The Fireplace

Jehosaphat

Hello, and welcome to The Fireplace, where the Tavernites discuss possible new games amongst themselves and where I, hopefully, will manage to keep a list of games currently running or being drafted.

To get a game added to the list, just throw me or a Tavern Moderator a PM with the game's name and what list you wish for it to be placed under. Games Running is for games which are currently running - it has all the players it needs, is fleshed out, and people are playing it. Games In Enrollment are games which still need more players, but are otherwise ready to go. Games In Draft are games which are still having the fine details worked out, but have a decent core concept and a GM willing to run them. Falador Tavern Archives is for games that have run their course and are finished, but may be resurrected sometime in the future if the desire to do so is there and there is a willing GM if one is necessary.

Drafts in Storage has just recently been added into the list of categories. This is for games that are making no progress in the Draft stage. Any posts which do not show any progress after one month will be moved here so that Tavern members and newcomers know what to look forward to and not get confused between what is being worked on and what isn't.

Games Running:

Windward

Nimbus

Games In Enrollment:

The Millions War

Games In Draft:

Hegemony

Drafts in Storage:

Falador Tavern Archives:

Dungeoneering

Space

Hegemony

An Ocean of a Problem - Pathfinder Campaign

That list aside, this thread is for discussion of concepts, game structures, and generally Tavern games that are under construction. This is not the Back Room, and posts which are naught but off-topic will be killed with fire.

Edited by Ieyfura
a70c7.png

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stork, what do you mean by games in draft? Also, I have mentioned about DE2 a bunch of times.... >_> I wasn't kidding about it.

Games in draft is a section to link to posts pertaining to games that users are working on. For example, if you would like Dream Ender 2 to be posted in this section, you may work up a post here in this topic. You can have it set to reserved and either Stork or myself will put a link to your post under the draft section so that others can see the progress you're making on your game and when to be ready for it.

Once it is finished, you can copy your post into a new thread and we'll create a link in the Enrollment section so that people know it hasn't started just yet, but it is officially ready. Hope that cleared things up for you :)

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Stork, I suggest that you add 'game ideas' to the categories of games so that we can keep track. I also have a game idea coming.

This thread is for game ideas as well. The whole linking to the idea is to link to the individual post within this thread.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Hmm. I keep thinking up games, but I think I keep making them too complex. Gruh. Although I was considering doing something along the lines of an sc2 game... Anyone interested? I'd be basing it off the dungeoneering plate.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Hmm. I keep thinking up games, but I think I keep making them too complex. Gruh. Although I was considering doing something along the lines of an sc2 game... Anyone interested? I'd be basing it off the dungeoneering plate.

Sounds interesting. I dont' know much about the SC2 universe, but I'm all for it. :)

EDIT: It would appear we all have some ideas, but no one has written anything up yet. lol

Lqt9R.png

I'd have to figure which of the races I'd use..

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

UPDATE: Drafts for each section are being worked on in Microsoft Word. As of now, no sections are currently updated. Will keep you guys posted as I update each section.

Two Realms Between (work in progress)

Quick explanation. This will be an RP game, with Dice based combat. Everything else will be done at my discretion. (so there will be no failing on logically easy tasks)

Story

(In progress)

Combat System

(In Progress)

Combo System

(In Progress)

Passing Combos To Teammates

(In Progress)

Weapon Properties

(In Progress)

Probabilities

Hit Chance

(In Progress)

Combo Chance

(In Progress)

Armor Properties

(In Progress)

Items

(In Progress)

Stats

(In Progress)

Edited by ieyfura

Lqt9R.png

I will be running this if there is sufficient interest.

Hegemony: Syndicates

The year is 2015 and there is a global economic crisis, prominent first world countries (including America, France Germany and China) have been split under the economic tension. Armed groups have formed and have begun self-governing autonomous regions devoid of official government.

You are the leader of a syndicate.

I will give you written reports on how your empire is doing and different news articles.

syndicate

noun |ˈsindikit|

a group of individuals or organizations combined to promote some common interest

You are the leader of large group of people, whether you are the CEO of a large cooperation, a crime-lord, a group of armed militia, members of a previous government or something else altogether is up to you. You will be competing with other syndicates including players in an attempt to establish yourself as the de facto leader of as much territory as you wish. But initially you will only start off with a small area of land.

