How much faster do rocktails get from 90-99?

TheGreatGeno

You're going to average about 55k xp/hr. They're pretty good for movie-watching or homework-doing. I did 99 and 99 Mining in a world of my own because people down there can be annoying. Every spot can be safe-spotted from the creatures.

I favor the west side of the cavern for Rocktails. There's some torches and some rocks that make trapping the creatures no effort at all, often no effort required even as you just run to the spot.

You're going to average about 55k xp/hr. They're pretty good for movie-watching or homework-doing. I did 99 and 99 Mining in a world of my own because people down there can be annoying. Every spot can be safe-spotted from the creatures.

I favor the west side of the cavern for Rocktails. There's some torches and some rocks that make trapping the creatures no effort at all, often no effort required even as you just run to the spot.

I think he was asking if there was a noticeable difference in the rate at which you catch rocktails at around 90 to around 99

capt%20kevin.png

And whenever I bring up fishing some smartass decides to tell me it's a crap money maker.

I wonder why anyone would do that :ohnoes:

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Erm just like to point out: drop the attitude.

People aren't being a smartass by telling you its a bad money maker. Yes you may already known that and yes you may not care, but it doesn't make it any less true.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

People aren't being a smartass by telling you its a bad money maker. Yes you may already known that and yes you may not care, but it doesn't make it any less true.

He may have an attitude about it, but he's right. If anyone were to say something like that it would be trolling, plain and simple. He didn't ask about how good the profits were, and there does tend to be those types of responses in a lot of threads asking about experience.

He may have an attitude about it, but he's right. If anyone were to say something like that it would be trolling, plain and simple. He didn't ask about how good the profits were, and there does tend to be those types of responses in a lot of threads asking about experience.

Its help & advice forum we don't always stay 100% on topic because its not conducive to giving the best advice. Yes in some cases if some is adamant on using a les effcent method it may be of no use to them, but it doesn't make it trolling and there's no need to have an attitude about it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Topic title says it all. Also, please no comments about how "Fishing sucks for money do something else". I enjoy fishing, even if it isn't the best money maker. And whenever I bring up fishing some smartass decides to tell me it's a crap money maker.

Actually, if you're not going to be committed to paying attention/multitasking, rocktails are a fine way to do fishing.

The answer is: not VERY much. Maybe like 5-6k/hr or so?

But seriously don't call people who want to give you advice "smartasses". They take offense to that.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

Staying on topic, there's not a very large difference between rocktails at 90 and 99. As previously mentioned, you'll average about 50-55k/hour (xp), and you might gain roughly 5k/hour at 99. (so you can expect about 25k more profit per hour, averaging close to 250-270k/hour)

Rocktails are very easy to AFK, and they bring in a good profit from a fishing standpoint.

Tainaith.png

*99 Cooking Achieved: 4th of July, 2009--99 Fishing Achieved: Christmas Day, 2009--99 Woodcutting Achieved: May 4th, 2010--99 Magic Achieved: September 11, 2010--99 Fletching Achieved: June 14th, 2012--2000 Total Achieved: July 2nd, 2012*

*1100 Dominion Bosses defeated*

Heroes of Newerth player -- IGN: SaveTehPanda

StarCraft 2 player -- IGN: plasmaJelly

Its help & advice forum we don't always stay 100% on topic because its not conducive to giving the best advice. Yes in some cases if some is adamant on using a les effcent method it may be of no use to them, but it doesn't make it trolling and there's no need to have an attitude about it.

[hide=offtopic stuff]

Unfortunately, some people feel the need to post the "best advice" on something when it isn't applicable to the question, thus not being helpful. For example:

If we are on a thread asking if a barrows plate or dragon plate is better for slayer, someone is going to come in and post "get neither, Bandos is the best for slayer". Obviously this is the best advice because Bandos is the best for slayer, however its irrelevant advice (and thus not helpful advice) because it doesn't help answer the question. (look 2 paragraphs down to see what I mean).

I have no problem with people giving advice when it's good, as long as it's helpful.

Someone posting: "get Bandos or don't slay" isn't helpful..

But someone who posts: "On most tasks Dragon armor would be fine due to most slayer monsters being lower leveled. Barrows armor might be useful for some tasks, but in general you could easily get by with dragon armor. However, it may be worth it to sell your dragon armor for a cheaper Barrows piece and sink that money towards herblore and prayer. On that note, keep in mind Bandos would be the best armor to use for slayer, and you should consider getting it if/when you have the money available to you.

See what I mean? Both answers give the exact same advice, but answer #1 is "stubborn" advice, and not helpful since it doesn't really help answer the question the OP is asking. In my opinion, there is a very fine line between "stubborn advice" and trolling.

So if your going to offer the "best advice", at least try to do it in a way that also answers the OP question too. It will all make this forum a happier place :thumbup:

[/hide]

Didn't mean to pull this thread offtopic, just something I've wanted to post for awhile now on these threads but never got around to it.

Anyways, back ontopic.. There is not going to be much of a xp difference between 90 and 99. Back in the day I think I got around 40k or so per hour on monkfish, and I believe that rocktails are faster. Assuming that the xp difference on monks would be similar to Rocktails, you should expect a .5-1k/hr increase in xp per level gained.

[hide=offtopic stuff]

Unfortunately, some people feel the need to post the "best advice" on something when it isn't applicable to the question, thus not being helpful. For example:

If we are on a thread asking if a barrows plate or dragon plate is better for slayer, someone is going to come in and post "get neither, Bandos is the best for slayer". Obviously this is the best advice because Bandos is the best for slayer, however its irrelevant advice (and thus not helpful advice) because it doesn't help answer the question. (look 2 paragraphs down to see what I mean).

I have no problem with people giving advice when it's good, as long as it's helpful.

Someone posting: "get Bandos or don't slay" isn't helpful..

But someone who posts: "On most tasks Dragon armor would be fine due to most slayer monsters being lower leveled. Barrows armor might be useful for some tasks, but in general you could easily get by with dragon armor. However, it may be worth it to sell your dragon armor for a cheaper Barrows piece and sink that money towards herblore and prayer. On that note, keep in mind Bandos would be the best armor to use for slayer, and you should consider getting it if/when you have the money available to you.

See what I mean? Both answers give the exact same advice, but answer #1 is "stubborn" advice, and not helpful since it doesn't really help answer the question the OP is asking. In my opinion, there is a very fine line between "stubborn advice" and trolling.

So if your going to offer the "best advice", at least try to do it in a way that also answers the OP question too. It will all make this forum a happier place :thumbup:

[/hide]

I think none of the elite helpers here ever make that mistake, or maybe you just have a really bad example. If someone is asking is barrows or dragon is better it's quite clear they are relatively poor and can't afford bandos(or torso, which basically costs just as much). In that situation the guy would be recommended to wear either a rune plate(as you really don't need the extra defense) or the cheapest barrows plate bar veracs, if they really want to have higher defense.

As for this particular example, lets assume rocktail fishing is around 45k xp ph(the rate we have seen over this thread) and c2 fishing is around 90k xp ph(the rate i've seen 90 fishers get with relative ease, even when completing dungeons). Thus he would have to earn the same amount of money as he is earning rocktail fishing in 2 hours doing one hour of something else, and as roctail fishing is such poor money(2*120*1800 = 432k) any rubbish moneymaker would even earn twice as much(he could likely get 1m in that hour killing dragons, or even slaying). That calculation doesn't even take into account the xp he can earn in that hour or that it could be even more efficient assuming he fishes for his c1's. Again, he very well may do it, but people aren't telling him not to because they are trolling or trying to be a smartass, it's because they are trying to help the poor kid(H&A, you see).

Comparing rocktails to c2 fishing isn't fair by any stretch of the imagination though. I can't go make a sandwich while my character does c2s for me.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Comparing rocktails to c2 fishing isn't fair by any stretch of the imagination though. I can't go make a sandwich while my character does c2s for me.

It highly depends on how you play the game. For me personally, as i don't think of the game as a job, when i'm playing it, i'm playing it. For different people it may be different, but the general theme of afking is that you really don't like the game that much.

Part of what I like about the game is that it can be relaxing. It's nice to get stuff done while I read a book. Doesn't mean I don't like the game, just means I don't necessarily want to be on high intensity clicking 100% of the time.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Part of what I like about the game is that it can be relaxing. It's nice to get stuff done while I read a book. Doesn't mean I don't like the game, just means I don't necessarily want to be on high intensity clicking 100% of the time.

Well, if you look at it from a different perspective, there really isn't a massive difference between botting and afking ivy/rocktails, but for the fact that you can get banned for one of them. Afking can never be enjoyable(i'm talking about enjoyment from the game), but i do actually like doing my low floors with a bit of variety.

Also, they are actually both against the rules(well, unless you make the sandwitch on your keyboard), but only one can be enforced.

What I'm hearing is "your way of playing the game is different from the way I play the game, therefore you are wrong."

My only response can be lol, k.

