The Runar's DIY blog — OSRS ultimate ironman

Ultimate ironman sounds fun, explain a bit to someone who kinda wants to give it a proper try?

The main differences between normal and ultimate ironmen are that ultimates cannot use the bank, lose all their items on death, cannot get resources from Miscellania and have a much cooler icon.

To play efficiently, you have to keep your inventory as empty as possible. There are a few ways to store items that you don't need right now, like the looting bag which stores 28 tradable items, but the only way to get your stuff out is to suicide.

Some skills, such as agility, hunter and thieving are easy to train without a bank, but others (for example crafting and especially herblore) are very difficult. Combat skills are pretty much the same as on a normal ironman, though bosses are trickier to kill.

A little bit of starting advice: try to do all quests with item restrictions ASAP. These include Recruitment Drive, Fremennik Trials, Waterfall and all Entrana quests.

For some reason I felt like doing a saradomin trip on Old Runar. First kill in probably over six months:

VThG9xZ.png

Later:

xrUGo6g.png

Can't wait to kill this boss on my ultimate ironman too. 52 herblore shouldn't be a problem if I do Legends' for 30k herblore xp and use all my harralanders/irits, but I really don't want to grind 62-70 agility :/

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing has happened recently, but I realized that I haven't made any "bank" pics yet on my ultimate so here's one :P

lrJHfID.png

I also have full (range) void and graceful set (as well as some easy clue rewards) stored in my house.

My next goals are:

• 66-70 strength for Warriors Guild food shop
  • Regicide so I can use "Zulrah bank"
  • Legends' Quest for 30k herblore xp
  • 62-70 agility for Sara gwd
  • dragon axe
I already have a nice stack of avantoes and ranarrs for Sara, but I'll probably need some better equipment... a few more defence levels wouldn't hurt either :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

Recently there was an update which allows you to have multiple incomplete books so I can actually use this page. Too bad I've probably already dropped a full set of sara pages -.-

8KJ9JtN.png

I also have three armadyl pages in my looting bag so I hope I'll get the last one soon.

I don't need this amulet for anything :( Trimmed glory would be nice though...

H0TDbec.png

Warriors' guild unlocked! I'm not going to get any defenders yet but the food shop is really awesome. Tomorrow I'll do Regicide and then I'll go camp Rex :o

vukcF7X.png

NjImboW.png

I can now make all kinds of tabs (including house tele / bones to peaches) and store medium clue rewards (such as ranger boots) as well as all 3 void helms in the costume room. Time to train something else!

• 2 weeks later...

Got the void mage helm. One more to go!

y9sYarK.png

I decided to try killing Zulrah. I actually got two kills (first one with mage only, second with mage+range) though it's very inefficient even if I didn't die so much.

0GTVdrE.png

RBJqfSr.png

I don't think Zulrah is worth it on ultimate ironman without a trident which requires 87 slayer to get. I can't even use most of the drops yet. Oh well, it was still fun to try :P