Using Virtus in Place of Torva and Pernix

TheAncient

Nex items are the next step to strengthening your combat abilities. Unfortunately, they're also really expensive. Torva and Pernix are much more expensive than virtus, with Torva Helm 3x the price of Virtus Mask, Pernix Top 2x the price of Virtus body, and Torva Legs 5x the price of Virtus legs.

This price differential brings up an interesting idea. At what point do you decide the LP boost from Virtus is more useful than the loss in other stats? What scenarios would Virtus be useful (mainly Corp)?

Moreover, how do you feel about armor flashing? i.e. putting on virtus piece, drinking brew, and going back to whatever other armor

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Now that I look at its stats I see that virtus skirt offers more melee def than karils but a bit less mage. It seems like an affordable option to me at around only 200m.

Changing out of any of the life-boosting armour will return your LP to its normal maximum.

What are the prices of Virtus now, anyway?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Virtus helm: 150m

Virtus legs: 180m

Virtus top: 500m

Pernix cowl: 250m

Pernix top: 1.2b

Pernix chaps: 650m

Torva helm: 500m

Torva platebody: 1.2b

Torva platelegs: 1.2b

Zaryte bow: 300m

for those who are wondering (unsurprising to me that out of 20 seen nex drops 11 of them are virtus)

for those who are wondering (unsurprising to me that out of 20 seen nex drops 11 of them are virtus)

I'm looking for some pernis chaps, got any for me? I'll pay you cold hard cash

Pernis.

Heh. Heh.

:cool:

And so, Mazzz, it seems to me that based on that data, Jagex wasn't lying when they said they made Z bow and Virtus more common than the other items.

td2sig.jpg

Pernis.

Heh. Heh.

:cool:

And so, Mazzz, it seems to me that based on that data, Jagex wasn't lying when they said they made Z bow and Virtus more common than the other items.

No.

Maz just has horrible luck.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Tbh, I'd rather have Virtus anyways lol.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Virtus actually looks really quite ugly.

Still, I'd never say no to boosted healing and total LP.

It's also been shown twice that Mazzz has terrible, terrible damage luck.

So, Virtus is finally starting to actually look affordable enough to have the effect that Jagex intended. Wonder if/when Pernix and Torva will follow suit.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

For straight up replacement, I can't think of a single place besides corp and MAYBE Nex. At Bandos you lose a LOT of ranged defense (virtus pieces have 0 ranged defense) and some mage defense, Sara and Zammy need very high melee defense, Arma needs ranged attack, it's unnecessary at TDs... And it seems like other armor would be superior at Nex, but maybe like switching to virtus instead of Bandos for meleeing? I dunno.

Another place I'm unsure of is DKs, I'm not very familiar with them. Maybe could be worth bringing a piece?

Doesn't seem too useful outside of corp and PvP, overall.

For armor flashing with it, what actually happens with switching armor? Say I'm 500/990 lp and I put on a virtus top, what does my lp change to? 700/1190? 500/1190? Say I'm at 900/1190 and take off the top, does that go to 900/990 or 700/990? Say I'm at 1300/1190, does that become 990/990 or do I keep a partial boost?

Without knowing the actual mechanics of the armor it's hard to speculate about uses. I still feel pretty ignorant about what an lp boost entails.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Used and have them all over 2 accounts. For my needs, Virtus is the best as I love nothing more then to barrage and crash Soul Wars clans. I can turn on auto-retaliate, equip my Divine or Elysian (I find Elysian is better for Soul Wars), turn on Soul Split, and just watch the entire game without dieing. Lol.

All depends on the player's needs. :).

green9090,

When wearing the armor, if you brewed past 1600, as soon as you unequip them you drop back down to 990. You don't even keep the brewed up LP.

When you equip them, your health slowly rises to the new max, depending on the pieces worn. Spawning (At Soul Wars for example) with them on will automatically give you the max LP.

If you had 500 and equipped the armor, nothing would happen. Your health would continue to rise as it usually does from 500 and eventually rise past 990 (Or if you ate).

09144a99bb.png

My understanding is that when you put the armour piece on nothing happens right away, but then your lp will suddenly start to restore like it would when you're hurt up to the nex max.

So, essentially nothing happens when you put it on. I think when you take it off you immediately lose any hp over your regular max.

The only boost for switching it on and off would be the extra hp from brews, I believe.

The only boost for switching it on and off would be the extra hp from brews, I believe.

If you were like 300 and put the armor on to heal using a brew / unicorn then that'd make sense. But brewing past 990, when removing the armor, brings it back to 990, regardless of brews.

09144a99bb.png

Used and have them all over 2 accounts. For my needs, Virtus is the best as I love nothing more then to barrage and crash Soul Wars clans. I can turn on auto-retaliate, equip my Divine or Elysian (I find Elysian is better for Soul Wars), turn on Soul Split, and just watch the entire game without dieing. Lol.

green9090,

When wearing the armor, if you brewed past 1600, as soon as you unequip them you drop back down to 990. You don't even keep the brewed up LP.

When you equip them, your health slowly rises to the new max, depending on the pieces worn. Spawning (At Soul Wars for example) with them on will automatically give you the max LP.

If you had 500 and equipped the armor, nothing would happen. Your health would continue to rise as it usually does from 500 and eventually rise past 990 (Or if you ate).

What if you had 99HP you and you were wearing the torva plate and had max HP, so that you would have 1190LP. If you were to unequip it, you would drop imediately back down to 990LP, but what if you didn't take it off and just equipped a pernix body? This also gives +200LP so would you stay at 1190LP? or would you drop to 990LP and then the stat restore would take over and you would rise slowly back to 1190LP?

This would be important to know if the sets ever become cheap enough to hybrid something with.

Nah it's just bad luck. In my own 6 drops, for some different data, I've had no Virtus and none of the three most expensive items. If you look at the numbers, "junk" drops worth less than 300m make up 40% of Nex's unique items, though the GE prices of all the items are fairly similar. So that creates some tension in LS situations (ie miss torva pieces to get LSP, get Virtus drop, next LSed drop is Torva/Pernix).

Jagex never said they made Virtus/Zbow more common, it was just a badly worded newspost.

In terms of the pricing of the items, it's slanted because Zaryte Bow and Virtus pieces are much less useful than the other Nex drops.

2496 Completionist

• 1 month later...

green9090,

What if you had 99HP you and you were wearing the torva plate and had max HP, so that you would have 1190LP. If you were to unequip it, you would drop imediately back down to 990LP, but what if you didn't take it off and just equipped a pernix body? This also gives +200LP so would you stay at 1190LP? or would you drop to 990LP and then the stat restore would take over and you would rise slowly back to 1190LP?

This would be important to know if the sets ever become cheap enough to hybrid something with.

Still curious about this.