What are the uses/benefits of creatine & l-carnitine?

Sy_Accursed

Bit of a random question, but someone people from uni sport teams suggested I should take it as I'm using weight training to get in better shape via increased metabolism along side cardio etc.

So I'm just curious what is creatine for and what is its benefits, I did do some googling but between sport sites advertising blurb and wiki scientific blurb I'm still not clear.

Edit: Remember they also said sumat bout l-carnitine, any body got a clue about tht?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Bit of a random question, but someone people from uni sport teams suggested I should take it as I'm using weight training to get in better shape via increased metabolism along side cardio etc.

So I'm just curious what is creatine for and what is its benefits, I did do some googling but between sport sites advertising blurb and wiki scientific blurb I'm still not clear.

Creatine relates to the proteins that make up your muscles. I don't know much more specific then that, sorry.

lol the wikipedia page says everything you would ever want to know, I would think. and the part about the use you're interested in creatine for is clear.

creatine is a wise things to supplement (if you have the money), and for more reasons than the ones you are interested in.

Creatine or phosphocreatine is in your muscle fibres and interacts with ADP to form ATP after a P has broken off of the ATP for energy. It pretty much converts ADP to ATP for quick energy. Overall, creatine will help with anything that requires fast energy, but it runs out fast because there's only a certain amount you can store.

At least, that's what I remember from Biology class ages back.

j0xPu5R.png

Creatine or phosphocreatine is in your muscle fibres and interacts with ADP to form ATP after a P has broken off of the ATP for energy. It pretty much converts ADP to ATP for quick energy. Overall, creatine will help with anything that requires fast energy, but it runs out fast because there's only a certain amount you can store.

This makes me think of the Krebs Cycle. :P

In laymans terms creatine is part of a short burst energy system (you have 3) that naturally gets replenished fairly quickly by your body. Taking creatine lets you push yourself more, which you shouldn't do as a beginner.

Don't worry about it now, stick to good old wpc.