22-Nov-2011 - RuneScape Revolution v3 & Anti-Gold Farming Measures V2

Carl

As announced last week, and as youve no doubt noticed, our all-new website has launched! Along with a shiny new look, it contains all the important features you use day-to-day. There are a number of exciting new features as well, including:

- The RuneScape Wiki: The manual has now been moved over to our new, community-editable wiki. Theres a wealth of RuneScape knowledge and experience out there among you, and with this were empowering you to share it with everyone else. Even if youve never used or edited a wiki before, its really easy to do. Follow the link for details of the basic requirements for editing, and for guides on how to get started.

- The Events Section: Theres a whole new section devoted to the organisation and advertisement of events. The Jagex Community Engagement team, clans and individual members of the community can put up details on the events feed and place a location pin into the events map to direct prospective attendees.

- RuneScape News to the Fore: News, media and social networking activity feeds have been given pride of place on our new news page, ensuring that up-to-the-minute RuneScape information is readily available at all times.

A full list of improvements weve made would be an essay worthy of Reldo himself, so the best thing to do is to go ahead and explore the new site first hand!

Next up, weve overhauled the top-level interface in full-screen and resizable windowed mode. Its designed to give the game a bold new look and feel, and to promote easier, more fluid interaction with the game world:

- Icons have been restyled and enlarged.

- Operation text now appears within the field of play, next to the mouse cursor, when hovering over objects, giving you the important information you need while allowing you to keep your eye on the game. This can be toggled off in the options menu if necessary.

- Examine text will also be displayed in the field of play.

- There is a darker gradient behind text in the chat window, to increase legibility.

- The mini-map and surrounding UI elements have a new, metallic border.

- The game window has been given a decorative border.

This is just the first batch of interface improvements that we have in store, and we'll be continuing to work hard to improve it. Watch out for this, as well as more graphical and usability changes, in the weeks and months to come!

Captain Turkerton and his rabble-rousing band of dissidents have set up a picket outside the Cooking Guild, lambasting the basting of their comrades as part of a traditional Thanksgiving feast. If the situation escalates further, therell be much more than cranberry sauce spilled. Can you arrange a peaceful, yet wholesome and nutritious, solution?

Mod Avatar & Mod Rak

How to start Turkey Protest:

Speak to Captain Turkerton outside the Cooking Guild.

Requirements:

- None. Free players and members alike can complete this event.

- As well as the herald cape crest and emote, which are available to free-to-play players and members alike, members will receive a turkey pet as an additional reward.

In Other News...

- Along with the new website comes a re-structured hiscores section, which is now a members-only feature, for the reasons outlined in last weeks post. When a term of membership elapses, there is a 14 day grace period in which the account will remain on the hiscores. After this period, the account will not be shown on the hiscores until it is re-subscribed. Please note that this works from the date of your subscription, not the date of todays update; for example, if your subscription elapsed 10 days ago, you now only have 4 days before your account is no longer displayed.

- With the launch of the RuneScape wiki, the Quest Help system has been removed from the game.

- Leprechauns will now store plant cures, up to 255 buckets, 5 scarecrows, and can deposit magic secateurs automatically if equipped. The Herblore Habitat leprechaun will now also store up to 30 of several kinds of vine.

-Several boss respawn rates have been increased.

- As announced in Mod Marks forum post last week, Faruq's Tools dice have now been completely removed from the game.

Today sees the latest in our series of initiatives to stamp out botting, gold farming and dishonest play in RuneScape.

Its a sad fact that the vast majority of gold farming activity takes place in the free game, where it is possible to create disposable accounts that can be used to generate in-game money and send it on for illicit real-world trade in defiance of our rules. Todays measures will reduce the effectiveness of this practice by a factor of 100, to show these people once and for all that ruining your game is not only unacceptable, but also a waste of their time.

From today onwards, newly created free to play accounts will be subject to a number of trade limitations, consisting of:

New free-to-play accounts can only give away gold coins or items, or make a trade with an imbalance in the recipients favour, to the value of 25000 coins per 24 hours. This limitation also applies to drop trades.

New free-to-play accounts can make Duel Arena bets with no greater imbalance than 25000 coins per 24 hours.

We have also made a change to Wilderness PvP, where noted items will only appear to the original carrier when dropped upon death; not the killer. This affects all accounts not just ones subject to the limitations above.

The last thing we want is to make trading difficult for our long-standing and bustling free-to-play community, so existing free-to-play accounts will be unaffected. Whats more, there is no limit to the value of gifts that can be received by a new free-to-play account, so theres nothing to stop a new player from receiving a helping hand from a high-levelled friend. Needless to say, balanced trades between players are not a problem, either.

The limitations will remain in effect until the affected account purchases membership. Subscribing will remove these restrictions permanently, even if the subscription later ends and is not renewed.

These measures are a decisive next blow in our ongoing battle against botting and gold farming. We are fully committed to stamping out this insidious form of cheating to ensure you the fair game experience that you deserve.

Mark Gerhard

CEO & CTO

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Sorry, but boss spawn rates is where my interest lies.

Better do thanksgiving event for comp cape though xD.

LOL

Restricted trade for f2p newies.

Oh goodness me.

Called it.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

I like the wiki idea, prolly best part of the update.

So, if I make a f2p account it'll have 25k limit forever, until I subscribe. Lol Jagex should lay off the marketing. I think a 2 week grace period is acceptable.

Webpage kinda looks a little kiddy 2, but they change it often so doesn't really matter.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

So, if I make a f2p account it'll have 25k limit forever, until I subscribe. Lol Jagex should lay off the marketing. I think a 2 week grace period is acceptable.

Per day, not forever. But given inflation is soaring due to the bot nuke, 25K doesn't really buy a whole lot.

I didn't think it was possible, but they made the highscores even worse and bigger than before. It's awful.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Per day, not forever. But given inflation is soaring due to the bot nuke, 25K doesn't really buy a whole lot.

ohye sorry meant 25k/day, least it'll keep new players from doing any trust games.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Oops, they forgot to add the RSOF.

They're still there for me?

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Trade restrictions. :wall:

EDIT: It's only for new accounts. Thank god.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Well done on Trade restriction - whoever is responsible for that.

Smart move. :thumbup:

I agree. A bit fishy-seeming at first, but should help community overall.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

From what I understand balanced trades are fine. If someone is buying an item with a GE price of 87,000 gold they can pay up to 112,000 gp for it, or whatnot.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I have to say the trade restriction was very well planned and thought of, taking lots of aspects into it, and shouldn't really affect much of the current F2P players. Whoever was behind this, Kudos to you. :thumbup:

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12