Hello, I'm the Doctor! Back and ready to be a noob again!

Most Recent Achievement

41qp.png

EXP Boosting Gear 

Blacksmith : Complete

Diviner : Complete

Botanist : Complete

Artisan : Complete

1st Age : 4/5

Shaman : Complete

Chef : Complete

Other xp boosing outfits

Master RC Robes : 0/4

Fisherman : Complete

Golden Mining : Complete

Constructor : Complete

God Chisel : Complete

Lumberjack : Complete

Firemaker : Complete

Black Ibis : 1/4

Hunter Stick :0/1

What am I currently doing in Runescape?

Herb Runs

Festive Aura on Construction and/or Fletching

Char/Circus

Borking

Working on all skills 90+

RS Improvements

[hide=Thieving]

1. Chests. Currently we have a number of chests to thieve from but frankly all of their rewards stink and the recharge rate on the higher level ones means it's never worth it to steal from them. Make chests into a thieving DnD where you have to break into the home, avoid detection, get to the chest and pick the lock. The reward should be generous thieving exp (10 k exp or so for the highest level chest) and a large amount of reward (random items that have a g.e. value increasing as you go up in level until around 2 million in price worth of items for the highest level chest). To balance it you may only thieve from 1 chest per week (so you would only want to steal from your highest level chest). This would make it about on par with MTK in terms of money making and it introduces items into the game rather than cash so it doesn't add to inflation. You only get 3 attempts at getting to the chest before the owners station guards next to the chest making it impossible to steal from until the weekly reset.

2. Heists. Similar to chests except for it occurs in castles (all chests take place in houses), they take far longer to complete (10-15 minutes) and the rewards are much better, as well as only have one attempt per month (similar to troll invasion). The rewards would be exp equal to 1.5x a Huge lamp in EITHER  thieving or agility and a maximum of 5 mil worth cash and in g.e. price of items. These will be completed in 4 stages with each stage securing an exp reward equal to 1.5x a small, medium, large and huge lamp respectively so that you will get a certain amount of exp for participating but you must succeed until the very end to get the items/cash.

3. Ring of Wealth affecting pick-pocketing. Very straightforward, wearing the ring of wealth adds a %chance to double/triple/quadruple (I'm thinking 12/6/3 respectively) the amount of loot that you get from the npc you are pick-pocketing that stacks with the agility chance at 2x/3x/4x loot. (EDIT It would stack multiplicitively so if you had a 12% chance from agility and 12% chance from row it would end up being a 25.44% chance instead of a flat 24%. Rounded down it would be an equal 1/4 chance of double loot [assuming that it is a 12% chance from agility which I have never tested and can't find anywhere.]

4. Assassins Creed interface. Ports has a great interface for sending out voyages, so what I would love to see is a quest about the thieves guild that ends with you running the joint. The result is that you can send out individual thieves or groups to pull of heists and receive loot at the end of each day from them if they succeed or not. Customizable options could include whether you want the theives to focus on taking anything of value as they see it (filling up their packs faster and lessening their odds of getting caught) or focus on finding a large more worthwhile prize (which takes longer and has a higher chance of getting caught). The former would be more guarenteed smaller profit while the latter would be more cash with the risk of not getting anything and having your thieves placed in jail if they get caught. Thieves in jail can have their bail posted or can wait out their sentence depending on what they were caught stealing (getting caught with a large valuable item could be jail time of up to a week, while the smaller items could be as low as 12 hours). [/hide]

[Hide=Armor Improvements]

In essence this is the simplest fix that jagex needs to make, while simultaneously being the one they are least likely to ever implement. 

1. Remove the penalty for switching weapons on ability cooldowns. Hybrid/Tribriding is a pain and in some cases completely impractical. 

2. Armor 

2a. Power armor is dropped by bosses and or monsters only. The levels for it are every tier ending in 9. (i.e you 9, 19, 29, 39 all the way up to 99). The current system of having the damage boost be a total of 10% of the damage caused by the equivalent tier of weapon is fine. Monsters no longer drop a single armor piece (like automatons only dropping gloves), they either have the entire set in their drop table or they do not drop armor. In addition in a monster drops a set of armor they also drop an option for a weapon that would go with that armor set. The way that Nex is set up is fine but would need a melee weapon added to the drop table to complete the sets. In the new system I'm describing your power armor would also suffer defense and LP boost reduction to equal that of the defense and LP boost of tank armor two tiers lower (i.e. t99 power armor would have the defense and LP boost of t85 tank armor).

