Did you turn of the lights/electricity?

Dire_Wolf

65 members have voted

1. 1. Did you turn of the lights/electricity?

• No, my family members didn't take it seriously so...
    • No, but i thought of doing it
    • Yes, i did
    • Other (spesify)
    • No, never heard of it before until now!
    • No, i don't care about it

I saw a video on in a TIF forum, and it really made my heart feel sad. It was a video showing animals in funny situation, and the message was clear "You want to adopt this dog, or this or that?". Seeing that video i reflected on my life and how big of a fool i am, and how i do not deserv to live. If God truly exists and God was ok with my decision, i think i would give my life away just to give a animal a chance.

Afterall, what makes my life more worth than a dog's? Because i am a human?

Why on earth would you do that? Is the animal going to be able to understand your sacrifice? What would the animal achieve during its lifespan? Would the animal be grateful?

I have my reasons. That's all i will say. And i am not asking for a animal to be grateful towards me. Afterall it's a animal, besides a animal can't understand it like that.

If you save a animal directly, sure it will, but without it seeing with it's own eyes? Nah doubt it would understand that lol.

Then what's the point? It sounds admirable enough, sure; but only on the surface. What ends up happening is that a human life ceases to exist (which can make the world a better place) and an animal life does (which will probably not have any effect on the world as a whole).

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thing is a convenient way for certain comfortable people being able to say "oh look how good i am, turning the lights off for earth hour". As i said in my previous post, it should be done automatically. Turn off your computer instead of leaving it on sleep mode, turn off your tv instead of having it on standby, turn off the lights in a room which you wont be in for a while... Etc etc etc.

THIS.

You can turn your lights off for an hour on one day when it would be very inconvenient to do so

OR

You can turn off all that [cabbage] you aren't using until you need it every day

If you want to be smug on the internet, you'd damn well better be doing the second.

My contribution to earth hour this year was to plug all my gaming consoles, vcr and dvd player onto a powerbar which I unplug when not in use. Devices still draw power even when turned off and the only way to stop wasting is to unplug them, which I can now do in one swift and convenient movement. I think I left my lights on, though.

YAY EARTH!

hiccup.png

This thing is a convenient way for certain comfortable people being able to say "oh look how good i am, turning the lights off for earth hour". As i said in my previous post, it should be done automatically. Turn off your computer instead of leaving it on sleep mode, turn off your tv instead of having it on standby, turn off the lights in a room which you wont be in for a while... Etc etc etc.

THIS.

You can turn your lights off for an hour on one day when it would be very inconvenient to do so

OR

You can turn off all that [cabbage] you aren't using until you need it every day

If you want to be smug on the internet, you'd damn well better be doing the second.

Agreed. I usally just turn off my stuff when not in the room.

THIS.

OR

Agreed. I usally just turn off my stuff when not in the room.

Same here.

I did think about doing it, but I enjoy my lights and electrical gadgets too much.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I turned on every light in the house and sent a prayer to Thomas Edison, thanking him for delivering us out of the Dark Ages.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I was told at work that since the powerplants will keep producing the same amount of power as usual, earth hour doesn't technically do anything.

Putting electrical items like hot water on a control tariff (the one the power company turns off at peak times in exchange for a cheaper rate) apparently is better on the environment.

It does this by lowering peak usage, therefore lowering the power output on the transformers which are set to meet peak times constantly.