Stop decreasing the price of the dragon platelegs.

Blaze The Movie Fan

I don't see how that's relevant to your argument - the market forces dictate prices, not a supreme overlord.

The item in question (Dragon Platelegs) are worth a trivial figure because it's not desirable; it fails to give desirable stats that cannot already be outmatched by alternative means.

Dragon platelegs are blown out of the water by the similarly priced barrows legs and the fact is, 10000s of dragons are killed every day by 1000s of slayers, whereas very few people join the p2p game and reach 60 defense in comparison. Most items suffer the same fate because runescape has a really silly system that relies on an ever growing supply of new gamers joining the game, which just isn't happening.

BH was (probably accidentally) a brilliant leak of pressure for many of these items and a truly brilliant way in sorting out the market prices... That is until they got rid of it. #-o

CNqWHdA.jpg

We really do need an outlet for items again. If it weren't for the nuke, everything would've plummeted till they reached their floor. That's really not fair to monster hunters.

I agree.

The RuneScape defence system is a bit at fault too imo, since dragon platelegs offer no discernable increase in defence for a medium-to-high levelled player going about his slayer - you might as well slay in proselyte and protect pray when things get ugly.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

We really do need an outlet for items again. If it weren't for the nuke, everything would've plummeted till they reached their floor. That's really not fair to monster hunters.

I agree.

The RuneScape defence system is a bit at fault too imo, since dragon platelegs offer no discernable increase in defence for a medium-to-high levelled player going about his slayer - you might as well slay in proselyte and protect pray when things get ugly.

What we really need is them to bring out the eastern lands; then have shops in both the eatsern lands and in current RS that buy items from the other-side as it were.

Traversing from each continent to the other shouldn't be too easy* and obv put some fail safe in to stop ge>shop trading.

That way d legs etc. could all be sold for decent price in eastern lands while eastern lands drops could be sold to main land stores fairly cheaply.

*As in some lore about it being too long range for teleport's so you literally HAVE to go to port phasmytaas or eastern equivilant and take a boat that should run sort of 20-30 seconds travelling cinematic each time.

But make it so that like first quest where u go over there you end up sort of being an ambassador so that you bring a banker & a ge clerk with you and then post-quest banks and a ge can open.

And other little things can be added in in time too, like a clan portal where u need five members to go to it again to activate it so u can get up from tht side and then clan vex on tht side go there and like in-time culd have various tasks/quests where you do manage to link up transport networks, like say 90+ mage can do an quest in an abyssal area where u manage to create a spell tht will throw u between the two continents, or with 85 mage and 85 farm you find a way to get a working fairy ring setup.

Big idea I know, but I think it'd be a nice way to add more depth to the game opposed to just some shoddy patch up job. Sort of make it so there's two very different worlds with very different vibes and then you can kinda cross-contaminate so stuff learnt there can be applied bk home as it were; sort of have new elements of skills or new skills that can't be started in current world. Like they could have all new smithing techniques that open up new useful armours at 90s of smithing, or they could have a whole sort of "totem" based brand of magic where you kind of craft spells using predefined elements and powders (sort of magic meets herblore and summoning) so we could end up mixing like short range teleports, custom teleport markers all tht kinda thing.

I fear I've gone of on a tangent now so i'll stop.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Thats the flaw in RS to be honest. As time goes on and more are dropped every day (every hour?) the supply goes up but the demand (ppl lvl 60-70) stays the same.

I wish they would adopt the "Bind on pickup" or even a "Bind on equip" idea from other games so that the item was valued more in terms of its rarity of getting as a drop and less of its "price on the ge". Once people wouldnt need it anymore (they get 80def+better gear) they would just alch it (Since itd be untradeable) and move onto the next tier of armor.

A guy can dream, right? :)

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

Thats the flaw in RS to be honest. As time goes on and more are dropped every day (every hour?) the supply goes up but the demand (ppl lvl 60-70) stays the same.

I wish they would adopt the "Bind on pickup" or even a "Bind on equip" idea from other games so that the item was valued more in terms of its rarity of getting as a drop and less of its "price on the ge". Once people wouldnt need it anymore (they get 80def+better gear) they would just alch it (Since itd be untradeable) and move onto the next tier of armor.

