"Karil's bombing the Middle East" ~Leik - #1 Bad Maxer - 2595/2595

Max Cape Vote!  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which Max Cape Design to go for? (Other choices shall be added if suggested)

• Patriotic Cape - Red, White, Blue.
    • Becca's Cape - Pink, Pink, Pink.
    • Subjugation Cape - Blood Red, Black.
    • Auror's Cape - Green, Pink, Black.
    • Tan's Lannister Cape - Gold and Red.
    • Q's Cape of Redness - Deeper saturation for darker/deeper Red.
    • Kim and Aiel's Sceptical "Ian wont Max" Cape of nothingness.

Chant For Ezkaton

harsho.png

^ Just about sums up this blog :D

ezkaton.png

Wicked's Work ^

4/8/2014 - 11518th Player to Archieve the Maximum Total Level 2595

26/6/2013 - 6272nd Player to Achieve the Maximum Total Level 2496:

LGigqKV.pngc1rHr6Z.png

xsFas2P.png

6/5/2013 - All 90+

mlTboOi.jpgPl7Uo4V.jpg

INTRODUCTIONS:

[hide][hide=REAL LIFE]Hey there.

I guess if you are reading this then I had better tell you stuff about me then? :P So let's get started :)

Most people on these forums or on RuneScape call me Ezk or E... The E is an even shorter version of Ezk, but the main reason it stuck is because my real name is Ian and for my hallmates in my first year of University that name was just too long, so they shortened it. :P

I recently turned twenty and am kinda between homes at the moment. For 33 weeks of the year I live in a small Welsh village/town (it's odd - it's too big to be a village, yet too small to be a town) called Lampeter attending the University there - which is technically the third oldest institution in the UK and oldest in Wales. For all the other weeks I live at home with my parents in the small Marcher City of Hereford on the Welsh border.

Little about me:

Well, my hobbies include Medieval re-enactment, going to various castles, abbeys, and churches around England, and I have a large partiality to geology. I also have a growing autograph collection which I've posted on another kind of blog thing which I'll probably drag into this one :D

Aspirations: Doctor/Professor Bass one day maybe? Haha! God knows.... But definitely going for a Masters in Medieval History and the possibly onto teaching at a sixth form level to gain a bit of money before even considering a Ph.D.

Favourite music genre is Metal with Killswitch Engage, Machine Head and Lamb of God making up my top three bands. Currently playing a lot on my iPod is the album Constellations by August Burns Red.

Sport: Favourite to watch is Formula One. It's just so amazing... I do play football and run and such in some of my spare time.

Favourite Books: Well most things historical have my interest, but I do have a bit of a love affair with King John, Saints Cults and the Crusades... The latter are the two most pivotol things in Medieval History in my opinion, and you can find out so much just from reading a little bit. This extends to the fictional side of reading too with Robyn Young's Brethren Trilogy (Brethren, Crusade, Requiem) and Jack Whyte's Templar Trilogy (Knights of the Black and White, Standard of Honor, Order In Chaos) being amongst my favourite books. Of course I have the entire Lemony Snicket collection and Harry Potter collection too. Also the classic Chronicles of Narnia are there as well :D

Favourite Films: Too many to list :P Recently though Ironclad was IMMENSE... And recently I bought Disney's Sword in the Stone, The Black Cauldron and Fox and the Hound... Nothing like a bit of nostalgia eh? :D
[/hide]

[hide=FAVOURITE MEDIEVAL QUOTE] NO OFFENCE IS INTENDED IN THIS QUOTE:

I don't quite know why it's my favourite quote... I guess it's just because my love affair with the Crusades and this epistomises the carnage that occurred in Jerusalem in 1099...

