Celestial surgebox

sumondskull6

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can actually see mages wielding them now for anyone who's interested.

Ooh, that's pretty nice. Now, we just need to wait for them to wield staves...

And this surgebox glitch is rather nasty. I really hope Jagex gets around to fixing this soon, by making it ammo-bind only.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

101103111802.png

Is this for the ones that guarantee drop it or do all mages now have it TBH I never bothered looking at their hands. 2.5M Dg xp, and only seen 2 surgeboxes which other teammates binded.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

101103111802.png

Is this for the ones that guarantee drop it or do all mages now have it TBH I never bothered looking at their hands. 2.5M Dg xp, and only seen 2 surgeboxes which other teammates binded.

From what I can tell, ONLY the mages with boxes are able to drop them, but even the mages with boxes often don't drop them. Similar to how only a prom warrior with a spear can drop a spear, but it still usually doesn't.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Ooh, that's pretty nice. Now, we just need to wait for them to wield staves...

And this surgebox glitch is rather nasty. I really hope Jagex gets around to fixing this soon, by making it ammo-bind only.

I get the feeling Jagex released this after realising one ammo slot for a ranger actually works out as multiple ammo slots needed for a mage due to the necessity for multiple rune types.

If rangers don't have to sacrifice an item slot for arrows, I think it would be harsh to say the least if mages were forced to lose one of their item binds (athough you get a damage bonus every five hits so that logic isn't completely linear)

Let's hope it's a glitch though, for versatility's sake.

Magic boxes in the dungeons don't give an extra "hit damage" every 5 hits, unfortunately.

Though yeah, I think that's the main reason why Jagex decided to implement this within the dungeons (albeit a glitched one, but better than nothing).

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Let's hope it's a glitch though, for versatility's sake.

Well it is defiantly a glitch, but the question is which side is the glitch. Is the box counted as a bound item the glitch, or is being able to bind the box into only the ammo slot the glitch. Only Jagex will decide the answer to that question, and I hope they put it one way or the other fairly soon.

I personally will not be using the 2 bind+box glitch, for fear of how they might fix it. If they chose to make the box ammo only, then I just have to pick up another bind when it's fixed. HOWEVER, if they chose to make it 1 item AND 1 ammo slot, they could randomly destroy the box or a random bind for the people who have 2+box bound. It's not worth it for me to take the risk of possibly losing a hood bind from Jagex deleting it to make room for the box, until they give a firm statement of how the box is supposed to be bound. I don't even want the fix yet really, I just want them to tell us which way is correct.

I'm with Katori on this one, I don't want to get screwed out of a bind due to yet another DG glitch. I'll stick with plate + 2h or hood, should I get one, until JaGex fixes the problem.

But, honestly, knowing JaGex, they wil make it an ammo + reg bind, making it useless to most DGeers.

Sumondskull6.png

My only worry is that Jagex think this would be too 'easy'.

A team with two mages and three melee would far outperform a team of five meleers, because the team is flexible and can adapt better to the challenges faced inside the dungeon. Primal warriors in a gd? No problem with two fire surgers. Big problem for five 2hers. In the interests of keeping xp rates low (and consequentially, tokens), I can see Jagex destroying any real use for this in the dungeoneering meta-game, forcing it as a niche item for dung'ers who use mage purely and couldn't care less about anything else.

A team with two mages and three melee would far outperform a team of five meleers, because the team is flexible and can adapt better to the challenges faced inside the dungeon. Primal warriors in a gd? No problem with two fire surgers. Big problem for five 2hers. In the interests of keeping xp rates low (and consequentially, tokens), I can see Jagex destroying any real use for this in the dungeoneering meta-game, forcing it as a niche item for dung'ers who use mage purely and couldn't care less about anything else.