You will be able to play this game as if it were a normal hegemony game, you will wage war, research, make alliances and break them.

Economy

The economy is pretty basic, you will recieve a percentage of the GDP per capita as tax. You can increase the GDP per capita by improving schooling and infrastructure.

You can encourage population food with lack of total-war and abundance of resources (good living conditions)

War

War is entirely grid based, you will command your army over different terrain to battle with your enemy in a similar way to chess. Different units will have different attack bonuses and speed bonuses similar to the civilisation games. You can upgrade traits of units by research, money or longer training. Certain units may have special abilitys such as causing damage over a wider area etc.

Technology

You can research technology by putting time and money into it, the more time and money you have put into it the more likely you will achieve it. Technology must be scientifically possible and realistic. Everybody starts with capabilities to create 2011 technology.

New designs although technically not research still need time and money put into them before they are viable.

I can estimate a time until finished however they may take more or less time in some cases.

qTLQRuS.png

I need a general opinion before I can work on my idea. Do people who want to play my game want to do a story as Zerg, Protoss, or Terran? Then I can start figuring stoof out.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I need a general opinion before I can work on my idea. Do people who want to play my game want to do a story as Zerg, Protoss, or Terran? Then I can start figuring stoof out.

I personally prefer roleplaying or writing about humans, it is easier to empathise with them. So personally I would go for Terran.

Zerg wouldn't make much sense since they don't seem to care much about civilians anyway.

I will play absoloutely every game unless its too confusing or there is some sort of cliche I can't bear.

qTLQRuS.png

Sounds interesting. I dont' know much about the SC2 universe, but I'm all for it. :)

EDIT: It would appear we all have some ideas, but no one has written anything up yet. lol

If I could make a suggestion, don't spend the time and effort making your own system (unless you really *really* want to), rather it would be a decent idea to either strip down a wargame to manageable levels (if you're controlling multiple entities) or simply finding a system that works for you (iirc GURPS has a starcraft splatbook, though I can't comment on how good it is).

LNYvk.png

Not what I mean. With Terran I'd say something along the lines of a new breed of psionic supersoldIer who start by escaping a containment facility. Zerg would be a strain of highly mutative zerglings whO could change rapidly between Zerg strain to Zerg strain. Queen of blades sent you out to test you. Protoss... Hmm. A team of highly trained mechanics sent to field test and make repairs of your factions various prototypes and war machines.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I have an idea for a medieval semi-hegemony/dungeoneering game.

The king is dead, the righteous and just King Dydin has died. You are his rightful heir, however there are many heirs who have a claim as good as you do. Your job is to battle it out until the person who has ammased the most support of the people whether forcefully or through voting will win.

Purple = Farmland

Brown = Peasant houses and establishments

Teal = Military barracks, you can garrison military here to help defend areas

Orange = The palace is currently locked until a leader is found which will be at the end of one year. 1 day = 1 week.

pkRH1.png

Also there may be random events in which you will need to band together.

qTLQRuS.png

So I got two people willing to try my game... Any others, and your preferences for the stroy? Got one Terran.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Reservation post for a new RTD - currently listed under Games in Enrollment

Setting: Modern fantasy, magic and fantasy races only recently discovered

Combat System:

[hide]2 rolls - to hit and damage. To hit is opposed by defense, while damage is only opposed by certain minor factors. Both are 2d6.

Magic weapons (i.e. weapons created solely of magic, or weapons with certain enchantments) have a -1 modifier to both to-hit and damage, but cause a status effect determined by the type of spell and 1d6. Ranged weapons will never run out of basic ammo, but can run out of certain, specialized of ammo.

Defense is something that is automatic - if using a 1-handed weapon, you gain +2 to defense via increased dodging capability/shield use/what have you, but have a -2 damage modifier as opposed to 2-handed. Heavy armors carry a hefty defense bonus, but with a negative speed modifier, while lighter armors allow for greater speed but less defense.

