Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Guide to efficient dungeoneering C2 fishing/skilling. {wip}

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,231 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:xpx
Spreadsheet: https://spreadsheets...YzdiMzZjOGQ
(read about it later on in the guide, it will be a helpful tool both for you and us for improving this method further)

This guide is a direct result of the recent dungeoneering tweaks update, whereby the speed of most skilling aspects in daemonheim was increased dramatically, and the frequency of resources appearing in lower complexity dungeons was increased threefold. I don’t take credit for developing these methods as i first heard about the possibility of training fishing(then, the only skill better than it is in normal rs) in dungeons a few months ago from grimy, and first tried is some weeks ago, arriving at a conclusion that it was a welcome alternative to otherwise mundane c1’s, though not more efficient. The recent update, however, is what makes this thing really great.

Will Golvellius forgive us? (Intro into the methods)

Work your tail off! (Intro to some of the basic knowledge of c1s)

Golvellius would be so proud… (Skilling in low complexity dungeons)

Spreadsheet wizardry. (How to know if you are and become a better c2 skiller.)

What´s in it for me?(Xp rates.)

I guess this is it for now, but do remember that this guide is still a work in progress, so definitely help provide some useful fishing data and take a critical look to all the info I’ve brought out. The goal of mine and those who read the guide should be the same: to improve the technique.

Credits

Thank you for reading the guide and i hope you've enjoyed it.

Also, i'm currently looking for suggestions of pictures and info to add to the guide. Do not suggest making a video as i'm not doing that(i think a written guide is much more intelligent).

Edited by xpx, 19 March 2011 - 11:13 PM.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

Animaslayer
[ Display Name History ]

Animaslayer

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,018 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Animaslayer
  • Clan:SODB
this was brought to light a couple of days ago?
Posted Image
Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2
Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1
Posted Image <- do that when you see me :P

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@
A problem I faced a few times while doing c2s is that when running, dropping items would sometimes cause me to stop and stand still before I arrived at my intended location. Do you know anything about this?

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,231 posts

It's only really good since the update that happened on Tuesday. Before that it was just reasonably good way to complete your lower floors.

A problem I faced a few times while doing c2s is that when running, dropping items would sometimes cause me to stop and stand still before I arrived at my intended location. Do you know anything about this?

When you click to drop something it cancels your previous request, thus you have to do that again. If you don't want to be stopped you have to drop one at a time and be a fast clicker. This too happens when dropping in combat, when you have to drop and click to attack the monster again just thereafter.

Animaslayer
[ Display Name History ]

Animaslayer

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,018 posts
  • RSN:Animaslayer
  • Clan:SODB

It's only really good since the update that happened on Tuesday. Before that it was just reasonably good way to complete your lower floors.

yes, someone made a miniguide on this a few days ago im damn sure, either way i clicked a youtube link for a video which is pretty much this, but video :L
Posted Image
Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2
Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1
Posted Image <- do that when you see me :P

msiGC
[ Display Name History ]

msiGC

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • RSN:Uaexkiller
  • Clan:72
hope it doesn't get nerfed by jagex

atestarossa
[ Display Name History ]

atestarossa

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 852 posts
  • RSN:Scherzo
  • RSN2:Arnie Arnie

When you have clicked an direct action, like opening a door, attacking, picking up something or clicking on a fishing spot, dropping an item cancels it.
However, if you run somewhere, you can drop as much as you want without stopping.

So basically, if you get a red cross from clicking, you cannot drop, but with a yellow cross from clicking, you can.
Posted Image

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)
Great guide xpx. :thumbup: We're considering changing DGS to FGS - Fishsweepers.

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@

When you have clicked an direct action, like opening a door, attacking, picking up something or clicking on a fishing spot, dropping an item cancels it.
However, if you run somewhere, you can drop as much as you want without stopping.

So basically, if you get a red cross from clicking, you cannot drop, but with a yellow cross from clicking, you can.

Ah. That would explain it. I usually use the minimap to run.

