Botting in Runescape

Awolo

I think Rocked meant botting dungeoneering "successfully" i.e. getting good exp per hour with average time of 20 minutes/floor in a 5-man team.

A bot that does c6 solos/cooks food/makes armor sounds like terrible exp/hr. I'd be interested to know how long those 110+ people have had their bot running. It sounds like if anybody were to check their daily play times, they would far surpass a realistic human number. If that basic evidence hasn't been noticed I am very sad.

I think the better term you and Rocked are looking for is "efficiency" ...

Bots aren't necessarily efficient and they don't have to be. They simply "do things" -- in particular, those things that one would rather not be doing themselves.

<_<

Yeah, people bot because they would rather have the work done for them so that they can enjoy end game content(most people think that's the only thing fun about Runescape). They think "Why should I sit here and dungeoneer for 6 hours when I can just bot it for 24 hours and get the same exp. I can hang out with my friends and have fun instead for grinding."

I would also see a large amount of endgame interested players wanting efficient bots so they could bot less and get to that high level point sooner. If they are botting, their account is closed to them for whatever amount of time to train other things. Personally I would want that that time as short as possible. Not_trolling basically beat me to this post.

Just offering that perspective. I'm sure you are correct that many players have that mentality. I'm just sad that people would pay money for, in my opinion, a bad method for training. In the 513 hours that guy spent...he could have had that DG exp in a fraction of the time, having that many left over hours to enjoy the benefits as a legit player.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

I would also see a large amount of endgame interested players wanting efficient bots so they could bot less and get to that high level point sooner. If they are botting, their account is closed to them for whatever amount of time to train other things. Personally I would want that that time as short as possible. Not_trolling basically beat me to this post.

Just offering that perspective. I'm sure you are correct that many players have that mentality. I'm just sad that people would pay money for, in my opinion, a bad method for training. In the 513 hours that guy spent...he could have had that DG exp in a fraction of the time, having that many left over hours to enjoy the benefits as a legit player.

You wouldn't be enjoying your account when sleeping or at school anyway, so it's efficient to bot during times you can't be efficient.

who likes clue scrolls?

cluez.png

OP fabricating stats for dramatic effect :thumbup:

I didnt fabricate anything :o

90k/hr, for one

? I clearly stated that there was a thread that had a proggy of 90k/hr. Not sure if it was fabricated though.

I think Rocked meant botting dungeoneering "successfully" i.e. getting good exp per hour with average time of 20 minutes/floor in a 5-man team.

A bot that does c6 solos/cooks food/makes armor sounds like terrible exp/hr. I'd be interested to know how long those 110+ people have had their bot running. It sounds like if anybody were to check their daily play times, they would far surpass a realistic human number. If that basic evidence hasn't been noticed I am very sad.

I think the better term you and Rocked are looking for is "efficiency" ...

Bots aren't necessarily efficient and they don't have to be. They simply "do things" -- in particular, those things that one would rather not be doing themselves.

<_<

Yeah to successfully bot something, I'd expect more than 20% of the xp/hr that a decent human can maintain (60k vs 300k). You might as well make a bot that plants seeds and digs them up again, and say you have a farming bot.

lalalasig2.png

Hey somebody ran by me without saying hi, they must be a bot. :!:

FYI don't use fun bots, thats stupid.

It's all about efficiency and opportunity cost.

Just think of all the time you are losing by not playing and having a bot that does things the non efficient way...

On a serious note though, you voted for it. :rolleyes:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I think we have more important things to worry about instead of bots. Like who is going to get the last cookie.

286931d1241484984-official-de-motivationational-picture-thread-fat-people-persistence-cookie-demotivational-poster.jpg

Tec106.png

The fact that nobody understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.

IT'S MINE! GIMME GIMME GIMME! :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

People will always want to bot, even if they get banned for any reason. Botters usually loose nothing because they botted their exp, they didnt work for it. With the only exception being stupid people botting on their mains.

Jagex just have to hire people with banhammers, i dont know how hard it is to hire homeless people, but i guess they would be happy for a little salary and food to work with banning bots. Identifying bots are dead simple...

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

^

The day bots can do Nex as a coordinated team without a hitch is the day that I will bot.

If there are bots that do TDs flawlessly, a Nex bot can just as easily be created... Trust me.

