Road to 99 slayer

asd143fgh

Hello, after being too lazy to train anything else on the game i thought i'd get 99 slayer. Love the cape, it's just awesome.

I'm currently 85 (292k to 86) and i want to ask some slayer masters here, do you remember or could you advice me on how long it would take from my level? I play 6 hours a day (not straight :P) always got super pots, bunyips, etc.. with me to fasten up the tasks. Let me know if i missed anything.

My attack, strength, def and hp are 99. Prayer is 81 so i think that should be good for slaying.

Would 3 months do at that rate? 4? 5? 6? a whole year? :(

Just for reference, what tasks are you doing and skipping?

I might be way off here but I was 85 in April and I achieved 99 in October with perhaps 2/3 month break in between so perhaps 3 months? Similiar stats and items but I played longer than 6 hours a day >_<

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

The only annoying tasks for me right now are Abberant spectres, waterfiends, and jungle strykworks. Those are the only ones i skip for now.

Those are all good tasks though, and Ab specs give some of the fastest slay xp possible.

I can't say I have 99 slay, but in my experience, levelling slayer relies on 2 concepts: 1) cannoning effectively and as often as possible, 2) canceling/blocking correctly.

You want to block the 5 slowest tasks, except maybe miths which some people will argue are short enough anyway, so the fast points make up for the slow xp, allowing you more cancels. If using Kuradal (which you have no reason not to), you would want to block a slow*er* task, like perhaps waterfiends, if you have the points to. If not, just do them, as they give average xp and good rewards.

As a 99 slayer I have one or two tips for you -

• Use prayers.
  • Use a cannon wherever possible.
  • Invest in extremes if you can.

I personally turmoil'ed all my tasks, using soul split to heal. I'd normally fill most of my inventory with prayer potions and then stick on berserker + turmoil and i'd be off.

If you can't use turmoil then even using the highest strength and attack prayers on the normal prayerbook would still help.

Makes a HUGE difference.

Phyrefight.png

albal1234.jpg

I see people asking how many months levelling up would take all the time.

No one can answer these, only you can.

It all depends have efficiantly you are playing, and how many hours a day. All you need to know is the average xp/h and how many hours per day you play.

As Zaaps said, don't block Aberrant Specters, as even when cannoning them, they usually produce a profit. Great xp, too.

If you are not 99 summoning, don't block waterfiends either.

Margus.png

It's just waterfiends are always 150-200 and that's too much, i can't really afford the prayer for so much kills.

Same goes for abberant spectres, but thanks for the cannon idea guys, come to think of it it really does make stuff faster.

It's just waterfiends are always 150-200 and that's too much, i can't really afford the prayer for so much kills.

Same goes for abberant spectres, but thanks for the cannon idea guys, come to think of it it really does make stuff faster.

Waterfiends profit, though, so cost isn't too big of an issue there.

Waterfiends profit, though, so cost isn't too big of an issue there.

They're also not too slow...but I use a maul. On that note, if you're planning on training dungeoneering at any point you might want to do it early on in your slayer plans and get a rapier/ls to speed it up considerably

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png

Try something like this: get an average for a week or so of slaying and see what you come up with.Now bump that up with turmoil/canooning certain tasks(if you are reluctant to using a cannon only do it for monsters like blue dragons/spectres/irons/steels).See how much that bumps the average by then it'll be easy to calculate.

[hide]

The base slayer gear is as follows (alternatives in brackets):

• [For all slayer monsters except those mentioned under other weapons] Chaotic rapier (whip)
  • Bandos body + legs (Verac's skirt with either fighter torso or proselyte top)
  • [Depending on prayer/accuracy needs] Fire cape/Soul Wars cape/Ardougne cloak 3
  • Barrows gloves (your best rfd gloves, at least rune)
  • Dragon boots (rune boots)
  • Amulet of fury (glory)
  • Dragon defender (rune defender)
  • Berserker ring (i)/ferocious ring if slaying in Kuradal's Dungeon (berserker ring, warrior ring)
  • [Most important] Full slayer helmet.
  • [For magic defence on waterfiends/aquanites] Karil's top and elite void skirt (black dragonhide body and chaps)
  • [Crush attacks to use on waterfiends] Chaotic maul (Saradomin sword, Zamorakian spear)
  • [stab attacks for higher-levelled dragons, when not using rapier] Korasi's sword (Zamorakian spear, leaf-bladed sword)
  • Task-specific items such as mirror shields, antifire shields/potions, elemental shields, rock hammers, crystal chimes
  • Cannon (optional, up to personal preference)

Slayer setups generally emphasise strength bonus, which increases the average damage of each succesful hit (slayer monsters usually having rather low defence, hitting is not a problem). Secondly, prayer bonus is important to keep the cost of prayer potions down (as you slay with piety on, to increase the speed of your kills. This is cost-effective and highly recommended). As a rule of thumb, +15 prayer bonus or above is good, but don't overdo it (anything above +25 is a waste). Defence and accuracy bonus are usually not fretted over (any defence bonus over 200 will do; if you get hit too often you should be using a protection prayer). Dagganoth, black demon, lesser demon, hellhound, bloodveld and spectre tasks should be cannoned, as it dramatically increases xp rates (although it costs a bit).

Some notes on gear: You'll want a fury and a berserker ring before you get bandos plate, and get that before tassets. You'll want accuracy bonus on higher-levelled dragons; if using stab attacks (which you should) you can use the Ardougne cloak 3 which provides you with +6 stab and +6 prayer bonus. Torso + sw cape and fire cape + proselyte are common cheap top/cape combinations; the former is better.

