Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Black screen on firefox

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Lose No Hope
[ Display Name History ]

Lose No Hope

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,863 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Lose No Hope
  • Clan:DGS
I've been hearing that others have had the same problem as me. I get a black screen a few times a day when I play Runescape on Firefox. It isn't the whole screen, just where java runs. Is there any java upgrade I've not received that will prevent this from happening?

Quenya
[ Display Name History ]

Quenya

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • RSN:Quenya
Some simple questions: have you tried to re-install FireFox? Have you tried updating Java? http://www.java.com download latest version & install, then restart your computer.

Try playing it on Google Chrome or Internet Explorer and tell me if you can.

If all else fails follow Runescapes advice; http://www.runescape...?article_id=745

Thanks,

Quenya

Lose No Hope
[ Display Name History ]

Lose No Hope

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,863 posts
My java was/is up to date and I just reinstalled firefox. Hopefully that will fix it up. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks for the help

Quenya
[ Display Name History ]

Quenya

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 42 posts

My java was/is up to date and I just reinstalled firefox. Hopefully that will fix it up. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks for the help

Please let me know how you get on.

But do everything I posted before replying ;)

Thanks,

Quenya

LitterBug
[ Display Name History ]

LitterBug

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,428 posts
  • RSN:LitterBug01

Thanks for the help

Thanks,

Quenya

Lol do everything you say before replying?
It's not a everyday thing - it's a sporadic glitch (for lack of a better word). Some days, I won't get it at all and some days I'll get it like 15 times.
I've looked around and it's supposedly a problem with a lot of the browsers.
There isn't much you can do - I updated java, reinstalled firefox & chrome and have the latest edition for both. Jagex has acknowledged it at one point and said they were taking some steps to solving it - although, they did say it was a java error and it was going to be hard to get around.

What I have noticed though - (this isn't any real concrete evidence but just my experience) is that google chrome gets this error a lot less then firefox.
However, on google - the box turns white instead of black.
Posted Image

Quenya
[ Display Name History ]

Quenya

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 42 posts
Have you tried using Safari or Opera? Worth a try. Reason I said about trying it all before he replies is because I don't want to mention the same thing I've already mentioned. I'm sure a solution is out there. I'll take a look when I get home and PM you and information.

Thanks,

Quenya

Lose No Hope
[ Display Name History ]

Lose No Hope

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,863 posts

Thanks for the help

Thanks,

Quenya

I completely forgot to mention that this problem only happens to me on Firefox. When I'm on Explorer, this never happens.

Quenya
[ Display Name History ]

Quenya

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 42 posts
Consdering you've tried everything.. Go to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ and report the issue.. File a bug. The only thing I can think that it's some kind of issue between Java & Firefox maybe.

Hope this helps..

Thanks,

Quenya

Thanks for the help

Thanks,

Quenya

I completely forgot to mention that this problem only happens to me on Firefox. When I'm on Explorer, this never happens.

D. V. Devnull
[ Display Name History ]

D. V. Devnull

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,058 posts
  • Location:Slinking in shadow, finding site/forum bugs to kill...
  • RuneScape Status:None
Question for you, since you didn't already tell us: What's your Windows Version? :blink:

~D. V. "Damnit, somebody had to ask!" Devnull
Posted Image and normally with a cool mind.
(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

PlzPuddngPlz
[ Display Name History ]

PlzPuddngPlz

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • RSN:PlzPuddngPlz
I've had the same problem with chrome, on windows 7 hp 64-bit, but I've heard about the problem from others ingame too, so I think it's more likely to be a bug, in which case there's not much you can do.
If anyone does know the solution to this problem, I'd like it too. I've been playing on IE for a day or two.

tl;dr
problem is widespread, affects firefox and chrome
I have windows 7 64-bit home premium
updating java doesn't help
*shudder* IE works
Posted Image
Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.
Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

Guy
[ Display Name History ]

Guy

The Guy

• Members
  • 2,238 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Guy The Best
Hmm maybe try the RS Client? If your computer is not amazing it works a lot nicer I have found - especially with regards to Java.

RIP TET

Posted Image

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users