I brought this idea up less than six months ago -- and the two of you scoffed at it back then. Now Ring says he'll bot and you say it's entirely possible ... <_<

Scoffed at what? I know and have seen boss hunting bots run flawlessly first hand. I've seen TD bots, Bandos bots, etc, in use since shortly after the release of TDs. Lol.

09144a99bb.png

Doesn't really concern me. You can't successfully bot dungeoneering, and even if you could, I play this game to achieve personal goals (and blow off steam/stress from life), not try to reach some prestige.

•Flawless room detection and door opening

•All 6 complexities supported

•All 60 floors are fully supported

•All 40 puzzle rooms are solvable

•All 30 boss battles are individually scripted

•Advanced exploration methods - capable of solving any dungeon

•Maximize your experience by opening every explorable room in every dungeon

•Full prayer & curses support for the boss battles and toughest monsters

•Attack style switching – knows the best way to kill each monster

•Armor improving – wields & upgrades armor along every floor

•Skiller support - Achieve a Dungeoneering cape on your level 3

•Food preparation

•Melee, range, magic and backup combat support

•Gatestone & groupstone teleporting

•An incredible interactive paint

•Customizable rush settings – skip through rooms, rush designated floors, etc

•Automatic weapon and armor binding – upgrades your gear with higher tiers of its type

•Fully failsafed to keep the script running for hours

•Prestiges and repeats endlessly

•All updates are free for life!

All from the paid dungeoneering script thread. In one of the threads people asked whats the highest dg level someone had that was 100% botted and there were various people with 110+ dg(one with 118) posting on the first few pages. Dungeoneering CAN be botted.

If you google the features, first link is said website. If you click feedback, it gets to the forums. There, there's a topic called "The REAL time to 99/120, Including Rising XP rates" that talks about xp rates and it says:

1-15: 3k/hour

16-40: 5k/hour

41-55: 8k/hour

56-70: 15k/hour

71-80: 20k/hour

81-85: 27k/hour

85-90: 32k/hour

91-100: 35k/hour

101-105: 45k/hour

106-115: 50k/hour

115+: 53k/hour

That seems to be correct because a 117 dger replied and said he/she was getting 55k/h.

So it's not 90k/h, but 50k/h at high lvls.

Not that it matters, but I went to check it out when I read 90k/h, that just seemed way too high to be true.

2480+ total

Who likes barrows?

barrowsr.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thats an extra 40k items in the game and the bots only been out less then a month now. Check bolt racks price you can tell when it was introduced.

Thats a huge load of GP. O__O 52b?? (yes, I know it's all users, but still)

Does the 5302 in the timer mean days? Days/hours/minutes/secs? O_O

I don't think I would trust a bot on a dangerous area like barrows >_>

99 attack-34,104th to 99 attack.

spirittrack.png

A_Spirit_God.png

I had an account that recently got a 2 week ban for botting, and it was unbanned today. To my surprise, there was literally no punishment after that. All my stats were intact, and I didn't lose any members credit. I didn't bot, but I'm disappointed in Jagex, because if I did, there'd be nothing stopping me from doing it again.

You don't understand though. They can run that bot 24/7 which is around 2,160,000 exp a day. Do you get 2m exp while dunging daily? Doubt it. To everyone else, doesn't it bug you that someone can train and get higher stats/levels without even putting effort into it?

Why should I care that someone's so desperate for virtual 'achievements' that they get a program to play for them?

I play to have fun, not to be better than everyone else. The feeling of accomplishment when I complete a goal of mine/reach a specific goal is enough for me. ;)

:thumbsup:

Thumbs up to this!

You don't understand though. They can run that bot 24/7 which is around 2,160,000 exp a day. Do you get 2m exp while dunging daily? Doubt it. To everyone else, doesn't it bug you that someone can train and get higher stats/levels without even putting effort into it?

Why should I care that someone's so desperate for virtual 'achievements' that they get a program to play for them?

I play to have fun, not to be better than everyone else. The feeling of accomplishment when I complete a goal of mine/reach a specific goal is enough for me. ;)

:thumbsup:

Thumbs up to this!

