Megan is Missing

Nifflin

I just saw this movie. Of all the grisly horror, gore threads, and psycho thrillers I have seen, this scared me the most. If anybody else who has seen it would like to talk about it I would be very open to that. I need some help to comprehend this, to like come to terms with it. If anybody could offer that I would appreciate it.

If I'm not supposed to post about these types of movies on here then I understand and please hide this thread mods.

Edit: I've since come to terms with it but if anyone has anything to say about it...

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Oh man. That was... bad. I can't honestly say it's the worst I've seen but... [cabbage]. I don't even know how to help. Supposedly it's based on a true story... I just can't even think about it.

PM me for fitocracy invite

lolwut.

I'mma have to look this movie up later.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

never heard of it, people seemed shocked and appalled by it though.

Is this like an I spit on your grave type/hostel film?

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

2 popular 14 year olds are drinking, going to parties and flirting, things good girls that age shouldn't do. They also chat on the internet. With people they don't know. One of them goes missing after meeting her chatting boyfriend irl and then you see some footage of her...

[spoiler ALERT]

Being locked in a barrel for about 15 mins, screaming. And then she dies.

Very uncomfortable scene. That's why I don't watch movies like this normally.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I found it a lot worse then I Spit on Your Grave or Hostle. It's because it felt very real to me, like it could be happening to my little sister who is about that age.

Mab, watch it to the end then comment.

PM me in game anytime

Who is this mab you're speaking of? And I only watched it cuz some of my friends were watching it while me some of my other friends (who don't enjoy rape scenes) were playing poker.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I didn't see it but I saw the trailer. It seems more real than a lot of the other movies, so I'd imagine it'll be a lot worse to watch.

I might check it out to see though.

j0xPu5R.png

It is very real. You know how you can just tell when something is a movie and when it's a home video? Well, this movie looks more like a home video (it mostly is anyway).

The worst part I'd say is when you see inside the barrel. Jesus, that was bad.

Okay, I watched it.

I'm a horror fan and a cinema lover.

I've seen worse. But I can see why it affects people. The first 45 minutes were pretty lackluster. The party scenes were tame, scripted and those couldn't really be too controversial. KIDS is a film that much more realistically captured teen partying with dire consequences. Hell to a degree the movie Keith portrayed teen problems better. The shy girl was likeable, but the wild party girl was pretty hateable, she was built up to a level where she annoyed me greatly. The first 40ish minutes was the equivalent of watching a documentary on two BFF's.

Then comes the "pictures" around the 50-60 minute mark. I found it somewhat repulsive it blamed the "Fetish" community for the pictures as a method of circulation 1) that's shallow as thats beyond "normal" or "accepted" fetishism. those pictures - especially the first bordered on obscenity and would likely never circulate on your average "Fetish" site. I've seen fetish sites shut down for less. That being said - i've seen more extreme pictures - both of gore and "Fetish" activities browsing 4chan out of boredom.

Next comes the cell scenes - which are fairly boring and no more disturbing than numerous other films.

The Rape scene - was very brutal, I have to admit, it made me flinch - but it will never surpass the original last house on the left (the grainy film made it all too real) - Or Salo which is on the criterion label (check your country, as it's banned in some still i think). I mention that one because you stand a strong chance of encountering it in a university film class.

The barrel scene was disgusting - but I can name multiple horror movies in the last decade with more gore and disturbing images of dead people (hostel 1,2, saw 1-6, night of the demons remake, Dark Reel, human centipede. I actually forgot a few in the middle of my thought here, dang) To be honest, episodes of CSI and BONES have disturbed me more than that scene.

The digging scene...well...that was awkward. the reaction didn't seem natural and the fact it dragged on for 12 minutes seemed overly excessive. if someone put me in a barrel, under those circumstances, i'd probably me distraught over whats in the barrel with me - the begging seemed very...unrealstic? she said i love you like 2-6 times? seemed very unusual and fake. Wouldn't she be out of air?

I can see why the film could be disturbing, but overall felt it was a cheesy exploitation film that has no artistic or worthwhile value.

I own some horrible movies (Sci fi originals, Spit on your grave) and personally feel this is worse than most B or C list horror movies.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I don't think anyone thinks it's a good movie. Just a bit shocking to those who haven't lurked enough. I have to say though, after my initial shock, it wasn't that bad. The Dnepropetrovsk murder video is far more gruesome.

lame film

Abraham Lincoln

What the [bleep] was this?

Watched the first 40 minutes and turned it off, don't even wanna get to the "controversial" scenes, probably weren't very well done, just like the first part of the movie.

Staurolite.png

The ending is what gives it its punch. Sorry people here seemed to hate it, it weirded me out. I hope nobody feels like I wasted their time.

PM me in game anytime