Battles IN SPACE

archimage_a

Right, hello all.

Wargames are fun.

Space is fun.

Wargames in Space are Super Fun.

QED.

:thumbsup:

Basically, you are an Admiral in a wargames exercise. You have been given 10 trillion virtual dollars to buy up to 5 ships, each.

The battles are Last Man Standing, with the surviving ships being turned back into virtual dollars ready to be respent.

However, ships you kill are translated into virtual dollars for whoever kills them.

Part kills don't count, though you can give each other money if you want.

If you board a ship and take control of it, then you get its virtual price and the ability to use that ship again, at no cost(permenantly).

Jumping removes the ship from the game and gives you back half the money you paid for it.

Everyone is given 10 trillion more virtual dollars per completed battle.

Ships(Please click on the link since they are fairly large):

[hide]

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12603519/Star%20Control/Chmmr%20Avatar.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12603519/Star%20Control/Druuge%20Mauler.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12603519/Star%20Control/Earthling%20Cruiser.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12603519/Star%20Control/Ur-Quan%20Dreadnought.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12603519/Star%20Control/VUX%20Intruder.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12603519/Star%20Control/Yehat%20Terminator.png

[/hide]

Only the Cruiser, Terminator and Mauler will currently be in your price range.

Game will take place on IRC and Maptools (I will be taking screenshots for people in IRC)

Hex-based.

d = six sided dice

You can target individal locations on the ship (their disabling/destruction does the noted damage) at -4

Destroying the command center disables the ship for 10 rounds, unless stated otherwise.

To start everyone rolls 3d, the highest scorer chooses the order of battle.

Speed is Acceleration / Max Speed

You can go faster than Max Speed but damage increases by 1d per unit over (So if you are going at 5 units over your max you take 5d damage extra from projectile weapons, not from lasers.)

Battlefield wraps, so if you go off one side you come on the other.

Battle rounds last 20 seconds(same as DnD's 6 Seconds).

Each Hex is 1 unit of distance.

Power Points generate each turn, and some of them are used: 4/4 means 4 are generated and 4 are used.

Any excess power can be sent to the capacitors and used later.

If people want to use advanced tactics (Sensors, ect) then talk to me.

All checks are done with 3 six sided dice + Modifers.

Contests between ships are done as above + Complexity modifer of the ship.

Firing weapons is done at +2 if the platform is 'Fixed', + ((complexity+sensors)/3) + dice + Range modifer.

Avoiding getting hit is dice + the amount of acceleration you allocate to avoiding damage.

You can only uses that turn's acceleration once (So if you have 10, you can split it 9/1 between moving and avoiding damage, or 5/2/2/1 if you think you will be hit 3 times that round, or however you want to divide it. You can choose to change the amount of acceleration applied to each until the dice is rolled (or you move))

Ships can keep their speed going as long as they like, or can stop as a full round action(Or at however much acceleration is needed to stop if you are travelling at slower speeds, you can also decelerate slowly like this).

If you turn your ship then speed is transfered to this new direction (Cause otherwise things get tedious).

Power Points can be used as extra acceleration, so can capacitance.

Turning requires 1 acceleration per turn speed unit (Rounding up) you want to turn (Aka, if your ship turns at 30, then you need 2 acceleration to turn 60 degrees, 1 to turn 30 degrees and 1 to turn 20 degrees).

6 sides to a hexagon so, if you want to be clever:

1-15 degrees anti-clockwise you can shoot/move either ahead or to the left.

1-15 degrees, clockwise, you can shoot/move either ahead or to the right.

Middle 30 degrees you can only shoot/move ahead.

If you don't want to be clever:

30 degrees turns the ship, you can only move/shoot ahead.

Shooting is + Arc of Fire of the weapon (Aka if your Arc of Fire is 60 you can shoot into any of the 3 spaces in front of you)

Range:

Long range -2 (10 Hexes)

Intermediate Range 0 (7 Hexes)

Short Range +2 (4 Hexes)

Point Blank Range +8 (1 Hex)

Hexs are large enough for up to 3 ships to exist simultanously. They may choose to crash into each other for d(height or width)*current speed damage.

If 3 ships are already in a Hex new ships entering must choose to collide with one of them.

(Fighters and the like don't count)

You are responsible for keeping your own records on each of your 5 ships.

Finally, customising your ships will only be possible if we manage to get through a few battles (As it requires extra work for me which I don't want to do if people give up after the first battle).

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Ship Upkeep

2x Earthling Cruiser

3x Druuge Mauler

Remaining Budget: $3,274,800,000

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Admiral Icu is representing the Druuge's by buying 5 Druuge Maulers.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

EDIT: I'm not sure if this was intended. But more than what you said is affordable is affordable compared to the stats on the charts. (and the one ship seems REALLY cheap at only 35million) Not sure if any of that needs changed or not?

Yeah, it is intended.

If you look at the HP(Health Points)*, the size and such, of the more expensive ships, they are larger and stronger.

Also the DR (Damage Reduction) is much higher.

As to the amount of money it should be 10,000,000,000...Which is obviously 10 Billion in retrospect =-P

*Sorry if this is a little patronising

Of all the times for my computer to break down. Hah. If I get it back before this runs out, I'll try it.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

EDIT: I'm not sure if this was intended. But more than what you said is affordable is affordable compared to the stats on the charts. (and the one ship seems REALLY cheap at only 35million) Not sure if any of that needs changed or not?

Yeah, it is intended.

If you look at the HP(Health Points)*, the size and such, of the more expensive ships, they are larger and stronger.

Also the DR (Damage Reduction) is much higher.

As to the amount of money it should be 10,000,000,000...Which is obviously 10 Billion in retrospect =-P

*Sorry if this is a little patronising

Tis not patronizing at all. :)

Well, I edited my post above. Hopefully I did all my math correctly. Correct me if needed. :P

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

You have been given 10 billion virtual dollars to buy up to 5 ships, each.

36 > 5

=P

(Its mostly because moving 36 ships will take a long time, so I wanted to start off at 5, and maybe increase it depending on the speed the game went)

You have been given 10 billion virtual dollars to buy up to 5 ships, each.

36 > 5

=P

(Its mostly because moving 36 ships will take a long time, so I wanted to start off at 5, and maybe increase it depending on the speed the game went)

Oh right, forgot to jot that down. (well damn, I'm going to have a hell of a lot of cash leftover then) xD I'll just cut off my terminators and one mauler then. lol

Lqt9R.png