Example: Someone only plays this game for bossing and pking. He's currently soloing the mole with his lvl 60 stats and pking with his dlong because he hates training. He sees thousands of bots at masterfarmers, training slayer(while he's trying to get his combat stats up to boss more), and whiles he's trying to train range up at the ranging guild he sees even MORE BOTS. Eventually he believes that everyone who has high stats must have botted and it's not against the rules. He goes to said bot site and maxes out all of his combat skills in around 3 months while you haven't gotten 1 99 in a year or playing. Wouldn't that make other legit 'in-the-making' bossers and pkers jealous and then cause them to bot which eventually would start a domino effect? Then everyone who plays rs in a few years will bot their stats due to it being so common while strolling around rs and rs is a dead game.

Yea some people play to level their stats and all but the majority play for competition and endgame content and soon the only way to keep up will be to play 10 hours a day or bot. I'm personally a pure who likes to mini and cant be bothered to do castle wars for a halo because it's way too time consuming. 9/10 of my friends lists bots and one of them is maxed stats and 112 dung all off bots. It makes me mad because he has all the offensive chaotics/halo/max cash and more to spare without even working for it while I'm not even maxed, no halo, and I have less opportunity to have fun in the game compared to every other botter in the game. Does this mean I should bot to keep up? Enlighten me.

In Wicked's case he likes to boss, but TD bots that crowd the spawns and lower the claw prices take out the fun in the game. How do you think he feels about 17m claws(ik he stakes for msot of his cash-pro stalker-but I bet he would have a lot more fun if claws were valued higher. Bots ruin the game for everyone whether you think so or not.

Another example: Bob just spent 2 years of casual RS playing to finally achieve full Profound Armour and a Zamorak Halo. All the time he was logged in he was at castle wars having a fun time. When he finally gets his prestiged armour, his friend pms him that he jsut found this awsome Castle Wars bot. Bob doesn't think much of it because he knows that his friend will get banned, so he obiviously warns him to stop botting or face the consequences. One month has passed and his friend has had his private chat off the whole time. Bob notices him log on and asks him how he's doing. His friend replies, "L0L dude jsut botted full profound, was suicide botting the whole month lololo." His friend keeps bragging about it over the next few months and Bob feels a little disturbed that his friend still hasnt been banned. Bob then goes to try and get 120 dg he works for 5 months and finally gets 99 after casual gaming. He notices his friend came to his party in a 120 dung cape and full profound. They both started the goal of 120 dg at the same time so how could his friend get 120 dg faster? He can keep his bot on for 24 hours while Bob can only dg for 3 hours a day gaining around 500k exp and his friend is gaining 1200k exp a day without even working. A few months pass and Bob gives up hope on Jagex banning his friend. He then ragequits or starts botting because of half of his friends list is gaining 99s faster than he could imagine by botting and his old 'accomplishments' are now dwarfed by everyone elses. The domino effect then again will spread and RS will die because of the amount of bots.

Bottings honestly gotten to the point where when I post a 90+ stat pic on my clan forums they ask me what bot I used. So pathetic.

In Wicked's case he likes to boss, but TD bots that crowd the spawns and lower the claw prices take out the fun in the game. How do you think he feels about 17m claws(ik he stakes for msot of his cash-pro stalker-but I bet he would have a lot more fun if claws were valued higher. Bots ruin the game for everyone whether you think so or not.

I would think I was a big cause of claws dropping to 16 or 17M. :P.

Then again, I think the reason they were high before was this: How are claws lost in the game? When they held 32M, they were lost in PvP. If you killed someone and they lost claws, you rarely got them as the drop. Now, not many claws are disappearing.

You also get people like me getting a very steady 30+ pairs a month...

09144a99bb.png

I would think I was a big cause of claws dropping to 16 or 17M. :P.

Then again, I think the reason they were high before was this: How are claws lost in the game? When they held 32M, they were lost in PvP. If you killed someone and they lost claws, you rarely got them as the drop. Now, not many claws are disappearing.

You also get people like me getting a very steady 30+ pairs a month...

would still be higher cost if less there were less botters

Edit: Did some research and the 3 main botting sites didn't have TD bots and there were threads saying it would be impossible to make because there was no way to predict what combat style it would use next. There are probably more advanced botting sites(cant mention; hint: rid are the initials) that aren't as popular that might have a script like that. highly doubt it due to the feedback on those threads though. Maybe those 'bots' were jsut extremely anti-social