Raymond d'Aguiliers: Historia francorum qui ceperint Jerusalem:

"What happened there? If I tell the truth, it will exceed your powers of belief. So let it suffice to say this much, at least, that in the Temple and porch of Solomon, men rode in blood up to their knees and bridle reins. Indeed, it was a just and splendid judgment of God that this place should be filled with the blood of the unbelievers, since it had suffered so long from their blasphemies. The city was filled with corpses and blood."[/hide]

[hide=MY DEGREE]Well, as given away by my Forum title - I am a medievalist :P I am heading into my third year of a Medieval Studies degree at Lampeter and as said, I am hoping to continue it and do a Postgraduate Masters at either Aberystwyth or Lampeter.
Being a third year means that it is dissertation year... Which is basically a 10,000-12,000 word piece of original work on a topic of your choice. I decided that Hereford had such an epic vibrant history why not do something on it? I started my research before I went into my second year and discovered what I wanted to do it on.

The official title of my work is:

'A Window into the Medieval Mind: The Study of a Saints Life, Death and Miracles.'

It is what it says it is :P I am studying the Life, Death and Miracles of Thomas de Cantilupe a thirteenth century bishop of Hereford who was canonized in 1320. The main aim is to study is to be divided into three parts. Firstly that of his young life, political connections to Simon de Montfort, and rise to become Chancellor of England and Keeper of the King's Seal. Secondly his time as Bishop of Hereford and the disputes he became embroiled in. Finally, his death in Italy and the miraculous cult that followed soonafter in Hereford where his bones were buried. So it's a very large broad topic, yet very intricate... And also studying Manuscript sources is very very HARD!

Depending on what you guys think I might actually post some of my work here... I'm also currently working on writing an article for my Universities Journal of Research which I might run through here :P
[/hide]

[hide=RUNESCAPE]I've been playing Runescape since one of my close real life friends introduced me to it in 2008... Parents had been mega strict and were on a "We don't need the internet so you wont have it until you NEED it" mindframe so finally when I reached first year of College it could no longer wait... I NEEDED the internet for it. So they got it and my friend got me onto RS. He and I were going through a bit of a Behemoth phase, but he had joined years before me, calling his account Libertherme. I decided that I'd see what names were available and the first I tried was Ezkaton - after the Behemoth song: Chant for Ezkaton 2000 C.V. - and I got it. So it stuck.... Not many people actually know that about my name, but occasionally I'll wander around a world and someone will tell me that Behemoth is their favourite band or my name is epic due to the song :P

I'm a PvMer through and through, though my current goal is Max Cape... BUT! My original goals in RS was for me to get the elusive Smithing Cape... Dunno why, but Smithing has always been my favourite skill... I love it even more than I love Slayer. My favourite skills are Smithing, Slayer, Fishing, Crafting and Dungeoneering. And my least favourite are Hunter, Thieving and Runecrafting...

After I hit 99 Slayer and 100 Dungeoneering I decided to dedicate a load of my time and resources to getting better stats and trying to hit at least 2250 total by the end of the year, and so I guess I can use this blog to keep track of that goal which is currently at 2190ish total :D

My current 99's occurred in this order: Defence, Smithing, Attack, Constitution, Strength, Slayer, Dungeoneering.

And I'm hoping to get 99's in Range, Prayer, Mage, Herblore, Crafting, Fletching, Fishing, Cooking, Firemaking, Woodcutting, Farming, Summoning over this coming year (well by January 1st 2013).
[/hide]

[hide=TIP.IT]My time on Tip.It was started, again, by Libertherme. He and a few of my other College friends put me onto Tip.It in general so I could look things up and figure stuff out and soonafter I meandered onto the Forums joining and pestering the poor people at Help and Advice ;) This place has practically become a second family to me with me meeting loads of good people who are some of the best acquaintances you can ever imagine having.

When the recent Moderator Trainee application thingy happened I jumped at the chance: primarily because everyone here has been so good to me, I wanted to be able to give something back to this community. I was really surprised but extremely happy to have came back from Hereford Cathedral Library one day to find a message from Tripsis telling me I was successful! :D So here goes with giving something back to you lovely, amazing people <3:
[/hide][/hide]

ME:

[hide]
Decided that even though I posted these in IRL pic thread and on Facebook they can go here too showing you, me doing a "Historians Documentary Pose" :P

Reason behind it - Most of my friends at Uni reckon that sometime during my life I'll become a professor of medieval history and end up on the BBC making a documentary about something awesome and medieval... So for the lulz and to appease them I decided that whenever I visit historical places on holiday I'll have a few snaps of me doing my Historians Documentary Pose. I guess I can dream of my own documentary one day eh? :D

So here are a few of my favourites....

Strata Florida Abbey, me in a window:

dscf0867pq.jpg

Strata Florida Abbey, me being "windswept and interesting" (not my words but Draz's and a few others):

dscf0896f.jpg

Saint David's Bishops Palace, me up a tower:

dscf1073h.jpg

Saint David's Bishops Palace, me further up that tower:

dscf1075p.jpg

And after the day at Saint David's I decided to kick back on the way home and... Well... Mount a cannon at Fishguard Bay :3

dscf1194w.jpg

[/hide]

AUTOGRAPH COLLECTION

[hide]Well, a few years ago I joined a site called fanmail.biz and started sending off fanmail in the hope that I could build up an autograph collection. Last summer didn't go so well in terms of successes with only 1 out of the 10 or so I sent off coming back, but I decided to give it another shot this summer. So I was telling Shyla's chat just now about getting Dawn French's back this morning, and Roger Lloyd Pack's yesterday and they prompted me to make a blog post about it... So here it is. It's fairly small atm, but I'm hoping to make it larger as time goes on....

Imageshack gave up the ghost after uploading the majority of these, so I used Tinypic for a few... Therefore some of the pictures are much larger than the others.

Anyways here goes:

#1. Team Xterminator from Robot Wars... My year 6 teacher got this for me one Christmas because she knew how much I loved Robot Wars, and her husband worked with the guys who made this one. Also being from Hereford myself the team were always special as my home team ;)

xterminator.jpg

#2. Craig Charles.

2rqm428.jpg

#3. Within Temptation band... Came with The Heart of Everything a few years back.

withintemptation.jpg

#4. Steve Irwin.

steveterriirwin.jpg

#5. Boris Johnson.

borrisjohnson.jpg

#6. Richard Armitage - First real success at sending off fanmail. I had asked for 2 photos because mum wanted one too, and he sent back two. So it was a happy day :D

richardarmitagee.jpg

#7. Billie Piper.

apci0z.jpg

#8. Keira Knightley.

kieraknightly.jpg

#9. David Tennant - I actually wrote back to him again later that same year for a friend and he sent back another signed photo of him addressed to that friend.

11j4tbo.jpg

#10. Emma Watson.

emmawatsons.jpg

#11. Michael J. Fox.

michaeljfox.jpg

#12. Eve Myles.

evemyles.jpg

#13. Carmen Electra.

carmenelectra.jpg

#14. Nicholas Cage.

nicolascagek.jpg

#15. Angelina Jolie.

angelinajolieeh.jpg

#16. Jenifer Aniston.

jeniferaniston.jpg

#17. Sir Ian McKellen... Because I send the SASE addressed to Mr I. Bass I was surprised to find he had written in the an on the envelope too! Was very special to me :3

ianmckellen.jpg

#18. John Challis.

johnchallis.jpg

#19. Gary Lineker.

garylineker.jpg

#20. Andy Murray.

10olamv.jpg

#21. Dame Judi Dench.

judidench.jpg

#22. James May.

jamesmay.jpg

#23. Freema Agyeman.

freemaaman.jpg

#24. Rachel Hunter.

rachelhunter.jpg

#25. Kenneth Branagh.

2ibkjh2.jpg

#26. Christopher Ecclestone.

2qb9b2p.jpg

#27. Roger Lloyd Pack.