2b. "Tank" Armor becomes craftable. You get a set of armor you can wear from level 1 after tutorial island and from there you may craft your own armor with smithing for melee, crafting for range, and runecrafting for magic. Each tank armor set is fully craftable at levels ending in a 5 (i.e. 5, 15, 25, 35, all the way up to 95) meaning you can craft the full set of armor at the respective level in smithing/crafting/rc. Example : I hit level 25 smithing, I can now craft a the helm, body, legs, gloves, boots and shields of tier 25 tank armor from whatever the resource is that is used. 

- To compensate for tank armour being generally less useful than power armor you may make additions to your armor set with your other skills. The current system is that while wearing melee armor you receive 100% of the defense rating towards range defense, 67% towards melee defense and 33% towards magic defense. With the new system these base numbers would change to 100%,60%, and 40%. Now, lets say I create a set of melee armor that is level 75 with my smithing skill. I also however have level 75 crafting. I am able with the same amount of resources normally used to create t75 range armor to modify my melee armor to increase the amount of magic defense it gives to change the percentages to be 100% range defense, 67% melee defense, and 60% magic defense. If I also have 75 rc and the resources to make t75 magic armor I can modify my armor again to change the percentages to 100%, 80%, and 60% respectively. This would help tip the usefullness of this armor in bossing situations where you are taking damage from more than one type in the favor of tank armor.

3. Weapons 

3a. Each monster that drops an armor set will also drop a weapon of the appropriate tier/type (if the monster drops level 79 mage armor it will also drop a level 79 mage staff or wand/orb).

3b. Craftable weapons will be made with Smithing, Fletching, and Runecrafting and are craftable at the levels inbetween the armor sets but are of the same tier of the armor set (i.e. t75 armor is unlocked at level 75. t75 weapons are unlocked at levels 76-84 with one or two weapons being unlocked at each level). This fills out the skill tables nicely and while each weapon will have the same dps (being of the same tier) the higher level weapons will use more resources and give more exp so they will make a better training option than the lower levels. 

4. Soulbound items : At the end of tutorial island you will receive your choice of a soulbound weapon/armor combination. You may only choose type and if you regret your choice you will have the ability to swap out the weapon for a different one once per month. This gear scales to be the tier that is 85% of your combat stats linked with Attack, Magic, and Range. What this means is that at level 50 attack you will have a t42.5 weapon, and at 99 you will have a t84 weapon. This ensures that no matter what happens (should your account be hacked, should you dc and lose all of your gear etc.) you will have a fallback option for a weapon to use. However the armor is not power armor and can not be modified in any way stated above or below. In addition this gear can only be used in combat for 2 hours per day (resetting at the global reset time). It's purpose is to give people a fall back option that is free to use and will get the job done, allowing people to liquidate their resources for skilling if needed, recover from being hacked, and all other manner of reasons that you may lose your gear. 

5. All type armor : This is confined to the cape, necklace, and ring slots and contribute 100% of their defense rating to all types of incoming damage. Every ring/cape/amulet will have "all" type classification but will still keep their current crit bonuses. 

6. Repairs : All items will maintain the same degrade mechanic with the exceptions of rings/capes/amulets which will not degrade. The degrade mechanic is as follows. Each item lasts for 24 hours of being in combat, not combat ticks but actual game time. When a piece of armor or weapon reaches 0% durability it needs to be repaired and gives zero stats benefiting the wearer. 

More to come soon...[/hide]

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

That's some grudge you have there. :P

I remember having the same nervousness when first fighting Elvarg and the sinking feeling in my stomach as my food supply dwindled and she (he? Do dragons have a gender? Anyone know?) just kept on coming.

Good luck with your goals. :thumbup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Pretty sure Elvarg is the only male green dragon or something like that.

Also the force is with you, young Harpie, you shall succeed

That's some grudge you have there. tongue.gif

I remember having the same nervousness when first fighting Elvarg and the sinking feeling in my stomach as my food supply dwindled and she (he? Do dragons have a gender? Anyone know?) just kept on coming.

Good luck with your goals. icon_thumbsu.gif

Thanks, I'll be adding a section later for other games because in 17 days Star Wars: The Old Republic comes out and I will be spending a lot of time on there.

