Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How much faster do rocktails get from 90-99?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

TheGreatGeno
[ Display Name History ]

TheGreatGeno

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 23 posts
Topic title says it all. Also, please no comments about how "Fishing sucks for money do something else". I enjoy fishing, even if it isn't the best money maker. And whenever I bring up fishing some smartass decides to tell me it's a crap money maker.

Bassy
[ Display Name History ]

Bassy

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bassjason1
  • Clan:Spirit of Saradomin
You're going to average about 55k xp/hr. They're pretty good for movie-watching or homework-doing. I did 99 and 99 Mining in a world of my own because people down there can be annoying. Every spot can be safe-spotted from the creatures.

I favor the west side of the cavern for Rocktails. There's some torches and some rocks that make trapping the creatures no effort at all, often no effort required even as you just run to the spot.

LitterBug
[ Display Name History ]

LitterBug

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,428 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:LitterBug01

You're going to average about 55k xp/hr. They're pretty good for movie-watching or homework-doing. I did 99 and 99 Mining in a world of my own because people down there can be annoying. Every spot can be safe-spotted from the creatures.

I favor the west side of the cavern for Rocktails. There's some torches and some rocks that make trapping the creatures no effort at all, often no effort required even as you just run to the spot.

I think he was asking if there was a noticeable difference in the rate at which you catch rocktails at around 90 to around 99
Posted Image

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,207 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:xpx

And whenever I bring up fishing some smartass decides to tell me it's a crap money maker.

I wonder why anyone would do that :ohnoes:

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 15,990 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
Erm just like to point out: drop the attitude.
People aren't being a smartass by telling you its a bad money maker. Yes you may already known that and yes you may not care, but it doesn't make it any less true.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Kill All Bosses :: 1 Death :: Araxxor :: Barrows :: Chaos Ele :: Corp :: DKS :: Giant Mole :: Graardor
Har-Aken :: K'ril :: KBD :: KK :: KQ :: Kree'arra :: Legiones :: Nex :: QBD :: ROTS :: TzTok-Jad :: Vorago :: Zilyana

jetset516a
[ Display Name History ]

jetset516a

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 93 posts

People aren't being a smartass by telling you its a bad money maker. Yes you may already known that and yes you may not care, but it doesn't make it any less true.

He may have an attitude about it, but he's right. If anyone were to say something like that it would be trolling, plain and simple. He didn't ask about how good the profits were, and there does tend to be those types of responses in a lot of threads asking about experience.

jetset516.png

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 15,990 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

He may have an attitude about it, but he's right. If anyone were to say something like that it would be trolling, plain and simple. He didn't ask about how good the profits were, and there does tend to be those types of responses in a lot of threads asking about experience.

Its help & advice forum we don't always stay 100% on topic because its not conducive to giving the best advice. Yes in some cases if some is adamant on using a les effcent method it may be of no use to them, but it doesn't make it trolling and there's no need to have an attitude about it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Kill All Bosses :: 1 Death :: Araxxor :: Barrows :: Chaos Ele :: Corp :: DKS :: Giant Mole :: Graardor
Har-Aken :: K'ril :: KBD :: KK :: KQ :: Kree'arra :: Legiones :: Nex :: QBD :: ROTS :: TzTok-Jad :: Vorago :: Zilyana

MstrMonopoly
[ Display Name History ]

MstrMonopoly

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,369 posts
  • RSN:MstrMonopoly

Topic title says it all. Also, please no comments about how "Fishing sucks for money do something else". I enjoy fishing, even if it isn't the best money maker. And whenever I bring up fishing some smartass decides to tell me it's a crap money maker.

Actually, if you're not going to be committed to paying attention/multitasking, rocktails are a fine way to do fishing.

The answer is: not VERY much. Maybe like 5-6k/hr or so?

But seriously don't call people who want to give you advice "smartasses". They take offense to that.

I piety the fool.

Tainaith
[ Display Name History ]

Tainaith

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 492 posts
  • RSN:Tainaith
  • Clan:N/A
Staying on topic, there's not a very large difference between rocktails at 90 and 99. As previously mentioned, you'll average about 50-55k/hour (xp), and you might gain roughly 5k/hour at 99. (so you can expect about 25k more profit per hour, averaging close to 250-270k/hour)

Rocktails are very easy to AFK, and they bring in a good profit from a fishing standpoint.
Posted Image
*99 Cooking Achieved: 4th of July, 2009--99 Fishing Achieved: Christmas Day, 2009--99 Woodcutting Achieved: May 4th, 2010--99 Magic Achieved: September 11, 2010--99 Fletching Achieved: June 14th, 2012--2000 Total Achieved: July 2nd, 2012*
*1100 Dominion Bosses defeated*
Heroes of Newerth player -- IGN: SaveTehPanda
StarCraft 2 player -- IGN: plasmaJelly

BeNiceOk
[ Display Name History ]

BeNiceOk

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Its help & advice forum we don't always stay 100% on topic because its not conducive to giving the best advice. Yes in some cases if some is adamant on using a les effcent method it may be of no use to them, but it doesn't make it trolling and there's no need to have an attitude about it.

offtopic stuff

Didn't mean to pull this thread offtopic, just something I've wanted to post for awhile now on these threads but never got around to it.

