Full Completionist Cape Requirement List (Including Trim. Reqs)

Screamra

To the people whining about the 5k Castle Wars games:

That is for the trimmed version. Which means you can get the completionist cape for the more sane "all skills max, all quests/tasks, music, miniquests, spells and prayers/curses complete". That is already a massive achievement, the TRIMMED Completionist Cape is, then, not for those who have done everything, it is for those who have completed the game in as well as every aspect.

/discussion

2qdd6q0.png

Proud Quester!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the people whining about the 5k Castle Wars games:

That is for the trimmed version. Which means you can get the completionist cape for the more sane "all skills max, all quests/tasks, music, miniquests, spells and prayers/curses complete". That is already a massive achievement, the TRIMMED Completionist Cape is, then, not for those who have done everything, it is for those who have completed the game in as well as every aspect.

/discussion

why not add 5k chimp ice deliveries, then? One requirement making up like 90% of the hours needed to trim makes absolutely no sense to me, it's just overkill for one of many minigames which alot of people don't particularly like. There could be similar arguments about making other minigames make up the majority of time to trim, like making you kill each champion 50 times, but there is no logic behind putting so much on just one requirement(comp cape doesn't require 200m slayer/rc, for example).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

There are no reward after 25 chimp ice deliveries, there is a reward for 5000 CW games. For me, the trimmed Completionist Cape should include EVERYTHING. That is Rogue's Den, Dragon Defender, all emotes etc.

2qdd6q0.png

Proud Quester!

There are no reward after 25 chimp ice deliveries, there is a reward for 5000 CW games. For me, the trimmed Completionist Cape should include EVERYTHING. That is Rogue's Den, Dragon Defender, all emotes etc.

Jagex any day could decide.. Lets make an update that means 5000 chimp ice deliveries!! Once you get 5000 chimp ice deliveries..! You get a golden chimp ice.

There you go. A new completionist goal. (Imagine this was the case before the cape was released.) Now you must add that to the completionist trimmed cape requirements.

Its just a made up number with no real meaning considering its just based on number of games you have played. Which is absurdly high.

Now you may agree with that. However I dont. Its just silly more than anything. I would feel NO achievement in finishing 5000 games. Its just meaningless unless you wanted the rank or something. A rank isnt 'completing runescape' however.

The idea of the cape in castlewars was sweet but that should not equal completing the game. Its bizarre to think that the number '5000' castlewar games is something you would want to do to 'complete' runescape.

I agree with the above. There is already a reward for 5k so missing it out would mean you haven't completed the game.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I dont give him uber respect for 2 reasons:

1) I know there's other players with 5,000+ CW Games but merely dont have everything else done.

2) to have done E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G in the game, honestly you need a break. A long one.

Popoto.~<3

I agree with the above. There is already a reward for 5k so missing it out would mean you haven't completed the game.

The 5k cw cape was only made because jagex knew there already were some cw crazies. It makes absolutely no sense for the requirement of one minigame to be soooo much larger than for the other ones- it's just inconsistent. And as far as completing the game, i'd guess there are alot of people who don't believe anything below 5b xp is really completing the game, and while that would be a ridiculous requirement, so is 5k cw games(that's only one minigame, but takes as much time as 200m in a skill at 100k an hour, only 1-2 skills being under that currently). Anyone who argues for 5k cw games should also agree with 200m in agility, fishing, woodcutting or mining requirement for it to make any sense.

I dont give him uber respect for 2 reasons:

1) I know there's other players with 5,000+ CW Games but merely dont have everything else done.

2) to have done E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G in the game, honestly you need a break. A long one.

Assuming playing since the game was released (which im fairly certain omustardo has) it really isn't that much

not to mention he happens to like castle wars which gave him a huge advantage

ot: in regards to someone being close after omustardo, next closest i believe is baller_melo8 who's missing 70m dung exp.

Omustardo will be the only one for some time I think

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

The 5k cw cape was only made because jagex knew there already were some cw crazies. It makes absolutely no sense for the requirement of one minigame to be soooo much larger than for the other ones- it's just inconsistent. And as far as completing the game, i'd guess there are alot of people who don't believe anything below 5b xp is really completing the game, and while that would be a ridiculous requirement, so is 5k cw games(that's only one minigame, but takes as much time as 200m in a skill at 100k an hour, only 1-2 skills being under that currently). Anyone who argues for 5k cw games should also agree with 200m in agility, fishing, woodcutting or mining requirement for it to make any sense.

