Making Spec Restore potions

Well, I'm raising herblore now and making the untradable potions, as per Nifflin's advice (Thank you, Nifflin!). But I'm at an impasse with the Spec Restores. I dont do boss hunts since I have unstable Internet connection. My main moneymaker is frosties (~1-2m/hr depending on amount of botters there), which I can do with relative safety even with occasional disconnects/lags.

My question:

1) Are they viable to use at frosties?

2) Are there occasions where I'd still be using spec restores?

3) I do intend to get back to slayer. At least 93 slay or higher, to max melee and get yak. Would there be tasks that I use spec restores?

4) If not 2k, what would be a more appropriate amount for me based on the above situations?

Thanks for the advices!

The very best way to get high herblore is to just make your most efficient pots (use the Grimy sheets to determine this) until you can make spec rests and super antifires. Then make around 1k super antifires for slayer and 2k or so spec rests, then I would make 1k of each extreme with 2k of extreme attack and strength. This should put you around where you need to be to stew to overloads (91+ herblore), then you just make overloads as you need them.

This will give you good supplies for slayer (extreme strength and attack) as well as for boss hunting (overloads) while wasting money as little as possible. Cleaning herbs is almost never worth it, mixing your own potions can be if you have the herblore scroll. Really make sure you get that as it should save you millions and millions on the road to 99 berlore.

Use boosts in order to start making the untradeable potions asap.

Making every super potion will use a lot more money then making your most efficient potion, selling them, then buying ingredients for extremes.

Also make sure to get the herblore scroll from dungoneering, it will save you millions on the road to 99.

TL;DR Making supplies for untradeable potions will waste a lot of money. Make your most efficient potion then buy supplies for extremes.

The main principle behind making untradable potions is this: you'll probably need/make them someday, and if you decide that you want them after you already have 99 herblore, then you're "wasting" very expensive experience. So even if you don't find them much use at frosts, you'll want them sooner or later for various reasons.

Personally I have a decent amount of spec restores banked, but I don't use them on slayer/etc. If I recall correctly, tests have shown that while extra dragon claw specs can speed up low-level PVM, they only help if you are *very* quick in switching weapons/clicking, and even then it's like a 1-2% DPS increase per hour. IMO you're better off saving them for bosses and/or PvP.

If you intend to do a *lot* of frosts, you could always make more super antifire, but 1,000 of those will last for a very long time.

Edit: If you really expect to never do much bossing or PvP, I don't think you lose much by doing some regular potions for an extra level or two in the 80s. The really important part IMO is using extreme attack/strength/defence/magic/ranged to level as much as possible. Personally, I made about 2.6k extreme attacks, strengths, and rangeds, and around 1.7k extreme def/mage. This gave me supplies for 1k 4-dose overloads along with 1k 4-dose extreme attack/strength/ranged, with 250 4-dose def/mage. I haven't yet had much use for the overloads, so most of those supplies are still banked without the torstols added. Hope this helps.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

To be honest, from my experience (99 herblore). I pretty much NEVER used my spec restores. And I do go boss hunt and stuff (Arma,corp, etc..) but I never brought any spec restores on the trip.

I mainly used spec restores as a way to train herblore pretty cheap. I got like 6k (4) sittin in my bank that aren't gonna go anywhere...

Ltgen_Singh.png

Capture_Copy.png

all_99.png

Thanks for the tips. Guess I'll make only a bit. Maybe just 1k, so I'd end up with 750 (4 dose).

Untradeable pots are killing my nice looking cash pile..and it cant be noted for decanting!!! :(

Make them. I didn't make very many because I, like you, didn't see myself needing many. Then I started nexing, where you use 8 a trip. Oops!

Some day you will want a lot of spec restores. Don't screw yourself over by thinking you won't.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Well, this hiccup is only for my short term goal. I'd rather not spend too much on herblore now since I want ss/turm after this, and then yak.

Maybe I could adjust my pot-making sequence to accommodate for like 3k spec restores on the way to overloads? (Already made 1k)