2h6roue.jpg

#28. Dawn French.

mvqikw.jpg[/hide]

STATS
(Gona try this out of hide tags for a bit)
CURRENT:
Ezkaton.png

STARTING AUGUST 15 2011: Year Later: August 15 2012
levelscreen.pngW7g8X.png

GOALS

[hide][hide=MAIN GOALS]99's in Range, Prayer, Mage, Herblore, Crafting, Fletching, Fishing, Cooking, Firemaking, Woodcutting, Farming, Summoning over this coming year (well by January 1st 2013).[/hide]

[hide=SECONDARY GOALS]All 80+, Farming juju, 2300 total[/hide][/hide]

ACHIEVEMENTS

[hide]
16/8/11 -- 70 RunePenguincrafting
15/8/11 -- Started this blog!
11/6/2011 -- 100 Dungeoneering
2/6/2011 -- 99 Dungeoneering
25/5/2011 -- Chaotic Longsword
22/5/2011 -- Chaotic Crossbow
17/5/2011 -- Chaotic Maul
17/5/11 -- 100m on XP counter (has not been reset since release)
7/5/2011 -- 99 Slayer
3/5/2011 -- Chaotic Rapier
1/4/2011 -- 92 Prayer
14/3/11 -- 99 Strength
7/2/11 -- 99 Consititution
31/1/11 -- 99 Attack
16/1/2011 -- 96 Summoning
8/1/2011 -- 92 Slayer... Half way!
19/12/2010 -- 99 Smithing
2010 sometime... -- Progressed on RS a fair bit though!
2009 sometime... -- 99 Defence[/hide]

SCREENSHOTS

[hide][hide=99 Smithing]99smithingh.png[/hide]

[hide=92 Slayer]

92_slayer_2.png[/hide]

[hide=96 Summoning]96_summoning_2.png[/hide]

[hide=99 Attack]med_gallery_175422_365_253389.png[/hide]

[hide=99 Constitution[]99hpt.png[/hide]

[hide=99 Strength and Maxed Melees]maxedmelees.png[/hide]

[hide=99 Slayer]99slayer.png

99slayer2.png

99slayercape.png[/hide]

[hide=99 Dungeoneering]99dungeoneering.png[/hide]

[hide=100 Dungeoneering]100dungeoneering.png[/hide]

[hide=120 Dungeoneering]
68q9G.png

uFgyA.png

mDsYj.png[/hide]
[/hide]

Max Cape Vote:

BTW... I want people's opinions... I was bored of essaying/helping Becca pack and designed a Max Cape that I'd like... What do you guys think? Or what colours should I use?

SOFOX9n.jpg

Becca's suggestion D:

QMY3rRj.jpg

Also... Was thinking of buying Subj for fashionscape once max and having this design:

ciJZ8jx.jpg

Auror's Suggestion.

x44gDAd.png

Tan's Lannister Cape:

KJNqIZP.png

SPECIAL THANKS

Well thanks to all of you who bother to actually read and spam here :D It's very much appreciated and I love you all...

Thanks to these guys though too:

- Octarine, Drazhar44, Hunter Ghor and Glenbacon for being amazingly close friends both on Rune and in real life.

- Enaid Anwen for always telling me I'm mega inefficient (by the time I write this blog I bet you'll tell me how much xp I lost ;) ).

- Shyla for inspiring me to get 99 Smithing

- Rainy and Blood Angel for inspiring me to get 99 Slayer.

- Obt for helping me when I really needed it.

- Mr Greens, Zaaps, Mr Recci, Saradomin Mage (Grynwynwynwynwyn), Eyebeam and Rare Pain for taking me under your wings and teaching me that although my laptop may suck I can actually dungeoneer reasonably effectively.

- Serpent Eye because I stole your lay out etc for you blog :twisted: .

- Wicked for that epic banner/siggy.

- Zokot for always believing in me.

- Naive, Dragonkng198, A Mace, Darkwitchery and Maddy <3: .

- Grimy Bunyip for teaching me efficiency :3

- Libertherme for getting me into this game in the first place!

- HYT FC for providing a fun and awesome environment in game that is an extension of this forums spirit.

- All my fellow trainee modlings for making the process so enjoyable and fun.

- And finally to the Tip.It admin for the chance to give something back to this community.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

2nd post!!! best moment of my life love u ezka <3

oh you <3:

2nd post!!! best moment of my life love u ezka <3

Love you both <3: :D

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

hey cool you made a blog. k. i shall check it every now and then.