What I'm hearing is "your way of playing the game is different from the way I play the game, therefore you are wrong."

:thumbup:

I'm not telling people how to play but really, though afking is a non-enforced rule, it's poor judgment for the community to accept it as something you should do. Again, afking is against the rules, thus as you have to be at your keyboard the whole time, the two methods only differ in clicking intensity, with one taking twice the time for little gain of money.

I'm not telling people how to play but really, though afking is a non-enforced rule, it's poor judgment for the community to accept it as something you should do. Again, afking is against the rules, thus as you have to be at your keyboard the whole time, the two methods only differ in clicking intensity, with one taking twice the time for little gain of money.

Usually AFK implies that they will be doing x skill while watching tv/doing homework/surfing the web/etc whilst still being being the keyboard. This, as far as i know, is not against the rules. So there is a big diffirence between AFK skilling and Botting. I don't see how it's poor judgement for the community to accept it as something you should do? No one has said it should be done. It has been said many times though that it could be done, to make things a bit "easier".

As Noxx pointed out, "afk" is a loose term. You're always tied to clicking the screen every 5 minutes, which is WAY different from leaving the house or going to sleep with a bot on.

Whatever you say, I find it fun to watch my fishing exp go up while I play a different game, watch a movie, or read a book. I do legitimately enjoy the little feeling of accomplishment I get when I gain 100k fishing exp or whatever for doing something I was going to do anyway. You can't argue that point, it's an opinion. I'm not breaking any rules besides your purist ideals of EVERYTHING needing to happen with 100% intensity, and I'm progressing my character in a way that I enjoy. Not sure how anyone can find fault with that.

As Noxx pointed out, "afk" is a loose term. You're always tied to clicking the screen every 5 minutes, which is WAY different from leaving the house or going to sleep with a bot on.

Whatever you say, I find it fun to watch my fishing exp go up while I play a different game, watch a movie, or read a book. I do legitimately enjoy the little feeling of accomplishment I get when I gain 100k fishing exp or whatever for doing something I was going to do anyway. You can't argue that point, it's an opinion. I'm not breaking any rules besides your purist ideals of EVERYTHING needing to happen with 100% intensity, and I'm progressing my character in a way that I enjoy. Not sure how anyone can find fault with that.

Hello making sandwiches....

And well, it's kind of ridiculous to give advice based on the fact that you aren't basically playing the game. I could come out and say botting is the obvious way of training skills, but that would be wrong on many levels. Thus, when giving advice, though it's legit to consider clicking intensity, you can't just say afk it as that's basically not playing the game. I have no idea why jagex went away from the idea, but trolls and ents killing afkers used to be the best thing, as really, you should always be paying some attention(not paying attention is basically what afking is). I'm not going to dispute that roctails or ivy can be viable methods of training if you don't enjoy any sort of wc/fishing and only want the levels(which is basically taking rs as a job), but if i recommend something, all i can say about the method is that they aren't click intense(not that you should be making sandwitches while doing them, which i can do while dungeoneering, even :shades: ).

Do c2 dungeoneering fishing and kill green dragons for money. You'll get more xp and gp in less time.

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

While talking about AFK'ing is really off-topic (though the question has pretty much been answered), there's no reason to think that doing it means you don't like the game. In most situations, you don't really want to be playing a game 100% of the time, but you'd still like to make 'progress'. Granted, there's lots of ways to make money by barely even logging in, but most of those will not give any exp towards a skill. (setting aside "buying exp")

I'd rather use a slower method(even though this isn't a very slow method, considering fishing) and be able to do it while working on something more important (i.e, a term paper), and have a small bonus towards my exp and gold, rather then completely log out and come back with nothing extra before going back to an intensive method. (To each his own, I suppose)

Playing efficiently is great, it works well, 'pays' better, and generally requires a bit of effort. (usually the antithesis of AFK'ing)

But, we all like to slow down a bit sometimes, usually it's not because we don't like the game. (I know if I didn't like a game, I wouldn't bother wasting my time in any shape, form, or fashion on it.)

Or, we might just be lazy. :D

Tainaith.png

*99 Cooking Achieved: 4th of July, 2009--99 Fishing Achieved: Christmas Day, 2009--99 Woodcutting Achieved: May 4th, 2010--99 Magic Achieved: September 11, 2010--99 Fletching Achieved: June 14th, 2012--2000 Total Achieved: July 2nd, 2012*

*1100 Dominion Bosses defeated*

Heroes of Newerth player -- IGN: SaveTehPanda

StarCraft 2 player -- IGN: plasmaJelly