Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jagex's new bot punishment: Level resetting

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

xxshady
[ Display Name History ]

xxshady

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 961 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:xxshady

This isn't doing anything to botting. Everyone just has to come to the reality that botting will always exist and that bots outway the true number of legit players. There has been a drastic increase of botters because this game is truley becoming duller everyday and no one wants to grind out levels.

This. If Jagex was serious about botting they would limit the grinding in the game as much as possible. Obviously, the subscription money means more to them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Shadiochao
[ Display Name History ]

Shadiochao

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Shadiochao
A random person came into my friend's clanchat yesterday saying his WC had been lowered to 89 and that he still had a WC skillcape (that apparently he couldn't equip)
I asked him to post proof on tip.it and he asked if he had to sign up here or not, but in the end he didn't.

I logged off soon after that and I didn't believe him at the time, but now I've seen this I'm not sure.
I have heard of Adventurer's Log glitches like this though

Kata_Phfract__the_slayer
[ Display Name History ]

Kata_Phfract__the_slayer

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • RSN:Kata Phract
i think this is a glitch not a punishment.

if it is a punishment, then i dont really see any gain on jagex's behalf.
Posted Image
I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
  • RSN:Sir Kurity
  • RSN2:Estorrath
*Bots so he can have turmoil at 1 def*

:thumbsup:

in all seriousness, i don't see this as a decent punishment, especially if you do the skill for money.
O.O

Frede173
[ Display Name History ]

Frede173

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • RSN:Frede173

*Bots so he can have turmoil at 1 def*

:thumbsup:

in all seriousness, i don't see this as a decent punishment, especially if you do the skill for money.

Yeah, they should also remove the money gained from botting. >_> If someone botted red chins to 99 Hunter and got their level(s) reset, but still had the ~30M or whatever they probably wouldn't care.ยจ

EDIT: I will get seriously ****** if they reset my levels because I play way too many hours a day :blink:
Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,031 posts
  • RSN:STN Ginger W
Logically, stat reduction happens through banning anyway. Perm banning is essentially the same as reducing all skills back to level 1. The account in question has only had a few levels taken off them. This is quite obviously a lesser punishment, and it also begs the question as to what happens with non-skiller bots; PC bots, green dragon bots etc

Personally, I wish they'd just go back to perm banning them on the first offence. It's nice and simple.

Rocked
[ Display Name History ]

Rocked

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,938 posts
  • RSN:Rocked
  • RSN '07:Mtn Dew Dew

This isn't doing anything to botting. Everyone just has to come to the reality that botting will always exist and that bots outway the true number of legit players. There has been a drastic increase of botters because this game is truley becoming duller everyday and no one wants to grind out levels.

This. If Jagex was serious about botting they would limit the grinding in the game as much as possible. Obviously, the subscription money means more to them.

You probably didn't notice, but Jagex released a new skill about 6 months ago that is nearly impossible to bot and much less of a grind than your average skill. I'd like to see more stuff like this.

In addition, distractions and diversions are all quick tasks to take some time away from simply doing the same skill over and over, and although it may be frustrating running from place to place, it's something different.
Posted Image

Bazzaminxer
[ Display Name History ]

Bazzaminxer

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 995 posts
  • RSN:Bazzaminxer
Adventure log is probably bugged and displaying someone elses info or not updated his own info properly. I mean seriously how many times has this happened to everyone? Its very common I see someone elses info in the past. I know I didnt get 54 slayer last month because I have had it like years.. Nor have I gained 99 rc last week because I only got 96. I havnt noticed any bugs in a long time but that dont mean it hasnt happened or that logs could be old info despite the dates so its not reliable. (Even if its displaying it live now it could be an old bugged recording being displayed.)

Then there no real proof and it wouldnt make any practical sense to do it. Thats not to say they havnt done this.. Just I havnt seen any evidence of it yet.
VMeh BlogV >Miscellaneous Goals<
Posted Image

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
  • RSN:Sir Kurity
  • RSN2:Estorrath

You probably didn't notice, but Jagex released a new skill about 6 months ago that is nearly impossible to bot and much less of a grind than your average skill. I'd like to see more stuff like this.

In addition, distractions and diversions are all quick tasks to take some time away from simply doing the same skill over and over, and although it may be frustrating running from place to place, it's something different.

True and true, unfortunately this doesn't hold true for the other 20 skills in the game.
O.O

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,467 posts
Dungeoneering relies on all of your other skills to be on the same level as each other, so while botting can't actually do the footwork for you at that point, all the grinding necessary before that which hasn't gone away and probably never will can be attended to by automation.

In a way the demand for it has increased since dungeoneering is basically the "reward" for slaving over a hot chinchompa patch all day, so people feel even more inadequate and are more eager to find shortcuts to the prize.

Jagex really just wants to avoid turning off those who did do the dull stuff fair and square, so this is stopping them from just pitching the whole grind system out in favor of increasing the exp gains of actions performed in dungeoneering.

In the meanwhile we all have to suffer for the ghosts of the past, and really while the situation is unfortunate I find it hard not to point fingers at those who wish to preserve their fleeting superiority by holding everybody else back in the stone age

Although I do have to chuckle a bit at how they are chipping away at the face of the old school bit by bit, even if it will take forever to change people's minds

Dexek
[ Display Name History ]

Dexek

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,534 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Dexek
Provided they still ban alongside this, I'm alright with it.

Posted Image

Poetry
Indexed Picture 1
Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

Posted Image

Fire_Hawk154
[ Display Name History ]

Fire_Hawk154

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Fire Hawk154
  • Clan:TLL, CE, TR, FD
Bots get a perm bann... so why would they change their stats anyway? :mellow:

Fire%20Hawk154.png        Fire_Hawk154.png

green9090
[ Display Name History ]

green9090

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,599 posts

Bots get a perm bann... so why would they change their stats anyway? :mellow:

No they don't. I've known a few people to bot 99 magic and get off with a 3 day ban. It's maddeningly stupid. Even more outrageous is the fact that J mods will outright deny this to our face, even though we know for a FACT that not everyone punished for macroing is perm banned.
Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,591 posts
  • RSN:Curoch
Dw lol it's just a glitch.

Kaur
[ Display Name History ]

Kaur

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • Clan:RSD
Posted Image

Hmm...

Frede173
[ Display Name History ]

Frede173

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 862 posts

Hmm...

"all accounts associated with this have been permanently banned."
Not true. Searching 'reset' on the RSOF returns plenty of threads where the OP hasn't been banned.
IDK whether to trust Poppy or Matt >_>

Shadiochao
[ Display Name History ]

Shadiochao

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • RSN:Shadiochao

Hmm...

Not true. Searching 'reset' on the RSOF returns plenty of threads where the OP hasn't been banned.

Those Jmod posts are almost a month old

Frede173
[ Display Name History ]

Frede173

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 862 posts

Hmm...

Those Jmod posts are almost a month old

Oho. Didn't notice that. =D> Guess they're fake then.

Kaur
[ Display Name History ]

Kaur

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • Clan:RSD

Why choose when they both say the same thing? But if they'd have different opinions, obviously Matt would be the guy who knows more. Poppy is just in the community management.

Edit: your mom is fake.

Edited by Kaur, 28 October 2010 - 12:11 PM.

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,491 posts
  • RSN:Danqazmlp
Maybe they are using it as a second test for macro users? Reset the level by x amount, if the account carries on training it again without stopping or noticing, chances are it is a bot leading to a ban?
Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image
Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users