Dream Ender 2

Leiana

Look! It's so much more organized!

[hide= Into the New Game] You are standing out on your porch, enjoying the cool breeze. The stars are out, everything seems so peaceful. You head back inside, passing by your family tree, which reminds you of the story about the heroes of a “dream world” that has been passed down from generation to generation. You honestly think it's just a story, even though your great great great grandparents, before they recently passed on, insisted it was true. You head to your room, where you pick up your favorite book and begin reading. As you read, the words begin to blur together and create new words. You rub your eyes and check the time. You’re not tired, it’s hours before the time you normally go to bed. You begin to read again, but the words still blur together. You decide to read the words this time. Slowly but surely you begin to make out the forming words.

Help… descendent of the first heroes… help… the Dream World…run over…by deamons…World will fall… please…help…

You shrug it off. You think that you are more tired than you though and decide to go to bed. You wake up in a strange world…[/hide][hide= Rules (Majorly edited from the original Dream Ender)]Items of various categories may be made for trade and use. Players can not kill other players. There is no such thing as a player character death in game, so you won't die in the middle of a battle. [/hide][hide= Character related stuff] [hide= Character Outline]Name:

Gender: (Please, I can't always figure out if the character is male or female)

Race: (Human, something Alien, ect)

Fighter Class: (Include but are not limited to: Necromancer, Amazon, Paladin/Holy Knight(same thing), Sorcerer/Sorceress, Barbarians, Bezerkers, Assassin, Druid, Elementalist, Rouges, ect. Feel free to expand, specify, or come up with your own Fighter Class)

Bio: (I'm making this optional, feel free to add additional information)

Magic Skill: (You get one to start off with, pick whatever you feel like (nothing stupid please))

[/hide][hide= Houses]Houses are a new feature here in Dream Ender. Being part of a house gives you a crest and ups one specific elementalishy thing (origional DE players remember the elemental power thingys right?), cept it's not unlocked by collecting pieces of armor and carrying a special amulet. Also these houses are purely optional, so don't feel like you have to pick a house. So anywho, the Houses are:

Death Magic: Crest of the Black Rose, Founding Mother: Lady Leiana (NPC). Members of this house can use Dark magic comfortably, unlike other members from different houses. Cannot defeat Light Magic users, since one cannot exist without the other. Current total members: 1 (This Character is to later be explained after the first gameplay session.)

Light Magic: Crest of the Golden Sun. Founding Father: Sir Hakon. Members are good at light magic, but cannot defeat Dark Magic users, since without one, the other can't exist. Current total members: 0

Blood Magic: Crest of Red Wine Dropletts. Founding Mother: Lady Ieyfura. Members are good at Blood Magic, also very, very, very good at scaring other people/enemies (Give credit to Ieyfura, she can be very scary at times (but she's awesome, I'm not complaining). Current total members: 0

Earth Magic: Crest of the Green Leaf. Founding Mother: Lady Salem, the Great Librarian. Members are naturally good at healing and potion-making. Current total members: 0

Air Magic: Crest if the Azure Wings: Founding Mother and Father: Sir Mathu and Lady Mimic. Members are very agile and clever. Males may tend to be jerks. Current total members: 3

Crystal Magic: Crest of the Indigo Arrow. Founding Father: Sir Micheal. Members are very kind hearted and often are good at making agreements between two arguing sides. Often calm. Current total members: 1

[/hide][/hide]

[hide=players][hide=Ieyfura]Name: Maj'la-Tairn (Lala is her nickname, Tairn is her shortened name)

Race: Half-Elf

Fighter Class: Paladin in training (Squire)

Bio: It was a long day at the stables, tending to her lord's steed, and she was finally looking forward to some quality time to herself tonight. Inhaling her meal which her mother had generously prepared for her upon her return, Tairn sat down on her bed softly, picking up the nearest book. Unfortunately for her, an event which had haunted her mother, has surfaced once more...

Magic Skill: Healing[/hide][hide= Armorare]Name: Aerir Lokia

Race: Alfar. For those who aren't into Norse Mythology, they are a type of elf that happened to be very mischeivious but were helpful to certain people. Aerir is just mischevious for mischeif's sake.

Fighter Class: Trickster

Bio: He spent half of his life in a Library after being split off from his family. Because of the surroundings, he read up everything there is to know on Human beings, picking up many things from their language to their interests. Unfortunately, he also learned of the criminal underworld from the history books and library attendants which he joined after his home closed due to poor funding. Prior to entering the Dream World, he left the dark world of humanity and reunited with his kind and family with the unfortunately discovery that only a few hundred, including his only sister, remain. To make it worse, she is dying.

Magic Skill: He used a mix transformation magic and intellect in the real world due to being an Alfar. By being in the Dream World, his magic is a little stronger and has Crest if the Azure Wings (Air House alignment). [/hide][hide=Jehosaphat]Name: Pestilence Cascade

Race: Ghost

Fighter Class: Assassin

Bio: A young man died in his sleep of an unknown 'disease'. However, unlike most, he did not go quietly, and currently remains in the dream world to wreak revenge on those who killed him.

