Necromancer Tower (HELP!!!)

Ninos

I got a Clue scroll (hard) and I'm about 3 clues in with "Throat mages seeks companionship. Seek answers inside my furniture if interested". Basically, I have to go into the Necromancer Tower (south of Ardougne, east of the clock tower); go upstairs and search some draws/a box/something. The only problem is, when I try to open the door it says something along the lines of "You first need permission to enter".

Now I've literally searched various RuneScape fansites and forums, and CAN NOT find the answer anywhere. Infact I've only found a similar issue mentioned ONCE anywhere: http://www.runescaperealm.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79638 - Only problem is I've went to the guy in Catherby and tried every combination of talk to him, with no success.

My friend's being a [bleep] and wont tell me how to get it, however he's certain that it isn't a quest I need to do.

So does anyone know how I get permission? I've spammed the G.E. and banks all over RuneScape in various worlds, and no one seems to know.

Someone please help!!!

I cant think of anything.

You cant walk into Morgan Le Fayes keep which is what the guy in cathurby is for.

I don't think you can enter the Tower of Life without permission, which is near the Necromancer's and possibly confused for it; this seems quite likely since you said "Necromancer's Tower" and he doesn't have a tower just a small house on the coast found north and slightly east of the tower of life and directly east of clock tower

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You cant walk into Morgan Le Fayes keep which is what the guy in cathurby is for.

I don't think you can enter the Tower of Life without permission, which is near the Necromancer's and possibly confused for it; this seems quite likely since you said "Necromancer's Tower" and he doesn't have a tower just a small house on the coast found north and slightly east of the tower of life and directly east of clock tower

huh? it is referred to officially necromancer's tower (at least by fan sites anyway) and it is the necromancer's tower I have to go into, not the tower of life. Thanks for the reply though :)

Anyone know?

Actually u can get into Keep Le Faye by hiding in the crate behind the candle shop near catherby bank

'Throat mage seeks companionship. Seek answers inside my furniture if interested.' Search the drawers upstairs in the Necromancer's Tower south of Ardougne.

From the Tip.It TT Guide, im looking now to see if there is any requirements to get into the Necro Tower.

Spikestr1ke.png

ardougne.png K, just to make sure, your talking about that necromancer tower, the one in the bottom right hand side of that image? The one that requires you to go to the guy in catherby is, last time I checked, quest related and NOT related to the clue scroll you have...

EDIT: Just went there. Opened the door, it stays opened. Your obviously going to the wrong place.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

From the Tip.It TT Guide, im looking now to see if there is any requirements to get into the Necro Tower.

Okay, thanks buddy :)

I just went there to investigate it. Clicking the door worked just fine.

Are you sure you're not trying to enter the tower of life?

Hmmm wtf?? Nope, 100% sure I'm not :S Really?? I'll take a screenshot now and add it to this thread, give me a few mins for a quick [bleep] break first though

K, just to make sure, your talking about that necromancer tower, the one in the bottom right hand side of that image? The one that requires you to go to the guy in catherby is, last time I checked, quest related and NOT related to the clue scroll you have...

Yes, I'm talking about the necromancer tower.

The only reason I mentioned the guy in catherby is because it came up on that other site (the link i posted), which was the only problem similar to mine i could find on the web. I guess we can all ignore that now.

Thanks everyone for the help so far, still looking for a definitive answer, but we're getting there :D

Do you have any quests in progress that might hinder your access to the Necro Tower? Off hand I can't think of anything, but if you're absolutely certain you can't get in and you're trying the right tower, that's the only other thing I can think of.

Be sure you're opening your world map, locating the necro tower, and marking the map as to where it is. Then, you just follow the arrow to there to be positive.

hzvjpwS.gif

2z4g35u.jpg

To clarify, you should be in the building I marked. Go upstairs and search the drawers. If you go to w99, I'm right there. If you're coming, please come soon. I'd like to get back to my task.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Necromancer_Tower

Hmm Rune Wiki dont list any requirments either and it let me go in a second ago so im not sure.

I'll check it out once with with Hedgehog, see what happens. I'll add a screenie if it's still playing up.

Do you have any quests in progress that might hinder your access to the Necro Tower? Off hand I can't think of anything, but if you're absolutely certain you can't get in and you're trying the right tower, that's the only other thing I can think of.

Be sure you're opening your world map, locating the necro tower, and marking the map as to where it is. Then, you just follow the arrow to there to be positive.

Only got 2 nooby quests in progress (Clock tower and sheep herder), I can't see them being a problem?

To clarify, you should be in the building I marked. Go upstairs and search the drawers. If you go to w99, I'm right there.

I'm back! I'll login to w99 now, add "ninosink", i'll tele there now :) tyvm! lets see what happens.

Go to the tower with a guy lifting weights and counting out loud.

You can also talk to him and try and mess up his counting, it's pretty funny.

Those are the workers outside of the Tower of Life. He wants to go a little bit further east.

hzvjpwS.gif

Uhm isn't the necromancer tower the tower west of faladar?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Uhm isn't the necromancer tower the tower west of faladar?

your thinking of the dark wizards tower

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue