Old Runescape or new runescape?

looololol

Old vs New  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer old runescape or new?

Yes, another old runescape thread. Title says all.

Do you prefer the Runescape with the grand exchange,new graphics, items, and the community it has today? (2008-present)

Or do you like the old runescape with the old graphics, old ways of doing things, and the old community it once had? (2004-2007)

old:

rg59jq.png

new:

110609225043.png

Honestly, there are features about both that I like.

I miss the way the old (pre-2007) RS used to be (or maybe just the way it seemed to be through the lens of nostalgia), the torn parchment look the chat box had and the way mining rocks were all one colour instead of just coloured lines.

I like the way the GE changed buying/selling items (I *really* hated saying "buy/sell x" over and over again), the graphical improvements and they way they've updated the game and added more features while still retaining the same basic interface layout.

Is one better than the other? Without being able to switch between them to compare I really can't say.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I miss the way the old (pre-2007) RS used to be (or maybe just the way it seemed to be through the lens of nostalgia), the torn parchment look the chat box had and the way mining rocks were all one colour instead of just coloured lines.

I like the way the GE changed buying/selling items (I *really* hated saying "buy/sell x" over and over again), the graphical improvements and they way they've updated the game and added more features while still retaining the same basic interface layout.

Is one better than the other? Without being able to switch between them to compare I really can't say.

summed it up for me

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

summed it up for me

Me as well. Although I can't play on this computer anymore.

Yes, another old runescape thread. Title says all.

Do you prefer the Runescape with the grand exchange,new graphics, items, and the community it has today? (2008-present)

Or do you like the old runescape with the old graphics, old ways of doing things, and the old community it once had? (2004-2007)

I think you're missing a quite obvious option;

"Old runescape" is actually called RSC, and was pre-2004. And this is the obvious choice for superior game-play, community, and all-around awesomenoess. Unless you played, (as I did), during the period of Runescapes inception in early 2001 till it's demise with the release of RS2, you can't understand what the word "community" really means. When there was 5 servers, less then 10k active players, and you literally knew everyone playing; that was community.

I prefer the "new" Runescape as a game, since we have got a lot more and better content. However, I will admit that I miss the old community. Including my old friends that are no longer part of this game.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I prefer the "new" Runescape as a game, since we have got a lot more and better content. However, I will admit that I miss the old community. Including my old friends that are no longer part of this game.

Agreed. For me, though, the crux of the game was the friends, so that's why I'd say that old was more fun, though by no means a better game.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

• 4 weeks later...

Old Runescape, that's when it was all about talking to randomers and learning all about the game, now, I find it rather boring, The only thing keeping me going is running a clan and being involved with them :)

Also, Old Dangerous Randoms, They were the good days.

coolte10.png