Herblore Habitat - Corrections and Suggestions

I'm reading through the guide right now. The sole spelling error I've seen is in the first paragraph, about the teleport spiritbags:

"There are only a few methods of entering the area, which include: Juju teleport spiritbags which can be bought from Bettamax's Shop or Papa Mombo's Shop for 2,000+ gp..."

Misspelled Papa Mambo :P other than that, nothing else that I saw for spelling, although I'm looking through the rest now. I'll edit/post again if I see anything else.

Great guide, though. I'll also note that I never got a "You have one correct requirement for attracting [god] jadinko", only two and up. But, I've only gotten the three god jadinkos once, so it may have easily just been that I skipped over it.

EDIT: One other (teeny tiny) mistake (and I'm not even sure if it was a mistake, but I thought I should mention it anyway), is there's no period at the end of the paragraph about the god jadinkos - like I said, tiny thing, not even sure if it's an error, but the rest of the paragraphs have either that or a : at the end (can never remember the name), so...

Ah, right at the bottom. All mentions of witchdoctor clothing in the "Additional Rewards" section seems to be spelled "whichdoctor". And Papa Mambo was mispelled again, same section.

Hope I was helpful :)

EDIT (again): Picked up one more tiny error:

"Whichdoctor gears acts as camouflage when hunting jadinkos in the habitat area."

Unsure if it's truly a mistake or not, but it seems like it flows better if there wasn't a 's' at the end of gear. If I'm incorrect, my mistake :P

[Crew edit: Thanks a bunch for these corrections! We appreciate users taking the initiative to help us with the guides. The above corrections have been made to the guide and will be live as soon as the new additions being made to the guide are complete. - Speedyshel :thumbup:]

Edited by Speedyshel
Link_Olaran.png

It looks like Link's corrections were implented, but no form of thanks or credit towards him. First Jagex becomes rude and doesn't care about its players, is TIF following the same path with it's posters?...

[Crew edit: Thanks for your kind feedback. A few of those changes went live, but the full changes along with a few new additions to the guide will only be displayed once those new additions are complete. - Speedyshel]

Ah, right at the bottom. All mentions of witchdoctor clothing in the "Additional Rewards" section seems to be spelled "whichdoctor". And Papa Mambo was mispelled again, same section.

Sorry to double post, but you guys put part of the corrections (witchdoctor spelling fix) but forgot to fix an error not more than 10 words away? (Papa Mombo error) Does Jagex run TIF as well, messing things up, fixing, and still not have the problem corrected?

[Crew edit: Again, we appreciate your constructive feedback. We have made all the changes mentioned above; however, the changes will only be live after the guide's new changes are complete. Thanks again! - Speedyshel :thumbsup:]

For catching god jadinko's, I think the following is true :

The combinations required for each god jad are random, but each has its own color of vine blossom.

These also change every week, but one will have blue, an other will have green, and the third god jad will have red.

So for example all 3 god jads in a given week could require an orange tree, but no god jad has the same color vine blossom as another god jad.

I also believe it is the vine blossom color that triggers the hints.

So for example when zammy jad requires green blossom, hints for zammy jad will only show up with green blossom planted, even if the other requirements for zammy jad are fulfilled.

(Otherwise you could sometimes get hints for two or three god jads at once, which doesn't happen.)

I haven't seen or read anything that disproves these observations, but I could of course be wrong.

Tsjilp.png

Would Tip.it consider adding a section at the end of the Herblore Habitat guide with some low-bankspace approaches that represent less than full-bore immersion in the activity? Tbh, i'm not finding it easy to identify ways to give the Habitat a fair trial before doing some painful surgery on my bank.

Another update: you can only store 3-dose potions with your friendly neighbourhood garden gnome :angry: . So if you dont want to use bankspace .. dont make 4 dose pots out of them

Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.

It looks like Link's corrections were implented, but no form of thanks or credit towards him.

After the guide was released fellow crewbies took a look at it and made changes they noticed themselves. Some of Link's other changes were made shortly after and he was credited. This was a case of, two people noticing errors at the same time :blink:

The combinations required for each god jad are random, but each has its own color of vine blossom.

These also change every week, but one will have blue, an other will have green, and the third god jad will have red.

So for example all 3 god jads in a given week could require an orange tree, but no god jad has the same color vine blossom as another god jad.

I also believe it is the vine blossom color that triggers the hints.

So for example when zammy jad requires green blossom, hints for zammy jad will only show up with green blossom planted, even if the other requirements for zammy jad are fulfilled.

(Otherwise you could sometimes get hints for two or three god jads at once, which doesn't happen.)

I would need proof this is true before adding to the guide.

Would Tip.it consider adding a section at the end of the Herblore Habitat guide with some low-bankspace approaches that represent less than full-bore immersion in the activity? Tbh, i'm not finding it easy to identify ways to give the Habitat a fair trial before doing some painful surgery on my bank.

Although I agree with you, this place eats up my precious bank space! It wouldn't fit with the content in the guide, so I won't be adding a section about saving bank space.

Pungent Vine can be used to make super compost

Another update: you can only store 3-dose potions with your friendly neighbourhood garden gnome :angry: . So if you dont want to use bankspace .. dont make 4 dose pots out of them

I added both of these to guide and credited you, thank you. :)

On the guide it says that you need level 74 to plant the ugune herb, but in game it says that i only need 70 to plant ugune.

I fixed this and credited you, thank you :)

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

Just wanted to add onto my previous corrections I posted before. Reading the guide to unlocking the god jadinkos, it seems that (if I'm reading it correctly) that the vine herb patch is supposed to be part of the requirements? I personally caught all three god jadinkos with my herb patch empty, so I doubt it affects anything, god jadinko wise. Still, having someone else confirm the same thing to be sure would be nice, but just putting it out there.

Also, if you wanted to add in a section about boosting for the requirements, I'd like to throw in the fact that I found that hunter potions didn't work (although this may be a failure on my part, I wasn't able to attract draconic jadinkos under the influence of a hunter potion, and I was at least 81/78 or so at the time), but the Oog'glog (probably spelled wrong :P) hunter pool does work - I used the mud pool to catch the draconic and god jadinkos fairly easily. The salt-water spring would also be helpful for those who are tracking jadinkos as well, if you wanted to take the time to teleport to Mobilizing Armies and run to Oog'glog for it - I found I was running out of run energy fairly often when I was tracking diseased jadinkos for vines, even with spottier cape/boots of lightness on at 75 agility, so... might be helpful.

I don't have any knowledge about boosting for farming and herblore requirements, though - I'm already too high of a level to need them :P

Again, I'm glad to contribute whenever possible :) just hope that it helps someone.

EDIT: Decided to read through the updated guide to scour for more spelling errors :P this is what I've got so far:

"You may also purchase Juju teleport spiritbag from Papa Mambo's Shop. *Once you get the Witchdoctor mask, you will receive unlimited teleports to Herblore Habitat. There is also a cauldron outside of Papa Mambo's tent you can use to fill you watering can and empty Juju vials."

Italicized parts are things that don't look quite right to me - I feel that spiritbag should have an 's' on the end, it would flow better (not sure if this is grammatically correct, though). Also, missing an 'r' at the end of the italicized you.

More coming when my internet stops being a pain -.- assuming there's any more to find, of course.

Edited by LinkOlaran
Link_Olaran.png

• 3 weeks later...