New RuneScape trailer

Kaur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdRUcFqL2lQ

I wish RuneScape looked like that :thumbsup:

90370669.png

(Thanks to Lukeh for the pic)

UPDATE!:

Our tools guys recently created a brand new editor for creating cutscenes. Since then, our modellers, animators and video editors have been hard at work creating a brand new trailer for RuneScape. We are very happy with the results, especially given that this is the first time we’ve attempted a project like this before.

Thanks especially to Mod MikeW who created the original storyboard for this (expect a dev blog in the new year with more details). Please note that although this was all shot in our game engine (effects like depth of field are not faked), this trailer is not a teaser for any future content.

To view the new trailer, click here. look above

Mod Joe

RuneScape Art Director

Edited by Kaur

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish this much effort was put into the in-game cut-scenes. Perhaps that sort of quality will exist in the future.

I do wonder if that entire trailer was made with the game engine tho.

iximi.png

I want that dragon

Edit: And that sword

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

"a game that demands to eb taken seiously"

That made me giggle.

They should know that people will expect that dragon and villain to be implemented into the game now.

Also, Weren't those heroes supposed to be adventurers alongside the player? I don't recall seeing them in the game yet.

I want that dragon

Edit: And that sword

I think that's the Corporeal Beast

Also, yay for Signature heroes!

Not the corp because the spikes on the side of the head aren't there and corp is more solid.

Jagex give me undead dragon so I can bury my undragon bones. (undead + dragon = undragon but knowing jagex it would be an ex-ex-dragon)

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

I think Jagex will work on a 3D approach to Runescape sometime in the future, and that looks pretty awesome. When I think how far they've come from devious mud, and the fact they use Java, it still amazes me. The glow on that sword is hypnotising <3:

2vuhgcn.png

What's the point to have a trailer that looks nothing like the game itself ? Few people might be tempted to try the game after they see the trailer but all of them will leave as soon as they see the .. real deal.

I wondered that too, it makes it look like a 'Fable-esque' RPG and usually gaming companies put "not actual gameplay footage" for something like that.

Looks like we can expect undead dragons in the future though, could be interesting.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Kids see this add.

They make an RS-account.

Surprise!

Those weren't ingame graphics.

:rolleyes:

What's the point to have a trailer that looks nothing like the game itself ? Few people might be tempted to try the game after they see the trailer but all of them will leave as soon as they see the .. real deal.

Beat me to it. :^_^:

Why's everyone whining about that not being the ingame graphics? Looks a lot like what we have to me. It's not like that trailer was an HD CGI. The only thing that we don't have is that quest, that cutscene, or any weapons and armor or spells that look like that. And of course we view our characters from above instead of at cinematic friendly angles.

This could very well be a vision of what is to come though. I'd love some quest cutscenes to be rendered like this :thumbup:

L O L

This is ridiculous.

Notice how he chops down that necromancer and not a single drop of blood is shed.

And regarding the graphics... It's just because we're used to see everything from one angle.

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.