Blake's DIY Blog - Started Ironman!

Gratz mate! I've just done Elemental Workshop 2, lvled crafting, 2 more levels to finish that clue scroll, and I've just done Lost City, easy quest lol. Gonna do loads of quests today and then update my blog. And yeah, do some fun stuff like questing which helps you gain loads of levels in no time ^^ I stopped mining iron ores cause it's boring after a while. Gonna probably do that later after questing. Anyway gratz on 1040 total and keep it up! :thumbsup:

Thanks! Sounds like you're pretty buys, and getting a lot of stuff done :thumbup: The mining does get boring, but the stuff you can make helps a lot.

Still doing RC, got up to 1m xp!! RC is my highest skill (like most people :P), at level 73 right now. I think after 75, 77, or 80, I'll get out of Runespan and start doing more fun/productive stuff haha. I've been busy on my main, BIake, because I only need 2 hunter levels on him to get my all skills 90+ cape. After that, I can spend more time on my DIY account!

d0Yxf.jpg

2s0cxth.png

Haha I guess, I'm just doing it because it's the most AFK thing I can do on this account, and that's what I need right now. But, starting tomorrow, I'm done with AFK stuff!! I'm going to start questing, leveling, and progressing a lot more :) After I kill the QBD on my main a few times, that is :P

Today, I got up to 77 RC, getting me the large pouch and blood runes. It's been a good day for unlocks, I never imagined having a rc level this high hehe. Then again, I made this account before Span was released.

Also got 38 agility, from a lamp.

2s0cxth.png

Busy day today! First off, got 79 RC. Don't feel like going to 80, even though I'm so close to wicked top :P

After that, had no idea what I wanted to do, so I did some slayer and got to level 39. Had Wall beasts, ghouls, gelatinous abominations, crawling hands. All pretty boring stuff. After that, I decided I wanted better RFD gloves.

So I did Demon Slayer, and Big Chompy Bird Hunting. I might have done another quest, but I forgot :P I freed Pirate Pete, Scratch Uglogwee, and right now I'm working on the requirements for Evil Dave. Shadow of the Storm and the Golem tomorrow, and then maybe Plague City/Biohazard and other requirements for lumby sage. I also got a new weapon from my spins today :D probably wont ever use it though.

I didn't get any levels from quest rewards :/ Total levels that I remember today -

39 Agility

79 RC

39 Slayer

47 Attack

46 HP

58 Combat

s9Qt0.jpg

xnqDS.png

2s0cxth.png

Didn't have a ton of time to play today, but still a very busy day!!

Continuing my goal from yesterday to get better RFD gloves, I set off to do a bunch of quests. Gertrude's Cat was up first, because I was in Varrock and I need to grow a cat for Evil Dave. After that, I set off with my new blue-grey kitten, now named Biskit, to do The Golem. It was a quick and easy quest, getting me a crafting and thieving level.

[hide=The Golem]5HItG.jpg[/hide]

After that, I needed to do Shadow of the Storm. Another moderately quick quest, with Biskit tagging along and eating all the trout that took forever to catch. The boss fight was a little hard; I tried magic at first, but that didn't work at all. I went back and got my ranged gear, and I did it after a half inventory of lobsters. I got a nice 10k Range xp from it, which left me at about ~500 xp from 50. I wish I had a MSB and blue dhide, any tips on how to get it would be great!

[hide=Shadow of the Storm]jkfRq.jpg[/hide]

Since Biskit wasn't all grown up yet for Evil Dave, I went to do the quest requirements for the Lumbridge Sage. I needed to do Murder Mystery, Witches House, Plague City and Biohazard. So, I did them :) Few random levels from rewards/SOF lamps, I'll post them after the quests. After that, the lumbridge sage quest was a quick upgrade for my RFD gloves

[hide=Sage]EumVb.jpg[/hide]

Biskit STILL isn't fully grown yet, so I finished the night with some slayer. Had a Wall Beast task, and got halfway through a Desert Lizard task. The lizards have some nice drops, surprisingly. I'll finish that, and Evil Dave tomorrow!

