Two Chilling Graphs to Look at.

pal2002

graph1.png

You will notice how bot site rivals tip.it since its intro, and even exceeds runescape as a search term during the wildy reintro.. Also notice how RS itself got no boom at all from wildy/reintro, but bot sites got such a huge boost.

graph2.png

This serves as a counter as a 'bots are always there' argument. Yes, some bots and autoers were always there, but NEVER this prevalent, sophisticated, and popular.

And...if you didn't believe RS was dying before, do you believe now?... RS now commands the same search volume as it did in 2004....

Clarification: when you put a URL into google trends, you're shown web traffic instead of a search term. ie. how many click through to runescape.com via the google link.

May post more such graphs from Alexa and other places.

EDIT:So here's the same graph via Alexa. Note that here it is actual traffic rank as determined by alexa bots (lol...) And so I lied. Actually THREE graphs now.

graph3.png

DOOOM~~. :-(

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

so this proves that more people who frequent botting communities are too [developmentally delayed]ed to remember their URL and/or know how to type URLs into their browsers than those who use tip.it or play runescape

right?

basically yes.

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

This does show that there are probably new audiences that wants to seek out new botting sites. As for RS dying from lower searches, it means RS isn't growing, not that its dying. People can blame Iddson as much as you want, but one thing that guy got right was that he got the marketing aspect of RS down and was able to generate huge buzz + profits for Jagex that MMG has not yet been able to achieve.

120dgl.jpg

Right yes it might out do it as a "search" term through google but Runescape has it's own client and people can just go to the website direct through the URL, those graphs mean nothing to how many people bot and just because people go on the website doesn't actually mean they bot, half of them probably won't even trust it.

Basically -- all it shows that is that people are "searching" bot sites.

Hell -- there's enough chatter on here and in game to make ANYONE curious enough to go looking for a site at one time or another ...

:rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

this isn't surprising, people need to actually type in bot sites in google to actually find the site the first time.

As for runescape...forget google, simply typing Runescape in your URL bar takes you right there.

When people look for RS help sites, they don't search for "tipit", they'll search for Runescape help/fan site, which is why tip.it doesn't have a high search amount.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

so this proves that more people who frequent botting communities are too [developmentally delayed]ed to remember their URL and/or know how to type URLs into their browsers than those who use tip.it or play runescape

right?

No...google trends graph general WEB TRAFFIC instead of a specific search term when you put in a URL. ie. how many people clicked through runescape.com via a google result.

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

I used the Google Search Index for a few Statistics projects now, and while it CAN be used to draw a correlation between some things, this is not one of them.

right?

No...google trends graph general WEB TRAFFIC instead of a specific search term when you put in a URL. ie. how many people clicked through runescape.com via a google result.

exactly - they want to go to [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation] and type in google "[Caution: Jagex Rule Violation]", then click on the [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation] website. that's EXACTLY what i was saying

btw what jagex rule says i can't say the botting website on tip.it?

right?

exactly - they want to go to [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation] and type in google "[Caution: Jagex Rule Violation]", then click on the [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation] website. that's EXACTLY what i was saying

btw what jagex rule says i can't say the botting website on tip.it?

My guess would be because, if you wanted to, you could post it everywhere and spread it's popularity via TIF, promoting the traffic to the website and thus promoting use of the website. If the website is a botting site, you'd then be promoting botting, and promoting rule-breaking is against the rules.

Not saying you did, but saying someone could, if they desired.

lol [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation]....

Oh I'm not really drawing any conclusions. Just fun to stare at. And predict DOOM.

Added Alexa graph. Most significant thing there would prob be the drop in rs traffic after wildy/FT

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

How many times have you clicked on runescape.com after a hit on google?

My experience: never

Whenever I want to look up a question or a reference for runescape - it usually directs me to rs.wiki/tip.it/salmoneus

This doesn't mean runescape is declining - however, by the increasing amount of people doing things that I used to do alone makes me believe that RS is actually getting more popular.

capt%20kevin.png

Never did prove much. I havnt typed runescape into google for years and even if I have its very very very rare.

However I know for a fact that if I did bot I would probably be too lazy to put it into favs and then use google to get to it. I would be going alot less to that site than runescape itself, thats why.

Though I agree with it I just dont think this classes as hard evidence. Just supporting evidence. Mainly there is also alot more people likely to search for bots too because there likely to be more people looking for them continuously rather than looking for the site that they want the bots for.

Plus - I have tipit Forums on my favs list because I use it frequently. However if I want a guide I go to google and put in 'tipit' (actually its usually wiki but tipit is my 2nd choice if not one of the other fan sites.) because I very ever rarely go to that part of the site. I dont want my favs list spammed up with useless links thats I rarely ever go to. Diverting through the forums would take me longer than using google. So point is everyone is different and I personally only fav links that I use frequently and use a search engine for other lesser stuff.

ofc the harder 'evidence' would be traffic (although I'm not proving anythng other than foretelling DOOM) ...which is why I added the Alexa thingy. Unfortunately, I'd have to pay Alexa for them to show me more data over longer time

The point is, google trends is, well, a good predictor of trends and generally how popular something is. You could try doing one for different MMO's and find which ones have been rising, and declining.

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Who searches runescape to play runescape?

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

idk why everyone is getting caught up on the google thing....it's a predictor of trend only. BTW if anyone has Alexa premium and have access to data of all years please share.

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Your Alexa graph is that of the pagerank. It's comparing the traffic of RS to other sites on the internet. While it's possible that RS' popularity is decreasing, another logical conclusion that can be drawn from this graph is that other sites are simply increasing. (and based on the side-fluctuations, i'd say three months [or a month, if you're comparing after free trade] isn't enough data to get a real feel for the current trend. At this point, it's entirely possible that we're simply at a downward fluctuation, It's entirely natural that the traffic will fluctuate down after a large spike). Regardless, I just think it would probably be more accurate to use the pageviews rather than the rankings.