Pest Queen Help (20DEF)

S4NDW1CH

So I'm getting the requirements for "The Void Stares Back" and I realized; I won't be able to inflict much damage on the Queen with my Attack/Strength since they are both very low.

I do, however; have 99 Range. So I'd like help on what to do.

My theory is to bring the following

Saradomin Brews and Super Restores with BoB filled with Saradomin Brews and Super Restores.

Korasi Sword in Inventory

Range gear (High magic defense) with a proselyte body (For prayer) And to have around 300 Ruby Bolts (E) and Diamond Bolts (E)

Spec Queen when she is about to do her 500 hit attack.

Always stay one step away from the queen to insure her only hitting me with Mage and thus defeating the purpose of switching prayers.

Also; does trapping defilers still work? And when they are trapped they don't respawn right?

Cheers!

She is strong to mage and ranged.

And if u dont melle her she melees the trio of knights that help you and thus make the fight longer.

Also it is very cumbersome weapon swapping and dealing with the defilers.

you culd give it a shot, ur grave spawns outside and tiffy can tele u right to it; but I dunno how well itll turn out for ya.

Also yes u can trapthe defilers and it will stop them spawning again.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Who figured out that it was strong to Mage/Range; This would be very troublesome as they are my only 99 Combat stats.

What about the Ruby/diamond bolts enchanted?

Ruby = 20% Opponents health remaining in exchange for 10% of yours

Diamond = Bypass Ranged defense.

Switching between Range and Korasi is not a problem for me.

Anyways thanks for the reply; Looking for more help.

Don't the rangers eventually kill them?

Took me 4 tries to kill the queen using melee (maxed)

Also isn't Rubys spec the 20%/10% not Emerald?

I would use Ruby E for the first part of the fight and then switch to Diamond E

bGmskuB.gif

Rangers attack the spinners so as to stop the queen being healed; It is your job, as far as I know, to kill or trap the defilers so they don't kill your Archers/Rangers :)

And yes it was Rubies. I'm not sure what made me write "Emeralds" there :|

Rangers attack the spinners so as to stop the queen being healed; It is your job, as far as I know, to kill or trap the defilers so they don't kill your Archers/Rangers :)

And yes it was Rubies. I'm not sure what made me write "Emeralds" there :|

Oh right, I got them mixed up.

If you have money go try a test run at pest queen.

Also, I remember the Defilers getting killed by something (Either the Knights or the rangers after killing the spinners) but they did spawn twice for me.

bGmskuB.gif

Sadly I still don't have the construction requirement :|

But when I do I'll finish the "A Void Dance" quest and then the "A Void Stares Back" will be next on my mind.

I just need someones opinion on range; as I've seen someone do it on Youtube.

She is strong to mage and ranged.

And if u dont melle her she melees the trio of knights that help you and thus make the fight longer.

Also it is very cumbersome weapon swapping and dealing with the defilers.

you culd give it a shot, ur grave spawns outside and tiffy can tele u right to it; but I dunno how well itll turn out for ya.

Also just saying; The pest queen's main target is you as far as I know.

If you step back and range her she'll use her Mage attack and if you have a decent Mage defense bonus + Pray mage it should be easier right?

Looking for more opinions

Also here is the video of the pure doing it with Range: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DT6yMx-TAc

You do realize that 78 Attack and Strength are quest requirements right? So by the time you get to the Pest Queen, if you do, melee is good enough option.l

I realize that; But what would do more damage? Range at 99 or strength at 78 that's what I'm talking about :)

You do realize that 78 Attack and Strength are quest requirements right? So by the time you get to the Pest Queen, if you do, melee is good enough option.l

I realize that; But what would do more damage? Range at 99 or strength at 78 that's what I'm talking about :)

melee because the pest queen is weakest to melee and the lack of weapon swapping means u get a few extra attacks in thus also increasing overall dps

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Is range really that weak on her making me give up 99 range to try to bring her down with a Korasi sword at 78 Strength :S?

I'd rather switch and stand away and let her mage me.

I need someone else opinion on this.

You can give it a trial run; but she is significantly weaker to melee. Not impossible to do with ranged, but I don;t think the difference from 78 strength + attack to 99 range is big enough to make rnage give you more dps.

They do give you a special sword to attack her with for a reason; if you look through old threads and such you'll see maxed players trying to fight with range or other melee weapons who had issues but beat her fine with jsut korsari's sword in the end.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

But I've also seen some people complain about Korasi's DPS; And take a chaotic rapier/Whip with them instead.

And the people who were complaining had 90+ Strength.

So I don't feel like dying 10+ Times to finally get that Sword :).

I still want at least 2-3 opinions on range.

As I said waayy up in my first post your grave spawns right outside the battle area and tiffy in falador park can teleport you straight to it, so theres no harm in doing a trial run with rnage. You might kill it, you might find it aweful but even if u do its only 1 run and if u die the grave is right there no lose.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

1st try I used Whip/korasi barely got her health down.

2nd try the same but different inven and same result

3rd try i d/ced

4th try I used Korasi the whole time and won with 13 Rocktails left

I'm maxed melee, no pots or turm & black dh.

bGmskuB.gif

As I said waayy up in my first post your grave spawns right outside the battle area and tiffy in falador park can teleport you straight to it, so theres no harm in doing a trial run with rnage. You might kill it, you might find it aweful but even if u do its only 1 run and if u die the grave is right there no lose.

I don't have the requirements yet so I can't do a trial run.

That's why I'm asking for another person's opinion.

Get reqs first, they are nice anyway. And FYI i will be meleeing her with my crappy stats, i can't imagine it'd go so bad for you either. And yes, use the "ambush" spec.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

I did the quest with 78 attack, strength and 75 defence as well as 99 range and magic. I used Korasi's sword and had no trouble at all defeating the queen. I used a full inventory of rocktail and a full tort of rocktail but didn't even use all the rocktail in my inventory before I killed the queen. The fight wasn't difficult at all, you just have to last a while which may be a problem at your defence level. I used barrows armor and it made the fight very easy.

I did the quest with 78 attack, strength and 75 defence as well as 99 range and magic. I used Korasi's sword and had no trouble at all defeating the queen. I used a full inventory of rocktail and a full tort of rocktail but didn't even use all the rocktail in my inventory before I killed the queen. The fight wasn't difficult at all, you just have to last a while which may be a problem at your defence level. I used barrows armor and it made the fight very easy.

That's the problem; I'm 20 Defense. My last two requirements are 70 Construction and 57 Summoning then I can do the quests. I also need to finish up "A Void Dance"

Hasn't anyone tried ranging her O_O

Get reqs first, they are nice anyway. And FYI i will be meleeing her with my crappy stats, i can't imagine it'd go so bad for you either. And yes, use the "ambush" spec.

Nearly done with Requirements can anyone post a picture of my Inventory? With terror bird inventory?

And I'll try Melee first I guess (H)