Dungeoneering Collapsing Doorframe

123neopet

What does it mean in dungeoneering when you encounter a "collapsing doorframe"? The option on it is to "Repair doorframe", but when I click on it it simply tells me that "You are unable to repair the broken doorframe." It doesn't give me a skill level or item that I need to grab and I can't find any evidence of a puzzle to open it. Does anybody know how I could go about opening this door? It is NOT a skill door, as far as I can tell.

If it matters, I've seen it on floors 15 & 16, and I'm f2p with a dugeoneering level of 38.

P2P forever!... Or at least 'til <insert excuse here> happens

Falterflame.png

98% of people have signatures with made up statistics in them. If you're one of the 2% that doesn't, copy this and add it to your signature.

It is a skill door for the Construction skill. Since Construction is a P2P skill, we F2P'ers get the "You are unable to repair the broken door frame" message. This happens for all skill doors that are related to a member's skill.

Check out the Dungeoneering skill guide here. It's super useful when you feel stumped.

Fellsig.jpg

I was afraid it was something like that. That's really irritating that they include doors that are completely impossible to even attempt to open. Does anybody know if Jagex has acknowledged that this is a problem?

Falterflame.png

98% of people have signatures with made up statistics in them. If you're one of the 2% that doesn't, copy this and add it to your signature.

I was afraid it was something like that. That's really irritating that they include doors that are completely impossible to even attempt to open. Does anybody know if Jagex has acknowledged that this is a problem?

After some of the dungeoneering Q&A's they have stated that it was purposely implemented, as incentives for us F2Pers to get P2P.

After some of the dungeoneering Q&A's they have stated that it was purposely implemented, as incentives for us F2Pers to get P2P.

It's not an incentive if there isn't a label on it. To me it looks like a bug or simply a closed off area. (If I hadn't asked here) Since it doesn't say ANYTHING about "You need to be a member in order to open this door", I don't really think that's going to convert anybody to members any more than a door that requires 93 magic is.

Falterflame.png

Quite a few things don't make sense. For example, p2p skill doors in f2p. Sometimes, skill doors can go over level 99 in f2p, and likewise they used to have a chance of requiring such a level in p2p, even in skills you can't boost (ex. prayer).