Autist
[ Display Name History ]

Autist

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 473 posts
  • RSN:Autist
Very well written, couldn't ask for a better guide on this. :)
Posted Image

muuuuuuuuuu
[ Display Name History ]

muuuuuuuuuu

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • RSN:muuuuuuuuuu
One thing I've noticed about dropping while fishing, while it's not possible to drop every single fish you get, if you drop every other one you can do it losslessly. Doing that, combined with dropping any extras while clearing gds /running usually lets me have very little time standing still dropping.

Lord Paul
[ Display Name History ]

Lord Paul

The answer is Quyneax

• Members
  • 1,540 posts
  • RSN:Lord Paul
Excellent guide! :thumbup:

I just did 64 minutes of fishing at lvl 88 (got 89 actually) and received 92k fishing xp... I imagine i could knock off around 5-8 minutes if i turned private off :razz: and bound some cosmics.

One thing I've noticed about dropping while fishing, while it's not possible to drop every single fish you get, if you drop every other one you can do it losslessly. Doing that, combined with dropping any extras while clearing gds /running usually lets me have very little time standing still dropping.

Yeah i drop every other fish and it works really well.

To collect data for you, do i need to write down the feathers used in addition to how long each floor took? I'll be fishing like this for the next ~1M xp.
Working on max and completionist capes.
2435/2475

Flareboy64
[ Display Name History ]

Flareboy64

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:OMG CHURRO
Would customizing the ring towards Gatherer be a huge EXP increase?

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,231 posts

Would customizing the ring towards Gatherer be a huge EXP increase?

Firstly, gatherer increases the amount of wood or ores you get, but not xp. Secondly, as fish aren't affected, it could only be useful for firemaking, which i don't recommend.

Lord Paul
[ Display Name History ]

Lord Paul

The answer is Quyneax

• Members
  • 1,540 posts
  • RSN:Lord Paul
Here are some results at 89 fishing, floors 1-35 solo, with csb and promethium 2h bind doing all bosses:

I would guess that it is around 70% blue crabs and 30% salve eels, and so the total xp may be off by +/- 3k xp; I did check it against my runetracker gains, and it was a hundred or so xp off every time I updated it.

It will be interesting to see how much of an increase in xp/hr that lvl 90 gives... Hopefully, I can have that information by next week some time.
Working on max and completionist capes.
2435/2475

Golvellius
[ Display Name History ]

Golvellius

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,677 posts
I found the unlabeled graphs to be a distraction.
What you really needed was a picture demonstrating your technique.
For that, I supplied you one free of charge.

Posted Image
Notice the "pro" dungeoneering swan dive into the pool.
Also, notice the lack of armour despite being supplied by the game in C2.
I learned this technique at Dungeonsweepers*, a clan devoted to "teaching people who are wllling to learn, have a shadow silk hood, can do floor 50-60 in 20 minutes, have 3 binds, and don't care about dieing 10 times a dungeon".

*Copyright Golvellius/Golvellius07 2010.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)
One of these days he's going to realize that he's illiterate. Such a sad day that will be.

But definitely one of your better posts as of late, Golv. Much more effort put into this one, I see. 7/10. :thumbup:

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Golvellius
[ Display Name History ]

Golvellius

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

One of these days he's going to realize that he's illiterate. Such a sad day that will be.

Your wrong about that.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Aiel
[ Display Name History ]

Aiel

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,104 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Aielman
  • Clan:Collam Daan

Your wrong about that.

You're right, it'll probably take you TWO days to realize it.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

MCsq2
[ Display Name History ]

MCsq2

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,451 posts
  • RSN:Railgun
  • RSN2:Sonic3190
  • Clan:Potato Legacy
Why are all of you guys attacking Golvellius? :mellow:

Anyways, I've never knew about the increased fishing rates, so thanks for the tip. I don't know whether or not it's worthwhile in f2p, but judging by the rates, short-finned eel should be half of that of cave morays, so it's around 50k-55k xp/hr, assuming the estimate is true. Seems great considering fishing maxes out at like what, 30k-40k xp/hr?

railgun.png

Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users