Are these items worth buying?

Raiouken

Raiouken.png

I have around 20m. I was wondering if it'd really help with my daily activites of Barrows, Slayer (with range) and range training to buy the following items:

1) Amulet of fury: is it really that good? Glory has teleports..

2) Amulet of ranging: +5 range attack bonus over Glory.

3) Archers' ring: Is +4 really that much?

4) Seers' ring: Same thing as above.

5) Infinity boots: 1m for a 2 more magic attack and defence bonus?

Thank you for your help.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are simply ranging everything, I'd say get that ranging amulet and use fsh/void, kxbow, armadyl/void, barrows gloves, archer's ring, ranger's boots, soul wars cape. With just the cape you got +12 prayer, with void you got +20, with armadyl +14, all of which are plenty. The +5 range attack is more valueable.

A fury is still better for boss hunting of course, the +15 defence stats definitely help.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

furies for aesthetics in my books. im not meleeing at the moment though :rolleyes:

+12 in all defences, +3 in strength and +2 in prayer over a glory. If your buying it for looks your doing something wrong.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

1. Yes (str, prayer and def bonus)

2. No

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. Yes

You have to remember that when you no longer wish to use most of those items you can sell them as they are all very useful and don't vary too much in prices.

this

No1s_Perfect.png

I just got a fury for 15.4m. Is it likely to go up in price?

No, but it is still an amazing investment. The time saved by using it will be more then worth the money lost if you ever resell it. I say this because I doubt you ever will, furies are simply amazing.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

1) Amulet of fury: is it really that good? Glory has teleports..

If the 15m for a fury is a lot to you, then no. Fury is not better then a glory. Unless you can spade 15m with a lot of wiggle room, glory is infinitly better. Only way to improve the fury, imho, is to give it tels, to say, tzhaay. With 20m cash, 10 glorys > 1 fury

2) Amulet of ranging: +5 range attack bonus over Glory.

No. Not at all. It is also +5 range attack over fury. Fury/glory has +15/+3 defense, +5/+3 prayer. Ranging only has +15 magic defense. Not worth it. Period.

3) Archers' ring: Is +4 really that much?

4) Seers' ring: Same thing as above.

IMHO, no its not. If you are intent on getting + to magic and range, get 200 rank in mobilizing armies. An imbuned dragonstone ring is +5 to all except strength. In fact, out of all the options you listed, I would suggest you buy an onyx ring and a zerker ring, get 300 rank, and have a +8 str ring and +6 atk and def ring.

5) Infinity boots: 1m for a 2 more magic attack and defence bonus?

Considering that they ARE the best magic boots, I would say get it if you intend on maging a lot. In the past wizard boots were only 300k and were 2 less attack, while infinity were 3m.. Get a pair of infinity.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

15m for +12 defense and no teles is not a good buy. If your bank is worth 15m, you'd be an idiot to sell everything that is of use for something you can't use by itself.

Selling your bank for a negligible bonus isn't a good idea. If you can spare 15m without any real sacrifice, then it is a good idea to buy it.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

First of all, you would never buy a fury if it kills your bank. EVER. So agreed big time with Obtaurian.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

15m for +12 defense and no teles is not a good buy. If your bank is worth 15m, you'd be an idiot to sell everything that is of use for something you can't use by itself.

Selling your bank for a negligible bonus isn't a good idea. If you can spare 15m without any real sacrifice, then it is a good idea to buy it.

OP's bank is 20m so your point is invalid.

Fury has much better stats than a glory.

It is an investment, not a purchase where you lose the money forever.

You can have a glory in your inventory or one in your POH, which is where I tele to after every slayer task. (Altar, all portals, infinite glory teleports)

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

At his levels a fury will be the biggest boost he can get with 15m, in the time he saves by getting one, he would be able to make far more then 15m. And he doesn't need to give up the teleports, he can still own a few glories for that.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Fury: No, its junk unless you want to trim it. Just a cosmetic item IMO.

Ranging Ammy: It's alright, kinda worth the buy.

Archer's: Buy it and imbune it. Best Range Bonus Ring in game.

Seer's: Same as Arhcer's. Best Mage Bonus Ring.

Infinity Boots: Get Em, best Mage Bonus Boots in game and look stylish. ;D

I said I have 20m of cash.. I have full Ahrim's, staff of light, book of balance, dark bow, cannon, crystal bow blah blah blah and stuff too. So I'm not broke.

I'm just wondering if +12 is really that big of a differrence. The attack bonuses are the same as a Glory, so you kill things at the same speed unless I'm missing something.

It isn't. Some people just can't handle that they are good...

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

i dunno it just always seemed to me that that small an increase in defense didnt matter that much. id wear a strength ammy over a glory any day.

but yeah if your banks 20m then id say its definitely not a good buy, spend it on good weapons/armour and wear a strength ammy would be my suggestion

i dunno it just always seemed to me that that small an increase in defense didnt matter that much. id wear a strength ammy over a glory any day.

but yeah if your banks 20m then id say its definitely not a good buy, spend it on good weapons/armour and wear a strength ammy would be my suggestion

Strength ammy means you don't have the attack bonuses from a glory/fury.

And seeing as how a fury is good armor, and one of the first things you should upgrade when you have the cash, it would be a good investment.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]