Here's a total recap of levels I got today:

58 Combat

48 Attack

48 Constitution

49 Range

26 Prayer

51 Magic

40 Agility

31 Thieving

43 Crafting

40 Slayer

After I finish Evil Dave, I'd really like to start Farming, one of my favorite skills. To farm, I need seeds. To get a lot of seeds, I need a good thieving level for master farmers. To get a thieving level, I need to do another favorite thing, Pyramid Plunder :D To do PP, I need to do Contact, Itchlarin's little helper, and maybe a couple others. So, that's my next goal!

It's nice how to just do a simple thing like Farming DIY, I need this whole chain of tasks, which helps me a ton in other areas :D

2s0cxth.png

Wow, nice progress man. I totally dig this blog.

Now for the magic shortbow, I guess there are 3 options

1. 80 fletching... yeah, that's high lol

2. level 3 clues, and probably your best bet of obtaining one

3. as far as I know, only 2 monsters drop it: spiritual rangers (listed as: rare and you need 63 slayer) and zamorak ranger (listed as very rare)

The blue dragonhide is only obtainable from crafting I'm afraid. You need 71 for the body, 68 for the chaps and 66 for the gloves.

I'll probably hunt some level 3 clues for the magic shortbow and wear my green dragonhide until I can wear black dragonhide (also obtainable from lvl 3 clues)

So good luck and gratz with all the progress you made

I figured that they would be pretty hard to get :/ oh well, I have my iron knives for now. I also found out you can get blue chaps from ecletic implings, might try that. Thanks for the post :^_^:

So, big update tonight! Lots of questing and levels :)

I started off the night by finishing my slayer tasks, Desert Lizards. Nothing exciting. However, when I went back to Zanaris bank (looking like a poor noob) this guy said hi, and to trade him. I did (out of curiosity), and he offered me 400k. Being DIY, there was no way I could accept. I'm sure he was very surprised when a level 55 with 200k total didn't accept a free 400k hehe. Here's the pic!

[hide=Trade offer]tQVBF.jpg [/hide]

After that, it was time for more questing. I needed to do Prince Ali Rescue for Itchlarin's Helper for PP, so I did that. Halfway through, Dingo Dave asked me if I wanted to do Heroes with him. Since we did Shield of Arrav together, and he's awesome, I figured I would. It seems fitting, the only trading I'll ever do in the game would be with another DIY player. We both needed Merlin's Crystal, and I needed some herblore levels, so we did those and got started!

It was a very easy and fast quest; I remember it taking a lot longer on BIake when I did it. I also remember taking forever and hating getting 53 fishing :P But, finished the quest, and got a few levels out of it! Also pictured is the second to last trade I'll ever do in the game (last was trading the candlestick over)

[hide=Heroes Quest]jVXst.jpg [/hide]

[hide=Last Trade Ever!]W83yD.jpg [/hide]

After that, I finished Prince Ali Rescue, bumping me over 100 Quest Points.

[hide=100 QP]p5JdC.jpg [/hide]

Somewhere in that mix, Biskit the kitty grew up! I was finally able to finish Evil Dave :D I did that, and got my addy gloves! These will be my highest for a while, until I can finish Monkey Madness or Legend's quest.

[hide=More RFD]BSWG9.jpg [/hide]

To finish off the night, I wanted some prayer XP. So, I set off to do Holy Grail. Another easy and quick quest, after kiting the Black Knight Titan. Here's the reward... and the 9 prayer level gain :) My final skills for the night are also pictured there.

[hide=Grail, Prayer, and ending skills]Ba3up.jpg

eDF3j.png [/hide]

So, here's a TLDR:

-Prince Ali Rescue

-Heroes Quest

-Evil Dave RFD

-Holy Grail

And the Skills I got today:

49 Attack

48 Defense

50 Ranged

34 Prayer

48 HP

26 Herblore

62 Cooking

42 Firemaking

46 WC

61 Combat

1087 Total

Lots of stuff done today! Also got a Rune Plate and Pick from SOF quest spins, with a Yew Short, to make placeholders in the bank. Things I want to do next is get all skills to 30, and then 40, while finishing Monkey Madness, and doing the desert quests up to Contact! to unlock PP.