Any rolls done may have certain modifiers applied due to weapon quality and such. There may or may not be certain 'special' weapons that will pop up.[/hide]

Stats:

[hide]5 basic stats - CON, SPD, MAG, CHA, and LUC. Modifiers from these stats may or may not be applied to certain tasks. Modifiers are determined by (stat-10)/2. Each player has 25 free points to allocate to these stats, plus a base minimum of 5 in each stat.

CON - basic constitution stat. Grants a +modifier*2 bonus to HP.

SPD - basic speed stat. Determines how many actions can be taken in one turn (speed/10).

MAG - basic magic stat. Grants +modifier bonus against magic damage, as well as affecting possible enchantments.

CHA - basic charisma stat. Bonuses not capable of being concretely described, but include discounts and NPCs being more accepting of you.

LUC - basic luck stat. May allow you to succeed through blind luck rather than skill, but don't rely on it too much.

Basic HP is 20 for PCs, and may increase with certain occurrences.[/hide]

Other:

[hide=Leveling System]

Every so often, upon achieving a feat of some sort (killing a 'boss', becoming mayor, that sort of thing), your character will gain a level. Upon gaining a level, you also gain 3 more points to spend on stats as you please. Leveling may also include a choice of abilities which give dice bonuses in certain situations.

The time at which you gain a level is fairly arbitrary and will be decided by the GM.[/hide]

[hide=Enchantment System]

As you play, you are able to enchant things with elemental magic - armor, ammo, whatever. When you choose to enchant something, it will give bonuses based on the components used to enchant it - an earth enchantment done with, say, diamonds is going to be stronger than one done with dirt. Player enchantment will never give solely negative bonuses, but enchanted items found or bought might. If an item has already been enchanted, it cannot be enchanted again.

Player characters are granted ((10*level)+MAG)/20 enchantments per level.[/hide]

Base Character Sheet:

[hide]

Name:

Weapon: (can be just about anything)

One Handed? Y/N

Backstory: (optional)

Currently Equipped: Basic Clothing

HP: 20/20

CON - 5 + ( )

SPD - 5 + ( )

MAG - 5 + ( )

CHA - 5 + ( )

LUC - 5 + ( )

Starting Gear: (choose 2)

Rope

Lantern

Matches

Armor

Spare Weapon

Charcoal

Knife

[/hide]

Player Limit: 6

Base Rules: Non-combat actions decided based on 1d6 + ability modifiers. Play by post, not by session. Turns will be done once all players have submitted actions. GM does the dicerolling.

a70c7.png

Reserved for my Dream Ender 2 idea (obviously its not complete)

Look! It's so much more organized!

[hide= Into the New Game] You are standing out on your porch, enjoying the cool breeze. The stars are out, everything seems so peaceful. You head back inside, passing by your family tree, which reminds you of the story about the heroes of a “dream world” that has been passed down from generation to generation. You honestly think it's just a story, even though your great great great grandparents, before they recently passed on, insisted it was true. You head to your room, where you pick up your favorite book and begin reading. As you read, the words begin to blur together and create new words. You rub your eyes and check the time. You’re not tired, it’s hours before the time you normally go to bed. You begin to read again, but the words still blur together. You decide to read the words this time. Slowly but surely you begin to make out the forming words.

Help… descendent of the first heroes… help… the Dream World…run over…by deamons…World will fall… please…help…

You shrug it off. You think that you are more tired than you though and decide to go to bed. You wake up in a strange world…[/hide][hide= Rules (Majorly edited from the original Dream Ender)]Items of various categories may be made for trade and use. Players can not kill other players. There is no such thing as a player character death in game, so you won't die in the middle of a battle. [/hide][hide= Character related stuff] [hide= Character Outline]Name:

Gender: (Please, I can't always figure out if the character is male or female)

Race: (Human, something Alien, ect)

Fighter Class: (Include but are not limited to: Necromancer, Amazon, Paladin/Holy Knight(same thing), Sorcerer/Sorceress, Barbarians, Bezerkers, Assassin, Druid, Elementalist, Rouges, ect. Feel free to expand, specify, or come up with your own Fighter Class)

Bio: (I'm making this optional, feel free to add additional information)

Magic Skill: (You get one to start off with, pick whatever you feel like (nothing stupid please))

[/hide][hide= Houses]Houses are a new feature here in Dream Ender. Being part of a house gives you a crest and ups one specific elementalishy thing (origional DE players remember the elemental power thingys right?), cept it's not unlocked by collecting pieces of armor and carrying a special amulet. So anywho, the Houses are:

Death Magic: Crest of the Black Rose, Founding Mother: Lady Leiana (NPC). Members of this house can use Dark magic comfortably, unlike other members from different houses. Cannot defeat Light Magic users, since one cannot exist without the other. Current total members: 1 (This Character is to later be explained after the first gameplay session.)

Light Magic: Crest of the Golden Sun. Founding Father: Sir Hakon. Members are good at light magic, but cannot defeat Dark Magic users, since without one, the other can't exist. Current total members: 0

Blood Magic: Crest of Red Wine Dropletts. Founding Mother: Lady Ieyfura. Members are good at Blood Magic, also very, very, very good at scaring other people/enemies (Give credit to Ieyfura, she can be very scary at times (but she's awesome, I'm not complaining). Current total members: 0

Earth Magic: Crest of the Green Leaf. Founding Mother: Lady Salem, the Great Librarian. Members are naturally good at healing and potion-making. Current total members: 0

Air Magic: Crest if the Azure Wings: Founding Mother and Father: Sir Mathu and Lady Mimic. Members are very agile and clever. Males may tend to be jerks. Current total members: 0

Crystal Magic: Crest of the Indigo Arrow. Founding Father: Sir Micheal. Members are very kind hearted and often are good at making agreements between two arguing sides. Often calm. Current total members: 0

[/hide][/hide]

[hide=players][/hide]

[hide= This is where Leiana says stuff]there are two kinds of this little box[hide=Game Related]obviously this is where game related stuff goes. The stuff here means you should probably read it. This section will include a section that notifies people what happened in the session.[/hide][hide= Off topic Leiananess]this is where I'll put my off topic stuffs, which will consist of anything that may affect game times(will be starred or something), accomplishments I feel like I need to share, or just random shenanigans.[/hide][/hide]

Okay, so I rolled a dice over my idea and ended up with Protoss. So Protoss it is.

Name of the game: Mechanists of Aiur.

[hide=Basic Story]

What a mess. You're part of the elite mechanical designers and construction crew, and today after drinking your morning cup of (Sadly dwindling) Aiur Brand Coffee, you find that these ham handed Templar divison mechanics have either lost or destroyed all of the lovely prototype battle mechs you and your crew have been designing and refining. After a bought of extreme anger, you go and inform the rest of your crew of your new mission. Find out how the Templar could have lost ALL of their Prototypes, kill any Zerg you encounter, and either recover, obliterate, or remake the Prototypes you find in order to keep them from falling into very wrong hands.

[/hide]

[hide=Game basics]

As in the Story, you are a part of the team who needs to find out what happened to all of the very valuable protossian prototypes. As in, you NEED to find them, and that is your overriding mission in almost any situation... Unless you decide to ignore it, for whatever reason. You won't be going into battle with just yourselves and your weapons however, you will be allowed to design Protoss Mechs along the way to either board and control, or to unleash and cause havoc amoungst your enemies. You'll have to pay for them in Minerals, and Vespene Gas, which you will receive after a sucsessful Reclaimation, Rebuild, or Obliteration. You will be starting off as the basic Zealot, as youlack the time or the finances to get anything more powerful at this time.. Although, for your first mission, you will be accompanied by other fighters, but don't count on that in the future.

[/hide]

[hide=Game stuff]

A few Game Terms..

Reclamation: An objective where you try to recover any blueprints, actual prototypes, or the like from enemy hands before they are used to either make, or work, the powerful war machines. The most rewarding objective, But only in terms of resources.

Rebuild: Sometimes you find prototypes in a very bad state... And you have the time or the fire power to buy that time to remake the Proto. If you do so, you'll regain that prototype as your own. You'll gain less resources than you would for a Reclamation, but you'll at least gain a prototype to work with.