Anyways, back ontopic.. There is not going to be much of a xp difference between 90 and 99. Back in the day I think I got around 40k or so per hour on monkfish, and I believe that rocktails are faster. Assuming that the xp difference on monks would be similar to Rocktails, you should expect a .5-1k/hr increase in xp per level gained.

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,207 posts

offtopic stuff

I think none of the elite helpers here ever make that mistake, or maybe you just have a really bad example. If someone is asking is barrows or dragon is better it's quite clear they are relatively poor and can't afford bandos(or torso, which basically costs just as much). In that situation the guy would be recommended to wear either a rune plate(as you really don't need the extra defense) or the cheapest barrows plate bar veracs, if they really want to have higher defense.

As for this particular example, lets assume rocktail fishing is around 45k xp ph(the rate we have seen over this thread) and c2 fishing is around 90k xp ph(the rate i've seen 90 fishers get with relative ease, even when completing dungeons). Thus he would have to earn the same amount of money as he is earning rocktail fishing in 2 hours doing one hour of something else, and as roctail fishing is such poor money(2*120*1800 = 432k) any rubbish moneymaker would even earn twice as much(he could likely get 1m in that hour killing dragons, or even slaying). That calculation doesn't even take into account the xp he can earn in that hour or that it could be even more efficient assuming he fishes for his c1's. Again, he very well may do it, but people aren't telling him not to because they are trolling or trying to be a smartass, it's because they are trying to help the poor kid(H&A, you see).

green9090
[ Display Name History ]

green9090

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,599 posts
Comparing rocktails to c2 fishing isn't fair by any stretch of the imagination though. I can't go make a sandwich while my character does c2s for me.
Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,207 posts

Comparing rocktails to c2 fishing isn't fair by any stretch of the imagination though. I can't go make a sandwich while my character does c2s for me.

It highly depends on how you play the game. For me personally, as i don't think of the game as a job, when i'm playing it, i'm playing it. For different people it may be different, but the general theme of afking is that you really don't like the game that much.

green9090
[ Display Name History ]

green9090

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,599 posts
Part of what I like about the game is that it can be relaxing. It's nice to get stuff done while I read a book. Doesn't mean I don't like the game, just means I don't necessarily want to be on high intensity clicking 100% of the time.
Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,207 posts

Part of what I like about the game is that it can be relaxing. It's nice to get stuff done while I read a book. Doesn't mean I don't like the game, just means I don't necessarily want to be on high intensity clicking 100% of the time.

Well, if you look at it from a different perspective, there really isn't a massive difference between botting and afking ivy/rocktails, but for the fact that you can get banned for one of them. Afking can never be enjoyable(i'm talking about enjoyment from the game), but i do actually like doing my low floors with a bit of variety.

Also, they are actually both against the rules(well, unless you make the sandwitch on your keyboard), but only one can be enforced.

green9090
[ Display Name History ]

green9090

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,599 posts
What I'm hearing is "your way of playing the game is different from the way I play the game, therefore you are wrong."

My only response can be lol, k.

Noxx
[ Display Name History ]

Noxx

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,277 posts
  • RSN:Nox

What I'm hearing is "your way of playing the game is different from the way I play the game, therefore you are wrong."

:thumbup:

Posted Image

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,207 posts

I'm not telling people how to play but really, though afking is a non-enforced rule, it's poor judgment for the community to accept it as something you should do. Again, afking is against the rules, thus as you have to be at your keyboard the whole time, the two methods only differ in clicking intensity, with one taking twice the time for little gain of money.

Noxx
[ Display Name History ]

Noxx

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,277 posts
  • RSN:Nox

I'm not telling people how to play but really, though afking is a non-enforced rule, it's poor judgment for the community to accept it as something you should do. Again, afking is against the rules, thus as you have to be at your keyboard the whole time, the two methods only differ in clicking intensity, with one taking twice the time for little gain of money.

Usually AFK implies that they will be doing x skill while watching tv/doing homework/surfing the web/etc whilst still being being the keyboard. This, as far as i know, is not against the rules. So there is a big diffirence between AFK skilling and Botting. I don't see how it's poor judgement for the community to accept it as something you should do? No one has said it should be done. It has been said many times though that it could be done, to make things a bit "easier".

Posted Image

green9090
[ Display Name History ]

green9090

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,599 posts
As Noxx pointed out, "afk" is a loose term. You're always tied to clicking the screen every 5 minutes, which is WAY different from leaving the house or going to sleep with a bot on.

Whatever you say, I find it fun to watch my fishing exp go up while I play a different game, watch a movie, or read a book. I do legitimately enjoy the little feeling of accomplishment I get when I gain 100k fishing exp or whatever for doing something I was going to do anyway. You can't argue that point, it's an opinion. I'm not breaking any rules besides your purist ideals of EVERYTHING needing to happen with 100% intensity, and I'm progressing my character in a way that I enjoy. Not sure how anyone can find fault with that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users