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

Spam will start as soon as I'm back from Durham I'm sure <3

Sat in my brand new couch with a 5000" TV but no Internet :( xpwaste much ;) I'm make you a new blog cakeh and epic banner@@@@@@@@@@@@ y no ezykatun slayer avatar that I lovingly made? ;D

EDIT: Phone went crazy and triple-posted eek! Dem 3G connections..

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

hey cool you made a blog. k. i shall check it every now and then.

Yarly :D I'll update it with all sorts of random crap that you can spam :)

Sat in my brand new couch with a 5000" TV but no Internet :( xpwaste much ;) I'm make you a new blog cakeh and epic banner@@@@@@@@@@@@ y no ezykatun slayer avatar that I lovingly made? ;D

Yeahs blame the super-advanced-highly-technically-intelligent-phone you have ;) I'll believe you... And hehe I can't wait to see this banner! :D Though I think our quote up there is pretty damn awesome at summing up this blog! Many things > Me :P

nice triple post????????

U just jelly I gots moar posts den u. <3

Here to help *sly face*

Good luck though. :)

I c wat u did dere.... :P Thanks though man! :D Much appreciated.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Yeahs blame the super-advanced-highly-technically-intelligent-phone you have ;) I'll believe you... And hehe I can't wait to see this banner! :D Though I think our quote up there is pretty damn awesome at summing up this blog! Many things > Me :P

nice triple post????????

Here to help *sly face*

Good luck though. :)

I c wat u did dere.... :P Thanks though man! :D Much appreciated.

dw me,zaaps, and silent are spamming up my blog@@@

harpycopy.png

fyi, ladies dig the talons

Hot man of the Trickster Pirates.

nice triple post????????

dw me,zaaps, and silent are spamming up my blog@@@

O... I've been gone 43 minutes.... That's like no fair... And when I sleep that'll give you another 10/11 hours or so D:

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Nice collection. I'm very jealous of the David Tennant and Sir Ian ones. And Dame Judi. And I could go on and on. <3:

That's a very interesting academic path you've chosen. I've always been fascinated with medieval times, and the fact that you can get a degree in its study is very cool.

Good luck with your goals, and especially with your dissertation. I'll try and stop by with some spam every so often. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

:oops: dw u can be in the /obt/ family to

Wooo :D I'll be sure to pop over every now and then :D

ohai

Ohai to you too.

*raises eyebrow at blog layout*

© 2010 - 2011 SerpentEye

hai

Nothing to see here Serpy, no way at all did I steal your blog lay out etc :3 :3

Nice collection. I'm very jealous of the David Tennant and Sir Ian ones. And Dame Judi. And I could go on and on. <3:

That's a very interesting academic path you've chosen. I've always been fascinated with medieval times, and the fact that you can get a degree in its study is very cool.

Good luck with your goals, and especially with your dissertation. I'll try and stop by with some spam every so often. :lol:

Hehe thanks Kaida! I really should update it a bit more :P Jason Flemyng, Karen Gillian and Derek Jacobi to be added to the scans... :D

And yeahs, it's what I wanted to do... My teacher at Sixth Form and my MP (well he was candidate at the time and I was helping him) did try to push me towards a general History degree, but I wanted to specialise in Medieval... It's pretty damn awesome :)

And hehe thanks :D If you're interested I'll probably plonk some of my work in here from time to time. :)

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

TODAYS GOALS:

IRL:

Transcribe some very difficult Latin from a Papal Bull dating to 1305 - Done :D

RS:

thieving.gif 71

runecrafting.gif 70

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgom 70 rc????????????????????????????????????????????

YES@@@@ It's really gona happen! :D I just need to do pengs tbh... Really should get around to them in a mo...

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

its ok i still havent done troll invasion because im afraid ill die again and LTK will make fun of me :(

456k to 75... 15.8 weeks - not including Troll Invasion, random event lamps etc... So ~13 weeks til I can start pouring effigies into RC, 21 there ATM which'll grab me 77/78 methinks from 75, just wana get another 29 to hit 80 ;)

DAT 70 RUNEPENGUINCRAFTING...

70rc.png

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png