best mage gear in f2p?

atticusako

Im wondering what is the best f2p mage set up. At the moment im a mage pure (low level) mainly because ive only trained mage. I do intend to train all skills but will be always keeping my magic the highest. From what ive seen gravite staff seems to offer the biggest magic boost as well as extra damage but are elemental staffs better? Not requiring elemental runes seems worth while. what are peoples opinions on combat robes from FOG? Ive never seen anyone wear them but ive seen plenty of people wearing runecrafter robes. And finally tome of frost or anti dragon shield.

Runecrafter robes have more of a magic bonus than normal robes, but FoG robes tend to have the largest bonus, however you need to recharge them. So I'd recommend getting Runecrafter robes, unless you don't mind doing that of course.

http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2item_tools&build

Feel free to experiment with it ^

Tome of frost I'm not too familiar with, but if it has a magic bonus then it'd be better than an anti-dragon shield. Although, you have to recharge it.

j0xPu5R.png

For pking purposes you may want to play with the blastbox it has a crit hit every 5 casts.

For max mage something like full combat, grav staff, tome frost, arcane necklace.

For training via combat spells I would use water bolt, with tome frost air staff, and full runecrafter robes.

Tome of frost I'm not too familiar with, but if it has a magic bonus then it'd be better than an anti-dragon shield. Although, you have to recharge it.

Tome of frost does not have to be recharged.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Tome_of_frost

Cheers!

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Tome of frost does not have to be recharged.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Tome_of_frost

Cheers!

Thanks for the clarification. :razz:

j0xPu5R.png

If you plan on pvp DO NOT USE GRAVITE STAFF OR TOME OF FROST unless you are in a +1 world, then it would be ok to bring gravite staff if you dont have any rune items that alch over it.

Reacquiring a gravite staff and tome of frost would take you 800,000 dungeoneering xp on top of the 800,000 you already obtained to get it the first time. Arcane blast necklace should be fine to bring since it only requires 150,000 exp to reaquire.

This should be your pvp setup.

wearthis.png

RC hat can be replaced with combat hood since it is cheap

Gravite staff can be used in +1 worlds

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

If you plan on pvp DO NOT USE GRAVITE STAFF OR TOME OF FROST unless you are in a +1 world, then it would be ok to bring gravite staff if you dont have any rune items that alch over it.

Reacquiring a gravite staff and tome of frost would take you 800,000 dungeoneering xp on top of the 800,000 you already obtained to get it the first time. Arcane blast necklace should be fine to bring since it only requires 150,000 exp to reaquire.

This should be your pvp setup.

wearthis.png

RC hat can be replaced with combat hood since it is cheap

Gravite staff can be used in +1 worlds

this but change the staff to grav staff, the shield to water tome, and the gloves to gop gloves.

the blast box is 5 less mage att and much better than tome so i would use that over the tome

also wizard mind bomb makes you hit higher if you didnt already know

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

Just so you know, combat/druidic robes have a melee/magic soak which can come in handy in the tightest situations.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Just so you know, combat/druidic robes have a melee/magic soak which can come in handy in the tightest situations.

Only the melee soak will give any benefit, and even then, it's very minimal

The staff from Blood Pact, forgot it's name, gives +1 more mage bonus then the elemental staffs while also providing unlimited air runes.

And don't forget about the Runecrafter gloves if you're really going for max mage.

The magical Blast box could also be considered for it's inventory saving +extra 25% damage hits. I wouldn't risk them in pvp worlds though, but they're great fun at clan wars and the duel arena.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png