Hope you guys liked the update! Tell me how you like the format of my last couple posts, if it's too wordy/picturey/story-ey or whatever.

2s0cxth.png

I'll do the full update tonight, but I just got this and need to post it - BLACK IBIS TOP AT 47 THIEVING!@!@!@!

I don't even have one piece on my 90+ thieving main, and the wikia says you average 1 piece every 8 million xp. I GOT ONE AT LVL 47 :D :D :D :D

EPqHr.jpg

2s0cxth.png

Thanks, I'm very happy about it :^_^:

So, here's the whole update for today! The goal was to finish Contact! so I could start PP, get my thieving level up, and steal some seeds from Master Farmers to start farming. This turned out, much to my surprise, to an 8 hour ordeal! I got a lot done though.

I started off by doing Itchlarin's Little Helper. It was a long, boring and tedious quest, but it had to be done. I think I got a thieving and agility level from the reward though.

[hide=Itchlarin's Little Helper]8kewU.jpg [/hide]

I then started Contact! and got a little of the way through it. Then, I was looking at the rewards, and I needed 30 summoning to use the combat lamp on it. I was at level 22, with only enough charms for 25. So, I went to do slayer for some charms. I got 100 ice warriors from vannaka, which drop lots of golds. Even though, it is excruciatingly slow gathering them. I did get a level 2 clue, with a crap reward though :/

[hide=Clue] 8kewU.jpg[/hide]

After that, I decided to do Making and Meeting History for the 2.5k xp reward, for summoning. They were pretty fun, and it was nice relearning history. With the reward, I got 27 summoning and 1100 total!

[hide=1100 and Meeting History]qH19i.jpg [/hide]

Then, I wanted to do Swept Away for those XP rewards. With that, it got me to level 30 summoning, just what I need!

So, I went back to finish contact!. I was reading the guide, and it said I wouldn't be able to do it without 40 prayer :evil: My prayer level was 34. So, I needed more XP lamps. I set off to do Troll Stronghold, to get the 2x 10k xp lamps. Also had to do Death Plateau. With the repeatable reward from death plateau, I got 24 con, 42 agility, and 27 herblore.

Here's Troll Stronghold and the prayer level.

[hide]v8QVq.jpg [/hide]

After that, I was FINALLY able to finish Contact!! I went to run through that dreaded pyramid for the fourth time. By the time I got to the end, the girl said I needed to talk to Osman, which I forgot to do <_< Did that, and came back to fight the boss, I ran out of prayer points, and had to tele <_< so, for the SIXTH time, I took the long run through the pyramid, and finally finished Contact! Got a bunch of nice levels from the reward.

[hide=Contact! and levels.]CcUn2.jpg[/hide]

Finally, it was time to level my Thieving at Pyramid Plunder. I decided to shoot for 48, because that was 10 levels over the Master Farmer requirement, and the potential level for double loot. At Level 47, I FOUND A BLACK IBIS TOP! The rarity of these parts is believed to be 1 in 8 million xp, and I got it around 80k :P so excited about it!

[hide=BLACK IBIS TOPS]RVs13.png

k0ETl.png [/hide]

And FINALLY, I was able to go to Master Farmers and start farming!! I got a few seeds, and planted them. I'm going to wait until tomorrow, it's bed time now! Here's 25 Farming, and my ending skills for the day. It looks like I got 53 levels today!! Holy Crap!

[hide=25 Farm, ending levels]xT2H5.jpg [/hide]

Again, nobody told me if they like this format, so please respond :unsure:

Real Life Stuff Update:

On Monday I'll be starting my internship as a Software Engineer, where I'll be working full time (not to mention, making bank!) so, I'll have less playtime.

2s0cxth.png

Daily Update! Today was more of a skilling day, with no quests done.