There is a reward in-game for 5k games. There is no in-game reward for 200m in a skill. One means you have played for a long time doing a single skill for no reward other than to be higher than others, one means you have attained one of the hardest and rarest items in the game. Which sounds like completing it to you?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

There is a reward in-game for 5k games. There is no in-game reward for 200m in a skill. One means you have played for a long time doing a single skill for no reward other than to be higher than others, one means you have attained one of the hardest and rarest items in the game. Which sounds like completing it to you?

Having your rank chiseled in the hiscores can be considered just as much of a reward as the cw cape- afterall, 99 doesn't mean you've completed the skill- you can still go on until 200m, at which point you can no longer gain experience in the skill- you've COMPLETED it. Scroll of cleansing doesn't have a reward for buying it, yet it's still a requirement. By your standards, working really long to get a Christmas cracker should be a requirement too(it too takes ridiculously much time and at the end you get one of the rarest items in game).

Also, the major argument against 5k cw games isn't that there would be no award for that, but that it's really inconsistent to all other minigames. There is no veterans MA armor set at 20k rank, there is no veterans conquest cape at 100k conquest rank and there is certainly nothing at 100k FoG rank, so please, tell me a reason cw should have a ridiculous veterans reward and NONE of the other minigames do? Unless you can answer that, the 5k cw games will forever be unreasonable(unless they add similarly ridiculous requirements for other minigames, that is).

At least castle wars is a lot more fun than getting 200m xp.

Says you. I would rather get 200m rc than that, really(and no, i've never even considered getting trimmed cape myself, although normal comp isn't far-fetched at all).

Says you. I would rather get 200m rc than that, really(and no, i've never even considered getting trimmed cape myself, although normal comp isn't far-fetched at all).

I've considered max/comp cape as well...runecrafting is the major reason I won't.

I've considered max/comp cape as well...runecrafting is the major reason I won't.

And CW will be the major obstacle for trim, although with no good reason(5k cw games = 10x 99 rc).

I think Jagex introduced limits on non-combat spells in CW since people were abusing it for the lack of randoms. I might be wrong though.

And please, let's NOT turn this into a "200m xp isn't fun" argument. I can't personally stand the prospect of training anything up to 200m, and I think CW is one of RS's best features, but if some people like it, live and let be.

Isn't there something you can do in cw (eg. humidify) ?

Nope, they routinely stop you from doing anything else besides castle wars while you do your castle wars in castle wars. You're not allowed to do anything for these ~90 days besides castle wars.

While I understand that there is a reward at 5000 games, and therefore is needed for "completion", perhaps the reward is set too high to begin with.

Proud Gladiator

gladzorgrespected.png

I suppose many would argue the reward comes in playing the game, the 5K limit is just to say 'Job well done' as a personal milestone that isn't meant to be grinded, but makes a nice benchmark for this particular cape.

Though I am sat wondering how you can have enough time to be a minigame/CW fanatic AND do everything else in the game. Surely one or the other would have been a better way to do this.

Okay, so when you get the Completionist Cape, do a Rhino and a Hydra spawn in your POH??

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I suppose many would argue the reward comes in playing the game, the 5K limit is just to say 'Job well done' as a personal milestone that isn't meant to be grinded, but makes a nice benchmark for this particular cape.

Though I am sat wondering how you can have enough time to be a minigame/CW fanatic AND do everything else in the game. Surely one or the other would have been a better way to do this.

I think everybody agrees that if you get the completionist cape - you're actually enjoying this game not grinding just for a few achievements

However, the main problem seems to be that 5k castle war games is a little bit ridiculous.

Granted - you have fun but you shouldn't have to waste (what is the estimate at? like 2 straight months?) of playing castle wars?

A lot of these things do take time, i.e 4k chompy kills, all the various quests/minigames/etc but honestly - 5k castle wars?

That's a little bit over the top.

capt%20kevin.png

I meant enjoying Castle Wars, not RuneScape in general.

Like, when you play sport at an amateur level. It's not with a view to gaining something else. It's just for the love of the game. Probably because sport is designed with an aim to facilitate enjoyable experiences, in other words people play sport not because they expect a reward but because they don't and much of the enjoyment comes from experiencing how the game plays out. Any consequent reward is a bonus. Since CW is a competitive minigame, or at least is meant to be, the same would apply.

Those playing CW for the sake of playing CW wouldn't care about setting a target for this cape, since they wouldn't find the setting of specific targets as enjoyable. Setting predictable targets which involve playing an unpredictable game like CW bastardises the whole point of why the minigame was made. That reason above all else is why the requirement should be removed.