Stuff F2P Should Have

xAres

Rune arrows and yew bows

What's the point on yew bows in members worlds, F2Pers have a gravite shortbow which is better so why not? We have Magic bows which are much better. It would be logical to make Rune arrows f2p too.

Splitbark Armour

We hardly ever use it, so why not? F2pers would welcome new mage armour.

Posion (P)

Add a weak poison which is (P) for F2Pers since members hardly use it. Poison can be cured with weak anti-poison potions.

Attack, defence and anti-poison potions

We don't need them, they're junk. F2Pers would use them and it would help them rise in price and F2Pers need an anti-poison potion if you where to add poison.

Weak Range and magic potions

Make these for F2P to balance the combat triangle a bit more.

Snakeskin armour

We don't need it except boots maybe, it looks cool. F2Pers would use it though.

Spiked Vambraces up to green d'hide

F2pers would use them for the +2 strength bonus. No other glove-slot items offer this.

Armoured boots to adamant

F2Pers would also use these, Strength bonus on boot slot, F2Pers would use them. Would make them a useful drop as prices would rise.

Wave spells

We have surge spells so give them the wave spells and blood runes. This would balance mage in f2p a bit.

Snare spell

We have entangle and ancients so why not?

Zamorak Robes

better than Wizard robes for mage armour and the decent prayer bonus too. We hardly us Zamorak robes so why not?

Spears up to rune

Best stab bonus for F2Pers, they might use it

Battlestaves and mystic staves (excluding mud and steam)

F2Pers might find the Lava staff useful, the melee bonus's might be useful to them as well.

Crossbows upto mithril (including Blurite)

F2Pers would love crossbows as an alternative to longbows and shortbows. No enchanted bolts though and make Blurite tradable too.

Darts, javelins and thrown-axes up to rune

F2Pers would possibly use javelins and thrownaxes but they'd surely use darts due to their high speed.

King Black Dragon

He's a joke to P2Pers now. Nobody goes KBD anymore so give him to the F2P. F2Pers don't have access to antifires so he would be extremely hard to kill and treak his drop table to suit the F2Pers.

0c2d4ace490c.png

How do you propose they get these items?

Most are unlocked via members quests or acquired in members areas.

Plus why give members low end stuff away just cause we have high level, that eliminates the appeal of members to low levels; which is just bad business sense.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The DPS of ranged in F2P is probably balanced out accounting for Rune armour as the highest grade, and rune arrows and yew bows probably throw off that equation.

The crossbows are definitely too strong to be implemented, for the same said reason.

Surge and Wave. Same deal.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Plus why give members low end stuff away just cause we have high level, that eliminates the appeal of members to low levels; which is just bad business sense.

Ain't canifis gloves f2p? You can only get Canifis gloves from canifis.

0c2d4ace490c.png

Ain't canifis gloves f2p? You can only get Canifis gloves from canifis.

But thats not quite the same as items that actually require a quest to make/use and items that take a lot of time and effort to make (eg splitbark)

Also some of your "items" make no sense.

Attack and Defence? These aren't items they are skills so they don't have a price to rise.

Magic Boots? There is no such item

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I don't know what attack and defence are...?

The only ones I would kinda agree with are the javelins because nobody uses that crap. I'm all for cool stuff for F2P, but the argument that just because we don't use it means that F2P should have it is really weak.

Also, F2P canifis gloves were a glitch, but Jagex stuck with it seeing as they didn't do anything anyways (along with their mass popularity).

Also, F2P canifis gloves were a glitch, but Jagex stuck with it seeing as they didn't do anything anyways (along with their mass popularity).

They're also not the only items that can only be acquired in P2P but can be sold/traded to F2P.

F2P certainly doesn't need anything that would further unbalance the combat triangle in favor of melee.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

He probably was referring to potions when he was talking about attack and defense.

Since you're mentioning dumping things on f2p as hand-me-downs, why not make KBD a boss on f2p since it's a total joke in p2p in comparison to even most quest bosses?

I do agree that half of the items would make a nice home in f2p since I always admired how creative they were with activities.

Keep in mind, you can only get trimmed armor from treasure trails which is a members only feature, but free players can still wear and trade for it. Some items could be only obtainable in members worlds, but still tradable and useable for non-members. When it comes to combat, here's what I think should be give to non-members:

Magic

-Snare (5 second bind isn't very much, I think 10 seconds would be great)

-Wave spells (up for discussion, but I think changing the base max from 160 to 200 isn't game-breaking)

-Splitbark armor (perhaps it could be made in free play too; bark and silk being rare drops from some monsters?)

