What do you do when you feel down?

Hakaan

Personally, nothing I've ever tried works for me. But I'm curious as to what you guys do when you're not feeling so great about life and what it throws at you.

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang out with friends. Or, more specifically, go shooting. Nothing makes me feel better than the recoil of an AR-15 or Remmington 700 .308. :thumbup: That, or just play some games.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead.

Joke quote but sums it up pretty nicely.

I realize my life is freaking perfect compared to 99% of the world and get over myself.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

When I'm in a bad mood, I have a special play list in iTunes with only my top favorite songs (top 25) that I play while looking at funny pictures I've saved over the years. Helps to put me back in a good mood. Laughter is a great cure for being upset. It sounds cheesy, I know, but it really does help.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Uh... I might be alone here, but I personally put on some music that makes me feel sad and wallow in it for a bit. It isn't that I "enjoy" feeling sad or down... I'm usually happy-go-lucky all the time, so I guess it's just... necessary? to feel another emotion like sadness for once.

Then I just gradually get over it, I guess.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Uh... I might be alone here, but I personally put on some music that makes me feel sad and wallow in it for a bit. It isn't that I "enjoy" feeling sad or down...

I do the same thing, it's so frequent I even have a folder specifically for those times.

Alternatively, laughter IS the best...I wouldn't say medicine, it's a temporary fix, but still very effective.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I have a playlist that is named 'Lighten the F up' on itunes full of crazy happy music. If I haven't eaten inawhile I get kinda moody so if that's the problem go eat something, I don't mean binge out on icecream just normal food. I talk to friends and force myself to joke/make them laugh I find this is better than laying my problems on them and burdening them.

If you feel like this all the time anti depressants *may* be ok but they won't fix your problems only drug you up and I can't stress enough that you will feel alot worse for the first few weeks as your body won't understand what's going on for that reason I don't recomend them unless you're really desperate because they can be dangerous.

I play my drumset. It's nearly impossible to think about anything else when you're concentrating on playing perfectly :thumbup:

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

"Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding...It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility" (Khalil Gibran)

So essentially I just let it come and go. Feeling "down" is probably as important to fulfillment as being happy. Plus its the perfect mood for introspection and examination, so I love to read poetry or something philosophical when I'm in said mood.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead.

this basically [thank you HIMYM]

more specifically, I drive very fast, i sing very loud, i turn up my music, i stay up mad late, i re-watch HIMYM seasons 1-5 and play laser tag/airsoft

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

We have the supersac, a 6' lovesac. If I'm very angry, it makes a great punching or kicking bag to vent on.

If im sad, I do what many people here seem to do, lie in bed with a good album on.

2s0cxth.png

I frankly just try to get over it. I feel pretty down everyday for thinking of all the [cabbage]ty mistakes I made in my life. But

just focus on all the good things you accomplished or the stuffs you have that others don't. I feel thankful enough to

not live in Africa or be like one of the 1 BILLION people dying and losing their kids because their so poor to afford

a decent living. Just take things for granted and you'll be fine. Trust me.