Isn't that a good thing? Having teams with a variety of styles should be encouraged. Ideally, it should be designed so that the ideal team has a mage, a ranger, a meleer, a keyer, and perhaps a balanced player who can supplement the others. It's far more interesting than four 2h meleers and a keyer.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Totally agreed, and you can tell from the whole "Signature Heroes" thing that's the image Jagex had when they made dungeoneering.

But you know full well that when something is made 'easier', Jagex have always felt a need to do a reversal.

Does CSB count as a shield for tank ring?

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I've heard it does.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I've heard it does.

Which would mean keyers no longer need to use those ugly novite shields :thumbup:. (not that they often did, at least when I was there, but w/e).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I've heard it does.

Which would mean keyers no longer need to use those ugly novite shields :thumbup:. (not that they often did, at least when I was there, but w/e).

Normally use an Anti-Drag shield tbh. Normallty get one as a drop within 2 mins of killing.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

I've heard it does.

Normally use an Anti-Drag shield tbh. Normallty get one as a drop within 2 mins of killing.

What I mean.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Totally agreed, and you can tell from the whole "Signature Heroes" thing that's the image Jagex had when they made dungeoneering.

But you know full well that when something is made 'easier', Jagex have always felt a need to do a reversal.

Good point, I forgot about those guys. Jagex has the right idea then, and I hope that they pursue it, it'll make combat much more balanced and interesting as a result if they take this approach. It's best to remain optimistic, they've clearly recognised the ammo problems that mages have compared to the other styles.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Binding problems with the surgebox are fixed now. It only takes ammo slot now, no matter what.

That's great news. I'm pretty impressed with Jagex. Such a tiny little change that helps a LOT.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Oh noes, magic being useful outside PVP.

Burn it! Burn it now!!!

O.O

This is like Christmas come early, and I didn't even realise!

I've always wanted to mage in Dung, I did for a while, but stopped when it became a nightmare trying to do large dungeons. 125 bloods simply weren't enough and I would have to spend ages at the start making different runes. Then, when they ran out, I'd have to use weaker spells since I don't have the RC level for bloods and unless I'm dunging with friends then I'm unlikely to get any made for me.

I have to get one of these puppies.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

This is like Christmas come early, and I didn't even realise!

I've always wanted to mage in Dung, I did for a while, but stopped when it became a nightmare trying to do large dungeons. 125 bloods simply weren't enough and I would have to spend ages at the start making different runes. Then, when they ran out, I'd have to use weaker spells since I don't have the RC level for bloods and unless I'm dunging with friends then I'm unlikely to get any made for me.

I have to get one of these puppies.

I used to have a celestial staff bound, and it was definitely annoying (not only for me, but for my teammates) to have to stop to make runes. Took forever. :/

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Binding problems with the surgebox are fixed now. It only takes ammo slot now, no matter what.

Yay :thumbsup:

Now it's actually a decent thing for both f2p and p2p.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I used to have a celestial staff bound, and it was definitely annoying (not only for me, but for my teammates) to have to stop to make runes. Took forever. :/

Ya, I'm not sure what bind now, since I basically picked back up +1 from the box fix.

1) I could bind a celestial cat staff, which would give me 30% on air surge at the start dealing 286 damage (basically a free fire surge without fire runes). If I made fire runes and used fire surge it would boost up to 364. But making fire runes is time consuming and the spells use them up very quickly.

2) I could bind a empowered fire staff. Excellent for alching, and the 10% bonus would give me an instant firewaves, hitting 308's at the start of the round. But emp-fire staves are not hard to make as you usually find at least one Entang, Corp, or gravecreeper in the first 3 or so rooms.

3) I could rebind my melee weapon to hybrid melee again and simply use magic on warriors. This would likely be the best option, so i'm not stuck with one combat type again. I really wanted to bind a Primal Long @ 95 anyways, so this would be ideal for me. The only issue is having to make a firestaff every map, which is not too hard, just annoying.

I would likely go with number 3, as it makes me slightly more versatile, but not 100% sure yet. Either way, I am VERY happy with the decision they made on this.