Obliteration: This objective is only issued if the enemy has gained control of multiple Blueprints and is able to use them. Your objective here is to, literally, obliterate everything and everything,indcluding the plans if necessary. This is the LEAST rewarding objective, in terms of resources, but you may be able to snag some plans to fiddle with, or loot more powerful weapons and armor if you don't just nuke everything.

And now, the Character:

[hide= Character Design]

Name: (Insert name here)

Profession: (I'm giving you some freedom here. Make your own profession if you wish. But you need to give me a REASONABLE benefit for me to agree to it.)

Weapon: Plasma Blades, standard for all characters at the start of the game.

Armor: Protossian Infantry Armor, level one.

Items: Added to in games.

[/hide]

And, as a final note, you can only make Prototypes you have blueprints for, and already made Prototypes can only be modified slightly. if you want to make new blueprints, THAT will be difficult very early into the game. Due to both cost, and other reasons..

[/hide]

And finally, Players.

[hide=Player List]

Emptyyyy, oh so empttyyyyy..

[/hide]

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

I am having an idea to restart Dungeoneering...

[Game Town] is the city-state in which the [Guild Name] Guild is based. The Guild is a city guild aimed at those who take on far ranging jobs and issues for either their own amusement or for their living. As far as the game is concerned it is effectively a way to involve all players with gameworld events, providing a reasonable basis for meetings (both professional and social), events and coordination, and ensuring that characters have some common ground.

The premise draws on Space, and Pathfinder Experiances as well...Basically the game is "The Guild". People play members(high or low ranking) members of [place name here] Guild, complete with Guild Tower.

You can, if you so choose, form a second Guild and compete with the first guild...entirely up to you.

Anyway, if you decide to be a high ranking member of the guild (This is an example peice, you may choose different High Ranking members...such as Blacksmith, for instance)

Guild Master - The Guild Master is the overall leader of the AAG. They have to deal with the city council, but have a position on the Council of Guilds.

Guild Champion - Guild Champion is the war-leader and is traditionally given to the greatest warrior within the guild and the best strategist. In times of war this person leads the guild into battle. First into battle, last to leave combat. The Champion is second in command and liaises with the militia if the Guild Master is missing.

Guild Healer - Guild Healer is a position granted to not only the person within the guild who has the greatest healing ability but to the person who can best apply the healing. In times of war and combat this person will distribute healing and ensure all survive. The Healer is third in command and is in position to talk to the hospital.

Guild Enforcer - Guild Enforcer ensures that order is kept within the guild, and follows the orders of his superiors. He is the defender of the guild and it's property.

Guild Lore Master - Guild Lore Master is the member of the guild widely regarded to know the most lore wise. Note this excluded magical affairs, for which the Guild Mage governs over.

Guild Lawmaster - Guild Lawmaster is the person who deals with external matters regarding laws or guild members acting outside guild purviews. If a member of the AAG has broken a law it is the Lawmaster's job to fix the problem.

Guild Mage - Guild Mage is the person who deals with the magical aspects of the world, analysing and dealing with magical items the guild obtains. He deals with the Mages Guild and identifies magical problems.

Guild Secretery - The Guild Secretery does the paperwork.

Then you rule over the Wing of the Guild you control. This means different things for different positions...For instance the Enforcer gets a number of guards and such, while the Mage mostly works on their own, or with their apprentice(s).

If you decide to be a lower ranking member then you have 1 buddy who you also control, and both must belong to one of the Wings(not neccessarily the same).

Character Creation:

http://www.aberddu.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Character_Generation

http://www.aberddu.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Category:Races

http://www.aberddu.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Category:Classes

http://www.aberddu.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Category:Skills

http://www.aberddu.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Skill_Cost

For reference, each character starts with 50 XP to be spent (Purebloods get 15 extra).

Any questions?

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Stork, often stickied threads are ignored. Its logical to keep it floating.

Eh, we'll see how it works out. If people end up making games and don't ask to have them listed because they've forgotten that the Fireplace exists, then I'll unsticky it. But for now, I think it would be more convenient to have it at the top of the board for easy access.

a70c7.png