Some levels to get for slayer (in approximate order but I'm not sure on the summoning):

• 68 summoning - bunyip
  • 81 dungeoneering (you need 2 million xp, which takes you to level 80, but allowing some tokens for the scroll of life) - rapier
  • 89 herblore (85 with a +4 stew boost) - extreme potions, superantifires
  • 95 prayer - turmoil and soul split
  • 88 summoning - unicorn
  • 96 herblore (91 with a +5 stew boost) - overload
  • 99 summoning - steel titan

I'm sure I missed something but this is most of it.

[/hide]

Check Vex' guide for example tasks to skip/block here.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

piety / turmoil

cannon

for fast xp

everytime you can use do it

waterfiends = alot of chrimson charms it sliek 70% chance of chrim drop

ab specs very fast slay xp with cannon

and i would say more than 3 its taken me from november playing about the same a day from 93

(i use cr piety cannon etc)

will be 99 slayer later today hopefuly

tenebri.png

Thanks for the suggestions so far people, really appreciate it.

Should i skip tasks such as iron, steel, and black dragons? Since i don't have rapier and such i use a leaf-bladed sword and it doesn't do such a good job.

Thanks for the suggestions so far people, really appreciate it.

Should i skip tasks such as iron, steel, and black dragons? Since i don't have rapier and such i use a leaf-bladed sword and it doesn't do such a good job.

No either use Korsai or ZS.

Anyways here's my two cents:

I'm currently going for 99 slayer too (Currently 760k or so from 95) and in about 6 hours play time I can average 100K slayer exp +. If you can average that then just divide the amount of exp you want by the 100k. For me I have 5M slayer exp to go til I hit 99, therefore it'll take me roughly 50 days of laid back, 100K a day slayer.

Cannon everything you can.

Piety/Turmoil anything you can.

Use extremes whenever you can if you don't have them, get them.

Going from 92-93 I invested 7M into cannonballs and prayer potions (I cannon everything and anything, even single combat stuff if I can... If I can't then I'll piety it) and I made back 22M. So don't worry about the cost of things.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

100k in 6 hours is a pretty low average by the way, the time includes (that I know of) also daily assists, pengs, circus perhaps some shop/farm runs etc. (not sure what Ezkaton does). Vex got an average of 37k/hr over about 3.6m xp doing only slayer.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I don't really rush slayer, it seems more fun to just do a few tasks when you get bored. I sometimes get hooked to it and do it for a week then go back to casually slaying. I still cannon, use overloads, and turmoil on all tasks possible. The thought of doing slayer for 6+ hours strait irks me though.

I suggest getting Rapier, enough gp for a stash of 10k+ cannonballs, extremes, and piety/turmoil with a nice stock of prayer potions before you get serious about slaying.

Low_C.png

I decided to become a slayer because 99 seemed to be an impossible goal.

Unfortunately I reached this goal after a few years. Slayer was introduced in 2005. And that is when I started.

It actually took me 5 years

In hindsight I am a bit regretful about rushing slayer at some times.

That said. I never used piety to go through tasks. Just flashed. I did it all very old school. Only started using a cannon past level 95.

And actually regret using a cannon.

Take your time. Do it your way. Once you get 99 it is over.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

I decided to become a slayer because 99 seemed to be an impossible goal.

Unfortunately I reached this goal after a few years. Slayer was introduced in 2005. And that is when I started.

It actually took me 5 years

In hindsight I am a bit regretful about rushing slayer at some times.

That said. I never used piety to go through tasks. Just flashed. I did it all very old school. Only started using a cannon past level 95.

And actually regret using a cannon.

Take your time. Do it your way. Once you get 99 it is over.

Still 187m to go. D:

OT: I'd just do pretty much what LowC said, stock up on pots, cballs etc and just blast your way through it.

However, you can just slay without cannon and piety/turm to make good money.

You can always make your money first, then with the profit buy cballs and ppots to gain better exp.

It's all about personal preference at the end of the day though.

Exp/efficieny or more profit and just casually doing. ;)

You play 6 hours a day? :blink: Don't you think that's a bit excessive?

Anyway at 6 hours/day I don't think you'll have trouble meeting your goals.

2480+ total

Depends on how dedicated you are.

It took me 4 years to go from 85 to 99.

Of course if I wanted to now then I could probably get another 13mil xp in 3-4 months. (cannon not required)

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

100k in 6 hours is a pretty low average by the way, the time includes (that I know of) also daily assists, pengs, circus perhaps some shop/farm runs etc. (not sure what Ezkaton does). Vex got an average of 37k/hr over about 3.6m xp doing only slayer.

I assume Vex did his whole "optimal block/cancel" thing that he does? I personally go for any task I can and if I can't be bothered then I'll just cancel it. I cannon everything and what I can't cannon I piety. So therefore it is probably Vex's cancelling that gets him better exp.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

Vex uses turmoil and usually overload and does about 12 tasks, yes :P. Also, using piety while cannoning is best.

Vex uses turmoil and usually overload and does about 12 tasks, yes :P. Also, using piety while cannoning is best.

Hehe well I can't afford that :P I'm still a nub haha! I can get 200K odd in a day really with on and off slaying. :P

However I don't have:

A. Overloads - and tbh people do say anything more than an extreme is overkill.

B. Turmoil - Saving for it though! :3

C. The money to piety AND cannon.

Tbh 2 of those things seem to be a major waste of resources and money :P

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png