EDIT

Thanks Zaaps! Or technically as harpie queen shouldn't we call you "your majesty"?

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Thanks Zaaps! Or technically as harpie queen shouldn't we call you "your majesty"?

Good luck! I remember when you first made that blog title picture on xpw :P

oh and

I'M THE ONLY HARPIE QUEEN ;)

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Good luck! I remember when you first made that blog title picture on xpw :P

oh and

I'M THE ONLY HARPIE QUEEN ;)

Got my titles mixed up :(

That feel when you realize you're as old as Tieszen

*now feels old...*

On a RS related note, I haven't played in 3 days because of irlscape. Finals are coming up and in 15 days SWTOR early access hits and I will lose my life to that. Today I should be getting another 100 or so dragons done, ToG, revisit my kingdom, and kill bork. I'll update this in a bit with a picture of my progress.

witchynosaur.png

Been playing too much Pandemic 2. [bleep] you madagascar...

witchynosaur.png

I remembered Elvarg and killing that dragon with full adamant and an adamant b-axe. I also recalled how I killed him one week than earlier because friend was whining for me to join him and said "brb" as I got halfway up the island. I guess you knew what happened from there (killed the dragon, raging when friend logged back in as I ko'd the dragon).

Good luck, fellow harpy. Timelords > Jedis to be honest. :P

Indonesia says lolhi

Ya, the one time I got Madagascar Indonesia survived :wall:

I remembered Elvarg and killing that dragon with full adamant and an adamant b-axe. I also recalled how I killed him one week than earlier because friend was whining for me to join him and said "brb" as I got halfway up the island. I guess you knew what happened from there (killed the dragon, raging when friend logged back in as I ko'd the dragon).

Good luck, fellow harpy. Timelords > Jedis to be honest. :P

The [bleep] is a timelord?

Timelords > Jedis

LA5mT.gif

I don't always drink but when I do, I do it on a blog made by a harpy.

(Tieszen, all blogs made by harpies are in the Harpy Blog Network)

I approve of any and all drinking done on this blog. Is there an official Harpy drink of choice? I vote for Black Cherry Rum & Coke if there isn't one yet!

witchynosaur.png

Aside from liquids associated with bodily fluid samples, I think there isn't a think harpies have drunk in the name of a good party.

Yes, I'm a 903-year-old harpy timelord from the planet Galliharpy and I'm the person who will (possibly) save your life. Do you have a problem with that?

(Been awhile since I've seen the episode "Voyage of the Damned")

Aside from liquids associated with bodily fluid samples, I think there isn't a think harpies have drunk in the name of a good party.

Yes, I'm a 903-year-old harpy timelord from the planet Galliharpy and I'm the person who will (possibly) save your life. Do you have a problem with that?

(Been awhile since I've seen the episode "Voyage of the Damned")

Rum and Coke, the official Harpy party beverage. Actually screw the coke, lets just drink rum.

I'm a jedi, I probably won't need anyone to save me, especially since I'm a dark jedi who isn't afraid to use the force to hurt stuff.

witchynosaur.png

SUCK IT MADAGASCAR!!!

winninga.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Finally can get back to scapin for the next 2 weeks before SWTOR comes out now...

witchynosaur.png

Rum and Coke, the official Harpy party beverage. Actually screw the coke, lets just drink rum.

It's the breakfast of champions. You Harpys have good taste in drinks. :thumbsup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

It's the breakfast of champions. You Harpys have good taste in drinks. :thumbsup:

You wish to join the winged fold? All the drinks you want.

Mind you, we usually kidnap people and make them harpies. It's amazing to see one giving a voluntary offer. :P

Mind you, we usually kidnap people and make them harpies. It's amazing to see one giving a voluntary offer. :P

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&gl=us&biw=569&bih=295&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=come+to+the+dark+side+we+have+cookies+stewie&oq=come+to+the+dark+side+we+have+cookies+stewie&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=5417l8299l0l14129l9l8l0l0l0l0l3361l3361l9-1l1l0&mvs=0#i=2

witchynosaur.png

dat harpie

Post a picture of your current stats lol. I cbf looking through a dozen screenshots for each skill lol.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

dat harpie

Post a picture of your current stats lol. I cbf looking through a dozen screenshots for each skill lol.

Fine, I will next time I get my labtop out.

witchynosaur.png