Celestial surgebox

sumondskull6

I'm still not clear on this, lol...

The CSB is bound in the ammo slot?

The CSB can hold unlimited casts of any surge or wave spell?

The CSB will take 125 of the 'casts' inside of it to your other dungeons?

If so, would it be best to bind 125 AIR surges, so that you can make a staff accordingly for whatever spell you need? (I don't think you ever need anything other than Fire surge, but I could be wrong)

Or would it be best to bind 125 FIRE surges, and make a catalytic staff at the begging of every round?

Sumondskull6.png

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do both of the boxes drop from any of the Forgotten Mages or is it armor type specific to which will drop which?

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

Do both of the boxes drop from any of the Forgotten Mages or is it armor type specific to which will drop which?

I'm also curious, what the hell drops them?

The Forgotten Mages and I think all other types of mages can drop them, but what I want to know, is it type of mage specific *like Spiritbloom armor or Celestial* or do all have a chance to drop both? Cause I want to get the Celestial one as a drop.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

The Forgotten Mages and I think all other types of mages can drop them, but what I want to know, is it type of mage specific *like Spiritbloom armor or Celestial* or do all have a chance to drop both? Cause I want to get the Celestial one as a drop.

I'm SSH hunting atm, so I guess I'll just kill all Forgotten mages, too ;p

Sumondskull6.png

We got one off the level 113 magic, which my team encouraged me to bind to try it out.

For starting floors it is REALLY nice. 125 Surge casts can be charged to it for the start of a round. Thats 125 air surge casts, or 125 fire surge casts with a fire staff.

As for storing runes, we played with it for 3 mintues while waiting for the round to end, and managed to store up to 1k casts in the thing. More than you'd EVER use on a floor.

The only problem is the box counts as a ammo bind AND a item bind. So you cant have arrows with it, or another weapon with a hood, unless your 100+ dung. The box is a must have for any serious mager, but not worth picking up if your planning on hibriding (sub 100 dung).

The only problem is the box counts as a ammo bind AND a item bind. So you cant have arrows with it, or another weapon with a hood, unless your 100+ dung. The box is a must have for any serious mager, but not worth picking up if your planning on hibriding (sub 100 dung).

Damn...was hoping to unbind laws over this :thumbdown:

Does the extra damage work in Daemonheim?

We got one off the level 113 magic, which my team encouraged me to bind to try it out.

For starting floors it is REALLY nice. 125 Surge casts can be charged to it for the start of a round. Thats 125 air surge casts, or 125 fire surge casts with a fire staff.

As for storing runes, we played with it for 3 mintues while waiting for the round to end, and managed to store up to 1k casts in the thing. More than you'd EVER use on a floor.

Well that's depressing to hear. Was actually looking forward to binding it.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

Ok my friend just got a celestial box, and it takes up the rune/arrow spot ONLY. It doesn't count as a weapon, so if you're sub 100 you can have both a staff and a hood.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

It amazes me how well Jagex manages to hide such simple, yet beneficial, updates.

So, is Magic now a potential DPS class next to Melee? Fire Surge can hit 340 with the Celestrial Staff at spear speed, not even including the benefits of the ring bonuses or the Magic Box. From what I've witnessed, Magic hits just as accurately on average monsters, if not more accurately than Melee. And the accuracy boost only increases with additional binds, with each piece the Celestrial Clothing providing more Magic accuracy. The exact DPS would have to be tested, but I'm pretty certain it will be significantly higher.

I WANT ONE !!!

For in Dunge. Heck, might give up my spear for it, if it works well :)

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Got from an Ectomage (level 77)

Holds 7 airs 1 death 1 blood per charge

Runes in box CANNOT be used for anything BUT surge/wave spells (so no venges with the deaths in the box)

the box MUST be held for the runes to count

I DID NOT need to unbind my body/b axe to bind it, but a friend of mine says he cannot bind another item (like a weapon or armor) with it.

If you bind extra runes (over 125 worth), you will keep those binds for the next dungeon, HOWEVER, if you use up enough surges to go UNDER 125 charges, you will still start with 125 next dungeon.

It gives a +7 magic attack bonus. Not great, but if I'm not mistaken is the only shield to give a mage attack bonus in damonhiem (correct me if I'm wrong)

I did not notice any extra damage, but really wasn't paying attention for that sorry :P

sURGEBOXS.png

Lol at shrunken bind

Surgy.jpg

I'm happy.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

-snip-

Surgy.jpg

I'm happy.

So it IS an ammo slot item. That seals the deal, definitely worth having a few team members with these boxes.

Should speed up occults a good deal, because of fire giants, demons, and of course warriors are weak to magic.

Naaxi.png

-snip-

Surgy.jpg

I'm happy.

So it IS an ammo slot item. That seals the deal, definitely worth having a few team members with these boxes.

Should speed up occults a good deal, because of fire giants, demons, and of course warriors are weak to magic.

Might need a couple more tests to be 100% A friend of mine said that he wasn't able to Bind a new Armor/weapon when he had this binded. We'll see what happens I guess when i get a Primal body from Dreadnaut.

I REALLY hope it was intended to only be ammo.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

-snip-

Surgy.jpg

I'm happy.

Might need a couple more tests to be 100% A friend of mine said that he wasn't able to Bind a new Armor/weapon when he had this binded. We'll see what happens I guess when i get a Primal body from Dreadnaut.

I REALLY hope it was intended to only be ammo.

Just so you know, I tried to bind it as ammo and it worked. But if you unbind a non-ammo slot, like your armour or weapon after you have the surgebox, the surgebox will count as both an ammo and armour/weapons slot. You cannot bind a new weapon/armour slot after you get this surgebox.

Just so you know, I tried to bind it as ammo and it worked. But if you unbind a non-ammo slot, like your armour or weapon after you have the surgebox, the surgebox will count as both an ammo and armour/weapons slot. You cannot bind a new weapon/armour slot after you get this surgebox.

I don't see that being a big problem- they are dropped by celestial mages, from whom, even if it's a rare drop(~1/30), you are bound to get one per large dungeon.

I see the surgebox being much better in daemonheim than anywhere else, and the question now becomes- which is best, sagit(p++), laws or the surgebox? Not an easy choice, really.

Also, how much mage attack bonus would you need to not miss too much on forgotten warriors- the surgebox+hood are +13, with sagit body/prim chain it's -2, -17 with prim plate...

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I don't know the answer for random teams, but I guess you'll want something like 3 surgebox 2 arrows in a perm team. C1s are faster with laws, sure, but I think that's compensated for easily.

Also, celestial catalytic + strong mage pot = 1.3*1.75 = 2.275 times damage, or a max over 600 with fire surge, +50% if blazer activates.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I don't know the answer for random teams, but I guess you'll want something like 3 surgebox 2 arrows in a perm team. C1s are faster with laws, sure, but I think that's compensated for easily.

Also, celestial catalytic + strong mage pot = 1.3*1.75 = 2.275 times damage, or a max over 600 with fire surge, +50% if blazer activates.

Magic boosts work differently in daemonheim than they do in normal runescape- it's 1% per level.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Magic boosts work differently in daemonheim than they do in normal runescape- it's 1% per level.

Ah, as it should be. Still a pity, but ok.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted