Jagex's new bot punishment: Level resetting

The_Gabe

According to this thread

http://forum.tip.it/topic/279584-need-help/

and proof from this adventurer's log...

http://services.runescape.com/m=adventurers-log/display_player_profile.ws?searchName=Pur34th34rt

Apparently Jagex had decided to go down this road now.

Good/bad? Discuss I guess

EDIT: This is just speculation, but I can't think of any other reason for this.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been seeing these threads crop up on RSOF quite a lot recently, but I'm still not convinced that it's true...

If it is, then really it's a bit silly - it's the same as banning in the sense that the bot has to start right from the beginning, but what about the resources they've already chopped/fished/picked? Do they get reset too, or do they just pile up there as the bot gets the levels back up, then reset, and then back up again?

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Wait - I don't understand where the evidence is. Mind using screenshots and annotations?

In the adventurer's log, it says he gained 60 wc, and then 45 woodcutting afterwards. There wasn't a roll back or anything, also he's another adventurer's blog to look at..

http://services.runescape.com/m=adventurers-log/display_player_profile.ws?searchName=iM%A0A%A0JackboY

He gained 48 agility lvls, yet he is not ranked. Probably got reset back to 30- agil.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Wait - I don't understand where the evidence is. Mind using screenshots and annotations?

In the adventurer's log, it says he gained 60 wc, and then 45 woodcutting afterwards. There wasn't a roll back or anything, also he's another adventurer's blog to look at..

http://services.runescape.com/m=adventurers-log/display_player_profile.ws?searchName=iM%A0A%A0JackboY

He gained 48 agility lvls, yet he is not ranked. Probably got reset back to 30- agil.

They did this before, and I think it's a good idea. But what about Bug Abuse?

It's a good idea but surely the gold farmers (who only care about resources not levels) will start to come back?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I would rage if I had to get 1->97 Agility again because of a glitch. :angry:

If its happening on purpose though, it could be a stab in the back for anyone that didn't use a bot but got punished for it.

Still sounds far-fetched to me. I guess it's a good thing if it's true, but potentially disastrous if an innocent person has levels reset. Doesn't affect me either way, I suppose.

unless you're that innocent person.wink.gif

This is stupid. If they know you've botted, it needs to be an instant, permanent ban. Crap like this means there's no deterrent- if I bot to 99 rc and don't get caught, I get 99 rc. If I do get caught, no big deal, nothing gained nothing lost.

I'm sick of Jagex playing around with botters and then being like "durrrr why are there so many bots everywhere? We gave them all 3 day bans and they keep coming back!"

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

This is stupid. If they know you've botted, it needs to be an instant, permanent ban. Crap like this means there's no deterrent- if I bot to 99 rc and don't get caught, I get 99 rc. If I do get caught, no big deal, nothing gained nothing lost.

I'm sick of Jagex playing around with botters and then being like "durrrr why are there so many bots everywhere? We gave them all 3 day bans and they keep coming back!"

100% agree

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Jagex Mods need to go to nonmems around lumbride and just look around a yew tree and ban all the default looking lvl 3's there.

Proud Ubuntu User!

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people. -Scott Adams

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.-Emo Phillips

My Blog!

TyrantElf.png

TyrantElf.png

This isn't doing anything to botting. Everyone just has to come to the reality that botting will always exist and that bots outway the true number of legit players. There has been a drastic increase of botters because this game is truley becoming duller everyday and no one wants to grind out levels.

It sure is an interesting way to deal with things... :huh:

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

Dragon drops: Draconic Visage, Dragon Plateskirt, Dragon Med Helm, Dragon Platelegs

Other drops: Dragon Chainbody

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

Verac's flail, Verac's skirt x2, Guthan's platebody x2, Guthan's warspear x3, Dharok's helm x2, Ahrim's hood, Ahrim's robeskirt, Torag's platelegs, Karil's top, Karil's skirt, Karil's crossbow x2

The guys alog you posted doesn't make sense, even if jagex lowered the stats.

First 53 then jumps up to 58 then to 59 to 60 then down to 45 then jumps up to 48...

Anyway, Until I see some ingame pictures and not alog, I'm not buying it.

I see it as a alog glitch until then.

EDIT: This is just speculation, but I can't think of any other reason for this.

Only part of what you wrote that is true.

They ban not roll back.

You just found a glitch in the adventurer log... imagine that.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

The guys alog you posted doesn't make sense, even if jagex lowered the stats.

First 53 then jumps up to 58 then to 59 to 60 then down to 45 then jumps up to 48...

Anyway, Until I see some ingame pictures and not alog, I'm not buying it.

I see it as a alog glitch until then.

I've had it happen every time I get two levels in one session that it updates only the latest when I log off.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

This isn't doing anything to botting. Everyone just has to come to the reality that botting will always exist and that bots outway the true number of legit players. There has been a drastic increase of botters because this game is truley becoming duller everyday and no one wants to grind out levels.

This. If Jagex was serious about botting they would limit the grinding in the game as much as possible. Obviously, the subscription money means more to them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

A random person came into my friend's clanchat yesterday saying his WC had been lowered to 89 and that he still had a WC skillcape (that apparently he couldn't equip)

I asked him to post proof on tip.it and he asked if he had to sign up here or not, but in the end he didn't.

I logged off soon after that and I didn't believe him at the time, but now I've seen this I'm not sure.

I have heard of Adventurer's Log glitches like this though

*Bots so he can have turmoil at 1 def*

:thumbsup:

in all seriousness, i don't see this as a decent punishment, especially if you do the skill for money.

Yeah, they should also remove the money gained from botting. >_> If someone botted red chins to 99 Hunter and got their level(s) reset, but still had the ~30M or whatever they probably wouldn't care.¨

EDIT: I will get seriously ****** if they reset my levels because I play way too many hours a day :blink:

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Logically, stat reduction happens through banning anyway. Perm banning is essentially the same as reducing all skills back to level 1. The account in question has only had a few levels taken off them. This is quite obviously a lesser punishment, and it also begs the question as to what happens with non-skiller bots; PC bots, green dragon bots etc

Personally, I wish they'd just go back to perm banning them on the first offence. It's nice and simple.