A guy can dream, right? :)

This problem got worse with gravestones. When I died before gravestones, my stuff was generally gone for good. If not picked clean by another player, it was either deleted by being in an instanced area, or simply in too far of an out of the way place to get back to.

Jagex can fix this, but it will require a good few controversial updates, perhaps the easiest is to introduce a degradation system hybrid of corrupt and barrows. The armor degrades over time, but you can repair it with money, but the maximum amount you can repair it to goes down each time you repair it, so eventually the thing is useless for any actual combat and must be trashed. This, however, would require Jagex to implement the feature they were working on a few years ago that attached degradation values to items rather than the account, because otherwise the stuff couldn't be traded once it was used, similar to corrupt armor/weapons are now.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

• 3 months later...

Alright, I killed more steel dragons, 1,000 more in fact and got 2 dragon platelegs and 4 dragon plateskirt. That's around 1/166.67. (or 1/500 if we just count the platelegs and not the plateskirt, but I choose to count that as they are worth around the same thing.)

I use chaos and waves spells when killing those dragons.

Alright, I will admit that the dragon platelegs aren't VERY rare drops, just rare. So maybe making them worth over million is overdoing it.

But still it does take long time to kill those dragons. I can kill around 12 of them in an hour. That's not a lot compared to other monsters like greater demons or red dragons, which I can kill more of in 30 minutes.

But it might have something to do with the fact I melee those monsters with my powerful dragon battleaxe that can hit more than fire wave.

I now understand why the dragon platelegs cost around 200K coins. Do I agree with that? Absolutely not, because like I said it takes long to kill steel dragons compared to other monsters that I fight.

. I can kill around 12 of them in an hour.

That's only you. Before I quit I could easily kill 50-70 steel dragons/hr at least with no problem.

I now understand why the dragon platelegs cost around 200K coins. Do I agree with that? Absolutely not, because like I said it takes long to kill steel dragons compared to other monsters that I fight.

Not for people who can kill them in less than 10 hits...

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Alright, I will admit it. Maybe it isn't the smartest decision to use fire wave and fire bolt (with the chaos gloves) on those dragons. But I already have to pay shitload of money for the antifire potions, and I really don't wanna waste my prayer potions on those dragons. That's the reason I use magic.

I could kill them faster with my dragon battleaxe, I will admit that. But I want to use my chaos and blood runes on something, that's another reason why I choose to use those runes on those dragons.

You don't want to waste money on ppots so you spend 10x more maging them...?

Not really, I get most of my chaos and blood runes as monster drops.

So sell them and buy ppots?

And miss all the Magic EXP I get from using the runes? No thanks. [hide]But maybe I will reconsider it.[/hide]

Alright, I will admit, I was wrong about the steel dragons not being easy to kill. And I was wrong about the fact that people can't kill a lot of them in an hour.

But here is another reason why I think dragon platelegs should be worth over million coins. It's because steel dragons are very high leveled monster. No joke, their combat level is 246, and that's very high.

246 isn't that high when you can kill 150+/hr additionally as they are a common slayer task they're killed commonly, causing an increase in supply. Maybe if you reconsidered your play style you would find that you could kill things at a higher rate?

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

i can kill 10 abyssal demons an hour if i punch them

therefore whips should be 1m

also combat level doesn't mean anything in rs except for what you can left click and effigies

I have something to confess. I always pick up the 5 steel bars those dragons drop, so that might be another reason why it's taking me so long to kill those dragons.

Yeah, how easily or hard I can kill them is no longer a reason why I think dragon platelegs should be worth million. Their combat level which is 246 is.

But hey, I know I'm never gonna convince anyone else to change their minds. And I will admit that I am probably greedy for wanting those legs to be worth that much.

the difference between 180k and 2m is less then an hour of money making at any level these days anyway.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

the difference between 180k and 2m is less then an hour of money making at any level these days anyway.

I'd like to hear this. I believe you, but I'm not sure what methods gain over 2m/h that can be done at lower levels.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Alright, I'm willing to admit it. You guys totally destroyed this rant. Now I have no good reason for wanting the dragon platelegs to be worth over million. My only reason now is because I'm greedy, and I will admit that's a terrible reason.

Maybe I should just stop making topics here on the rant forum, because I obviously fail at it.