Started off with a bit of thieving and farming. Managed to get 30 farming! Only Herblore and construction left :)

[hide=30 Farm]WnaEc.jpg[/hide]

As I was thieving, I saw an Ecletic Impling I wanted to catch, so I set off to get 50 hunter. That was quick and easy. Oh, I also got a torstol seed!

[hide=Torstol] LShM5.jpg[/hide]

[hide=50 Hunt] 2Mxrr.jpg[/hide]

After that, I set off to Puro Puro to catch an Ecletic Impling. After 200 catches over 2.5 hours, I had still not gotten one! I had EVERY SINGLE DROP other than blue chaps, even 2 cut diamonds, and 3 battlestaves, both labeled "very rare" while blue chaps are just "rare". My inventory was full, so I grabbed the last 5 jars full of imps that I could, and teled out. When I could open them in the bank, on the last one, I got the chaps!! So lucky. I also got two sets of red spiky vambs :D A couple other upgrades too, like a candle lanturn. Pretty worthwile, also got 2 hunter levels just off imps.

[hide=Dhide]MX5BE.png [/hide]

Finally, after doing a farm run, I had enough stuff for 30 herblore. So, I got that. Just construction left to 30+!! I got 120 oak planks from Ecletic Imps, which is just the right amount. However, with the server problems, I was blackscreened and not able to log back in :( So, I'll have to finish that tomorrow. Night!

Levels today:

30 Herblore

32 Farming

34 DG

52 Hunt

51 Thieving

Also, saw this on my blog earlier :P

zlZ9w.png

2s0cxth.png

Small update because I'm on my phone, and don't have any pictures today. Didn't do much either, just all skills 30+ and a couple thieving and farming levels.

Going to bed now, first day of first internship tomorrow! Nervous :P

2s0cxth.png

Grats on all the levels!

As for blue d'hide you can get trimmed and gold from level 2 clues and it's not that rare lol.

And as for he guy offering 400k, I get that alot on my diy'er when I explain to people what it is. They think it's funny and I'm like... *bleep* yoooouuu.

Ah well... Good luck!

Kaiya_Tomiko.png Roky_X.png

Oh nice! I thought it was lvl 3 clues you got them from, so that's good. And, the guy offered me 400k before I told him I was DIY. He even accepted the second trade screen before I declined!

Thanks for the post :)

2s0cxth.png

• 2 weeks later...

So after a bit of an absence, I am back! I've been super busy, with my internship starting, brother's and sister's high school graduation, and family flying in for that graduation. We had 17 people in our house for 7 days... it was crazy! The internship is great so far though, I'm learning a ton. It's like I'm in my college classes, but the projects I'm working on are actual things that are going to be in the world, so that's cool. Plus, I get $20/hr for it :thumbsup: Currently learning web development, ASP.NET and C#.

So, back to RS! Tonight has been my first playtime except for spins. Speaking of spins, I had a great item tonight! Big upgrade for me :D

[hide=Spin Reward]CvWxA.png [/hide]

After that, I decided to tackle something relatively big for the night - Monkey Madness! I was only 4k xp from 43 prayer, so I decided to get that first. It will be a huge help for quests, etc!

[hide=43 prayer]lijOO.jpg [/hide]

Monkey Madness wasn't as hard or even as close to as long as it was on my main, only taking about 90 minutes.

[hide=Monkey Madness] gKvvw.jpg[/hide]

Got a lot of levels from the reward! Pretty happy about that :D Although, can't use the D Skimmy yet :(

[hide=Levels] FMpEU.jpg[/hide]

Other than that, I got a couple farming levels. Stocking up on herbs, limps, and useless allotment produce.

I can only play about an hour a night max, so i'm trying to be as productive as possible! Tomorrow, I'll probably do more quests.

Night!

2s0cxth.png

Kinda slow night, lots of irl stuff. Anyways, only picture-worthy thing was 69 combar, harhar

[hide=69]m35xN.jpg [/hide]

Other than this, I got -

33 herblore

52 hp

42 slayer

37(?) farm

43 agility

I'm falling behind all of the other diyers, I need to do lots of catching up!

Night everyone :)

2s0cxth.png