Did you turn of the lights/electricity?

Dire_Wolf

65 members have voted

1. 1. Did you turn of the lights/electricity?

• No, my family members didn't take it seriously so...
    • No, but i thought of doing it
    • Yes, i did
    • Other (spesify)
    • No, never heard of it before until now!
    • No, i don't care about it

My lights are off, because my family wants to. I personally could care less.

You could care less? You must care quite a bit then :P

OT: I wasn't planning too... but all the lights seem to be off anyway :D

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My lights are off, because my family wants to. I personally could care less.

You could care less? You must care quite a bit then :P

I never said I couldn't care more. :P

(yes, that was a typo)

All the lights in my house were turned on, and I was watching Watchmen in BluRay while playing RS.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I plan on celebrating by buying a 1000 pack of Styrofoam cups, 20 6-packs of coke, setting the cups on fire, and dumping them into the local river along with the plastic rings that hold the coke together without cutting them. I'll then put the empty aluminum cans in the trash can.

Then, I'm going to set fire to an old set of tires, puncture a few aerosol cans, and idle my SUV.

After all of that, I'll have a grand finale and break a few dozen compact fluorescent bulbs by chopping down the largest tree in the woods.

You didn't poach an endangered species to extinction? WEAK

I did the lights just 'cause I normally do. Not hard to use a computer in the dark.

This sums it up.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

I didn't. Odd, normally I love sitting alone in the dark.

Serious: What's the point if you don't actually try conserving in your everyday life? Give yourself an hour a year to make yourself feel better?

Pretty much it seems lol.

I didn't do anything.

oh i turned all the lights on in my house to fill as much of the surrounding earth with as much light as possible.

I turned on the lights to power my solar cells.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I did it last year but I don't anymore because I have no faith it 'helps out the planet' as such. I use lighting responsibly anyway, so I don't see the need to go fully hippie for an hour. Respect to those that do though :thumbup:

2vuhgcn.png

No, I turned on all my lights, ran both my heater and air conditioner, gave my bathtub a hot shower for an hour, and idled both my cars in my garage.

In all seriousness, this "day" is useless. Using less energy doesn't take one hour a year, it takes a change of lifestyle and long-term commitment. That's what we need to be fostering, not some garbage populist celebration.

Personally, I usually take the bus/walk/bike rather than drive - I always try to turn off all the lights, my family rarely uses air conditioning (heating obviously is a must) and we have some energy efficient appliances (where it actually makes sense).

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

No and I didn't care.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

other: I don't care. my lights on right now.

discuss.

Ok, you didn't turn off your lights, not a big of deal. No need to go "Oh look at me, i have my lights on and i don't care cause i am so darn cool".

And what's up with "discuss."? This is question forum...

my lights are on still. i don't think i turned them off overnight.

contemplate.

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

They should remake the thing, make it 'earth day'. Give everyone a machine gun, with instructions to only use them if someone turns on their computer/television. Oh, and kill the guy watching glee while playing warcraft.

div>

I don't get why people look at this as a hippie thing. Human race is most dominated race on earth, we build cities where there were earlier forests with wild life, and we fill the area with toxic city enviroment. Hippies are drug takers and don't give [cabbage]. They are just high on drug as far as i know, and it seems they are so high on a drug called "peace and love" that they don't accept reality as it is.

Animals that were earlier pets, are killed because there is no room for them, why? Because we humans take space. I am not saying let's kill ourself or sacrifices ourself for other races, but we should try to contribute to make things better for animals.

Very stupid that i see coments "I turned on all lights". What is your point? That you give [cabbage] about living things? You wouldn't think that way if the air you breath was toxic.

I saw a video on in a TIF forum, and it really made my heart feel sad. It was a video showing animals in funny situation, and the message was clear "You want to adopt this dog, or this or that?". Seeing that video i reflected on my life and how big of a fool i am, and how i do not deserv to live. If God truly exists and God was ok with my decision, i think i would give my life away just to give a animal a chance.

Afterall, what makes my life more worth than a dog's? Because i am a human?

They're being sarcastic. But it's stupid to think that one hour will make a difference. Look at all the people who turn their lights off, then go on the computer while watching TV in the background.

I think one would need to research to really find out if one hour will help. But there is many factors that affect Earth, but i think the thought of turning off the lights is nice. It's nice to turn off lights and connect off all electrionic devices.

I don't get why people look at this as a hippie thing. Human race is most dominated race on earth, we build cities where there were earlier forests with wild life, and we fill the area with toxic city enviroment. Hippies are drug takers and don't give [cabbage]. They are just high on drug as far as i know, and it seems they are so high on a drug called "peace and love" that they don't accept reality as it is.

Animals that were earlier pets, are killed because there is no room for them, why? Because we humans take space. I am not saying let's kill ourself or sacrifices ourself for other races, but we should try to contribute to make things better for animals.

Very stupid that i see coments "I turned on all lights". What is your point? That you give [cabbage] about living things? You wouldn't think that way if the air you breath was toxic.

I saw a video on in a TIF forum, and it really made my heart feel sad. It was a video showing animals in funny situation, and the message was clear "You want to adopt this dog, or this or that?". Seeing that video i reflected on my life and how big of a fool i am, and how i do not deserv to live. If God truly exists and God was ok with my decision, i think i would give my life away just to give a animal a chance.

This thing is a convenient way for certain comfortable people being able to say "oh look how good i am, turning the lights off for earth hour". As i said in my previous post, it should be done automatically. Turn off your computer instead of leaving it on sleep mode, turn off your tv instead of having it on standby, turn off the lights in a room which you wont be in for a while... Etc etc etc.

And then you go slightly off topic with animals, change the title if you want a full on environmental discussion.

Humans take space, yes. There's two easy solutions to this problem, which will even greater in the future. 1, kill 5/6th of the earth population. 2, restrict the number of children a couple can have in each country. Two very simple and effective ways. Number 2 is the more humane option i suppose.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Why on earth would you do that? Is the animal going to be able to understand your sacrifice? What would the animal achieve during its lifespan? Would the animal be grateful?

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Why on earth would you do that? Is the animal going to be able to understand your sacrifice? What would the animal achieve during its lifespan? Would the animal be grateful?

I have my reasons. That's all i will say. And i am not asking for a animal to be grateful towards me. Afterall it's a animal, besides a animal can't understand it like that.

If you save a animal directly, sure it will, but without it seeing with it's own eyes? Nah doubt it would understand that lol.

No one ever talks about it in my region so I don't even know if anyone here knows about earth hour, but yeah, I completely forgot since no one talked about it around me.

This thing is a convenient way for certain comfortable people being able to say "oh look how good i am, turning the lights off for earth hour". As i said in my previous post, it should be done automatically. Turn off your computer instead of leaving it on sleep mode, turn off your tv instead of having it on standby, turn off the lights in a room which you wont be in for a while... Etc etc etc.

THIS.

You can turn your lights off for an hour on one day when it would be very inconvenient to do so

OR

You can turn off all that [cabbage] you aren't using until you need it every day

If you want to be smug on the internet, you'd damn well better be doing the second.