-Zamorak robes (in addition to splitbark or in lieu; useful for prayer bonus and better magic attack while still being rather cheap)

Range

-Yew bows and rune arrows (perhaps give gravite shortbow slightly higher range attack so it's still more desirable)

-Javelins and thrown axes (maybe these could find a use to F2Pers, because in P2P they're all but useless)

Melee

-Metal boots (up to either adamant as previously suggested, or rune)

-Attack and defence potions (maybe add new weaker F2P magic/range potions and make the current ones "super")

-Weapon poison (add a use to daggers, and could even be applied to arrows; weakest variant only; add anti-poisons too of course)

As for other additions, perhaps make the King Black Dragon a free player boss, and tweak his drops accordingly. He'd be the only non-member source of dragon bones. Seeing as Jagex said they're thinking about reworking the KBD, maybe this could be part of it? Oh, and I swore Jagex was considering making fletching a non-member skill at one point. It makes perfect sense, and would be especially useful in dungeoneering.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Oh, and I swore Jagex was considering making fletching a non-member skill at one point. It makes perfect sense, and would be especially useful in dungeoneering.

Yes, I remember them saying something about that long time ago, but I guess they discarded that idea. I think it would be logical thing to do as if you use melee, you can smith your armour and weapons and if you mage you can craft (some) of your runes. But if you range, you can't make any of equipment yourself. So arrowmaking would be nice addition to balance that.

(Of course runecrafting is only thing that is widely used. I guess smithing armour and weapons is useful if you are poor and at low level, but needing 99 smithing to do Rune Platebody? I guess only hardcore DIYs do it.)

Tsukaji.png

• 1 month later...

Hmm, I think f2p should definitely have the Ancient/Bandos/Armadyl trimmed rune armor.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

• 4 weeks later...

I think mithril crossbows might be too strong, however I would like to see crossbows up to steel. The max hit with a steel bolt would be about 25. Currently the only crossbow available in F2P has +6 range bonus and can only use bronze bolts... it is essentially useless. Also yew bows and rune arrows would be far too powerful. As it is I can take down high leveled melee users 90% of the time using maple longbow sighted and mithril arrows.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Oh yeah all of those should be for F2p.

Skill Capes- Most of the Skill Capes are already have F2p area people who Sell the Capes :thumbup:

Hiscores- Would be nice for a F2p Only Hiscores where you have to Log in every 30 Days to stay on the Hiscores or merged back to P2p Hiscores :thumbup:

Level 99 Skills 28/28 200M exp Skills 6/28
Going for 200M All Skills. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RS

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

On 12/23/2011 at 4:39 PM, 'Jebrim' said:

But don't even begin to think that I think I'm better than you all simply because I've done 7.6k+ hours of Agility or because I have tens of thousands of fans.

• 1 month later...

You brought an entirely better idea to mind for me.

Jagex could possibly (and they may be doing this already, mind you) release a sub-full membership type of RS. Like: Free-play, RuneScape Members Silver, and RuneScape Members Gold. Gold getting most/all the updates, and Silver just being a cheaper alternative to gold, with a lot less to it.

^^^^^^

Best "F2P" Suggestion ever.

And I'm saying that they'd get A LOT more F2P to P2P switches if they had a 'second' demo, of what P2P is like, for cheap, such as 2-4$ US, dependant on the content released.

It's entirely feasable, and a good market idea.

Then again, Jagex never listens to me for years.

553VriC.png?1

• 3 weeks later...

Heck, Jagex should get rid of that 25K unbalanced trade limit on new accounts, in my personal opinion. With the Bot Nuke already in-place, it's freaking unnecessary, and really hurts older players who are trying to bring newer players into the game. If they're not willing to do away with it totally, they could at least put a 600 Skill Total line before it would shut off, as that would stop most botters and rule-breakers before they became a threat! :angry:

BTW, the above is only if Jagex isn't willing to give F2P access to Adamant Arrow Fletching and Chaos RC'ing. Right now, as it stands, F2P Range/Mage are both still damaged/incomplete, and this makes me even more torqued off. By taking away fully-powered F2P unbalanced trading with no way of self-recovery without paying $$$ IRL, it damages these worse. Heck, I think it's time for the "angry horns" to come out. :evil:

~D. V. "Even as much as I can't stand RuneScape anymore, I still get ticked off by this!" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)