Jagex's new bot punishment: Level resetting

The_Gabe

This isn't doing anything to botting. Everyone just has to come to the reality that botting will always exist and that bots outway the true number of legit players. There has been a drastic increase of botters because this game is truley becoming duller everyday and no one wants to grind out levels.

This. If Jagex was serious about botting they would limit the grinding in the game as much as possible. Obviously, the subscription money means more to them.

You probably didn't notice, but Jagex released a new skill about 6 months ago that is nearly impossible to bot and much less of a grind than your average skill. I'd like to see more stuff like this.

In addition, distractions and diversions are all quick tasks to take some time away from simply doing the same skill over and over, and although it may be frustrating running from place to place, it's something different.

lalalasig2.png

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adventure log is probably bugged and displaying someone elses info or not updated his own info properly. I mean seriously how many times has this happened to everyone? Its very common I see someone elses info in the past. I know I didnt get 54 slayer last month because I have had it like years.. Nor have I gained 99 rc last week because I only got 96. I havnt noticed any bugs in a long time but that dont mean it hasnt happened or that logs could be old info despite the dates so its not reliable. (Even if its displaying it live now it could be an old bugged recording being displayed.)

Then there no real proof and it wouldnt make any practical sense to do it. Thats not to say they havnt done this.. Just I havnt seen any evidence of it yet.

This isn't doing anything to botting. Everyone just has to come to the reality that botting will always exist and that bots outway the true number of legit players. There has been a drastic increase of botters because this game is truley becoming duller everyday and no one wants to grind out levels.

This. If Jagex was serious about botting they would limit the grinding in the game as much as possible. Obviously, the subscription money means more to them.

You probably didn't notice, but Jagex released a new skill about 6 months ago that is nearly impossible to bot and much less of a grind than your average skill. I'd like to see more stuff like this.

In addition, distractions and diversions are all quick tasks to take some time away from simply doing the same skill over and over, and although it may be frustrating running from place to place, it's something different.

True and true, unfortunately this doesn't hold true for the other 20 skills in the game.

O.O

Dungeoneering relies on all of your other skills to be on the same level as each other, so while botting can't actually do the footwork for you at that point, all the grinding necessary before that which hasn't gone away and probably never will can be attended to by automation.

In a way the demand for it has increased since dungeoneering is basically the "reward" for slaving over a hot chinchompa patch all day, so people feel even more inadequate and are more eager to find shortcuts to the prize.

Jagex really just wants to avoid turning off those who did do the dull stuff fair and square, so this is stopping them from just pitching the whole grind system out in favor of increasing the exp gains of actions performed in dungeoneering.

In the meanwhile we all have to suffer for the ghosts of the past, and really while the situation is unfortunate I find it hard not to point fingers at those who wish to preserve their fleeting superiority by holding everybody else back in the stone age

Although I do have to chuckle a bit at how they are chipping away at the face of the old school bit by bit, even if it will take forever to change people's minds

8f14270694.jpg

Bots get a perm bann... so why would they change their stats anyway? :mellow:

No they don't. I've known a few people to bot 99 magic and get off with a 3 day ban. It's maddeningly stupid. Even more outrageous is the fact that J mods will outright deny this to our face, even though we know for a FACT that not everyone punished for macroing is perm banned.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

[hide]

28_9001.png

[/hide]

Hmm...

"all accounts associated with this have been permanently banned."

Not true. Searching 'reset' on the RSOF returns plenty of threads where the OP hasn't been banned.

IDK whether to trust Poppy or Matt >_>

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

[hide]

28_9001.png

[/hide]

Hmm...

Not true. Searching 'reset' on the RSOF returns plenty of threads where the OP hasn't been banned.

Those Jmod posts are almost a month old

[hide]

28_9001.png

[/hide]

Hmm...

Those Jmod posts are almost a month old

Oho. Didn't notice that. =D> Guess they're fake then.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Why choose when they both say the same thing? But if they'd have different opinions, obviously Matt would be the guy who knows more. Poppy is just in the community management.

Edit: your mom is fake.

Edited by Kaur

Maybe they are using it as a second test for macro users? Reset the level by x amount, if the account carries on training it again without stopping or noticing, chances are it is a bot leading to a ban?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I noticed this on runetracker: http://runetracker.org/track-w+99+skiller

This guys total exp has crashed by over 80 million, his combat exp has gone right done. Pretty weird...

Can't access from work so I can't see the page but I'm guessing that a change like that is going to be down to a name change.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

This guys total exp has crashed by over 80 million, his combat exp has gone right done. Pretty weird...

Can't access from work so I can't see the page but I'm guessing that a change like that is going to be down to a name change.

If you change your name on runetracker it keeps the same progress and doesn't crash

It recognizes you changed your name and continues as normal

You just type in your new name and wal la

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

If you change your name on runetracker it keeps the same progress and doesn't crash

It recognizes you changed your name and continues as normal

You just type in your new name and wal la

Really? I vaguely remember reading that if you changed names, and then someone else took your old one then the XP could be messed up like that.

Quite possible I'm wrong though

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Really? I vaguely remember reading that if you changed names, and then someone else took your old one then the XP could be messed up like that.

Quite possible I'm wrong though

Only possible when the name changes owner is less than 28+7 days. (Read: forced namechanges)

if it is a punishment, then i dont really see any gain on jagex's behalf.

You don't see the gain? They get to keep membership payments while the bots keep going.

Logically, stat reduction happens through banning anyway. Perm banning is essentially the same as reducing all skills back to level 1.

No it's not. When you're banned, all assets are frozen. They no longer exist and can't impact anyone else. We know so little about this 'new process', we don't know what happens with their assets. If they're keeping them, then it's absolutely abhorrent. If they're removing them too, then hey! Jagex still gets their money, botters gonna bot, haters gonna hate, etc.

Meh. It'd be nice if there was confirmation somewhere. This whole thing lowers my opinions of the company behind this game.

hzvjpwS.gif

I just don't understand why they have to be so secretive about this. Ban the bots, and be done. There are plenty of legitimate players to give you your income. :thumbdown:

Because if they outright say their system for detecting bots, the creators of them will adjust them so that they avoid it. Much like intelligence services in real life have to keep as secretive as possible o do their job.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Not new, they were doing this in Classic well over 6 years ago, the only 2 draw-backs to this is;

Quests remain complete, you could be in the Legends' Guild at Level 3 technically.

All the items sold in-game are not removed, thus ruining the economy more.

This was what it was like in Classic anyway, therefore Quest Cape with all stats reset is possible.