
All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)
Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs
Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender

ldailey06
[ Display Name History ]

ldailey06

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • RSN:Satan Panda
its impossible to overestimate how stupid and childish runescape player mods can be
Posted Image

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@
Big Brother is watching.

But there's always clan chats and such. If you're in a non-public clan chat (meaning, one that isn't exactly well known and popular among players, unlike chats like "Dg elites", "world60pengs" "star hunt" etc), you rarely get reported.

Heh, I've heard that one too :P

JumpinJax
[ Display Name History ]

JumpinJax

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 33 posts

gg

Geeze man is it that time of the month for you? Is there a reason why you keep trying to argue with me? I will, however, respectfully bow out. I mean, you were the 116,912nd person to get 99 cooking, which makes you kind of a big deal. But really though, I don't think you've focused on what I was saying, and just read what you wanted to read. I'm just saying things aren't like they used to be.

And as for the guy who hinted i was an "elitist", man, its a video game. And even if it wasn't, if you liked this game before a certain update, and don't like the way the game is headed, your allowed to have an opinion. I still love Runescape, though I play it very rarely. However, there was a time you could have an argument with someone, without fear of getting reported. Likewise, there was a time when you could mock a scammer without getting reported. And what's the point of an appeal if they don't have the time to read them.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,007 posts
  • RSN:Alg ae

its impossible to overestimate how stupid and childish runescape player mods can be

As someone with posts about the topic that may number in the triple digits, I'd love to direct you to a thread where that's actually the main issue. As childish as they may be, reading the thread before posting is recommended in order to appear intelligent and mature.

Lxl1tbP.png

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts

A player mod didn't mute him, a random player reported him, and Jagex muted him...

Why do some people think that when they get muted, and Player mod did it?

Posted Image

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

Posted Image

Soma2035
[ Display Name History ]

Soma2035

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,440 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Can't really say this is Jagex's fault. You did make a joke about password scamming, if you take that out of context, it isn't an obvious joke. What they get is that out of context comment, not the conversations of everyone in that area.

Did you actually try that? Taking it out of context, I mean? Because it's an obvious joke, in or out of context, which is the silliest part. True, it's not wise to joke about things like this, but like I said before, anyone with half a brain can tell it's a joke, in or out of context. What the mounted Abyssal Demon says is more easily misconstrued as an actual scam than this is.

MCsq2
[ Display Name History ]

MCsq2

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,385 posts
  • RSN:Yuzuru Yamai
  • RSN2:Mister Sonic
  • Clan:Dg Family
Sigh... people these days.

I actually don't even know why there's even a filter here anymore. The youngsters are the ones that use the profanity the most, not us.

We need freedom of speech, or even an "optional" filter. :thumbup:

Central_Keeper
[ Display Name History ]

Central_Keeper

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 474 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Sigh... people these days.

I actually don't even know why there's even a filter here anymore. The youngsters are the ones that use the profanity the most, not us.

We need freedom of speech, or even an "optional" filter. :thumbup:

Well, you either have one or another, not sort of both, it will create a huge gray area. Though most of those profanity comes from younger players, I seen some older players using it too (at least they using it in the PMs, and I know them for long time, but why do you need to use those swear words as adjectives is totally beyond me).

I think everyone here understand the frustration of the poster's situation, but I think at least Jagex is somewhat understanding for giving u the temp mute (and hopefully no black marks on your character). I have seen other players trying to entice other players to use strong words in retaliations. One of my friend got goaded a lot because of his high combat level in clan wars, and he got reported when he swore at them. Of course he got black marks, but he said it was well worth it and let his steam out because he was very mad.

For the most part, whenever I encountered someone like that, I just take a step back, evaluate the situation, report when necessary and move on my daily RS tasks. RS is not what it was once use to and everyone is very report abuse happy (despite the situations), so those of us with long experience and wisdom (or views) will tolerate as the game goes along.
a happy Runescaper

FIREWORKS
[ Display Name History ]

FIREWORKS

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:lox
You were probably reported by a p-mod. P-mods have no ability to sense sarcasm.

Crafter60
[ Display Name History ]

Crafter60

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 36 posts

I've done this a few times on a busy chat, but never actually reported anyone :D SO much fun.

My friend once talked a pmod into a trick like this, and got him a mute.

The mod I mentioned above, is a perfect match to that description. He can't see anything as a joke, and takes everything personally. And there are a other pmods like him, that I have encountered, so my belief and respect to player mods isn't really high.

I usually just sit around and watch things evolve, and I'm pretty careful of what I say in public, this is why I've never gotten a mute or a black mark of any kind. Of course I swear and talk things that when taken out of context can easily give me a mute. I just stay focused on where and whom I'm talking to, and act that way. In this matter discretion is always a virtue :D.

Carl
[ Display Name History ]

Carl

I <3 N_odie!

• Members
  • 2,374 posts
  • RSN:Carl
  • RSN2:Newb

You were probably reported by a p-mod. P-mods have no ability to sense sarcasm.

It doesn't matter whether or not he was reported by a Player Moderator or a regular player; Jagex were the one actionining the report and they felt what they saw was enough to give a 14-day-mute. They don't know how the conversation went or the 14 minutes before he got reported was about. They don't know he was the one trying to scam. All they have is him requesting the other guys password...You must remember a lot of the RuneScape Community are gullible.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
  • RSN:Sir Kurity
  • RSN2:Estorrath
I think jagex has to cater for the complete dimwits...

Unfortunately for you, to complete dimwits thats a legitimate password scamming technique :thumbup:
O.O

AnneFrank
[ Display Name History ]

AnneFrank

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 696 posts
  • RSN:AnneFrank
  • RSN2:Hold_Drink
  • Clan:True 0wnage
Nice Mistake.

Watch what you say

is all i have to say

Low C
[ Display Name History ]

Low C

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,199 posts
  • RSN:Low C

Nice Mistake.

Watch what you say

is all i have to say

Your way of summing up an argument works very well in this situation. I agree watch what you say is a perfect solution to anything dealing with reports.

151365_ed616eaa3a75b231.png2ch3pqw.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users