Magic Skill: Diseased Spores

House: Azure Wings[/hide][hide= Ico]Name: Timmothy Smashington

Race: Human

Fighter Class: Berserker, specializes in hand-to-hand

Bio: Head of the Smashington family, a wealthy family which runs the Smashington CO business empire, who's main business if the manufactoring of maces, hammers and staves. He hears a black top-hat and a monocle, his mustache is similar to Hulk Hogan's mustache and is slightly grey. He is always puffing on an extremely large cigar which could be mistaken for a small tree log. Occasionally ash from the cigar goes over his expensive looking black suit, greying it slightly. Noticeable on his breast is the crest of the royal family of Angland, a far away island nation renowned for their nationalism, bad teeth and tea. His connections with the royalty are deep, as the Smashington CO provide most of the weapons for the royal army.

Magic Skill: He can change his skin to steel.[/hide][hide=Vezon]Name: Kaleidoscope Dash (Kalei for short)

Race: Icyene

Fighter Class: Scout Assassin

Bio: Kalei is an awkward girl who completes her job well, but she still lacks confidence. Usually quiet and pensive, she can work well alone, but she also works very well with others that she trusts.

Magic Skill: Limited Invisibility

House: Azure Wings[/hide][hide= Resistance] Name: Glorfand the Red Wizard

Fighter Class: Wizard (Can enchant objects to do bidding such as swords, axes and suits of armour. Can create dazzling bursts of light and power - in this case explosions)

Bio: Glorfand the wizard is an angry, old, stubborn man with a prejudice against anything new or different.

Magic Skill: Explosions (can create explosions which vary according to the time spent on them, in two seconds he could create an explosion with power similar to a hand grenade but in sixty seconds he could create a larger explosion in a targeted area. He can also make an explosion last over a longer time but be weaker) Also he is not damaged by his explosions because he is a wizard and wizards aren't damaged by their own magic ever but he can damage other wizards with explosions obviously.

Because of the nature of his power, he can create weak explosions constantly which will push things away and pull things, unfortunately this isnt' very precise but could be used to transport big things such as toasters or televisions etc.

[/hide][hide= Mask]Name: Marie Waters

Fighter Class: Sorceress

Bio: The Indigo Arrow eventually became the name for an order of demon hunters within the Dream World's guards. After many years without any threats, the order dissolved, and all that remained of it was a crest on the wall of a handful of families. At first it was a source of pride, but generations later its meaning and origin were lost, and what little remained was just as much a myth as the Dream World itself.

Fortunately, the records weren't entirely lost. Marie had always been curious about her family's history, especially the strange purple emblem that nobody knew about. Hidden away in her city's library were books about the Dream World and about magic, and for the last two years she had been buried in ancient books, trying to separate fact from fiction. The above was all she managed to confirm.

One night, she opened a familiar book, only for the page to change before her eyes...

Appearance: Long, dark brown hair, green eyes, pale skin.

Personality: Calm and studious, though slightly absentminded at times.

Magic Skill: Specializes in defensive magic. Shields/barriers and the like.

Crest: Indigo Arrow [/hide][hide=Nexaduro]Name: Nox Wallen

Fighter Class: Scholar-Errant

Bio: Nox's youth was spent working in fields for his family and studying the landowner's texts. His hair is dyed a dignified grey, his skin is a dark brown from long years spent working in the sun, and his eyes are an unremarkable blue. He is clothed in a white tunic along with a leather jacket and trousers, reinforced at the knees, shoulders, neck and elbows with metal plating. He seems at a constant calm, not easily excited nor frightened, with a slight, kind grin.

Magic Skill: Directed Magnetism (Pulling and pushing, wells of magnetism, etc. The origin doesn't have to be Nox himself, but it's less tiring that way. Can include manipulation of humanlike, iron-holding blood, but the speed of the average pulse among other factors can make precise use against external targets difficult.) [/hide][/hide]

[hide= This is where Leiana says stuff]there are two kinds of this little box[hide=Game Related]obviously this is where game related stuff goes. The stuff here means you should probably read it. This section will include a section that notifies people what happened in the session.[/hide][hide= Off topic Leiananess]this is where I'll put my off topic stuffs, which will consist of anything that may affect game times(will be starred or something), accomplishments I feel like I need to share, or just random shenanigans.[/hide][/hide]

I need at least 3 players to make the game official. ^-^ I hope to see the original players as well as new players! I personally don't care who, and any past arguments, infractions, disagreements, ect. will not affect any player. Until I get 3 players, I will not start official gameplay. If people are interested, I can hold a Q&A session soon

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Maj'la-Tairn (Lala is her nickname, Tairn is her shortened name)

Race: Half-Elf

Fighter Class: Paladin in training (Squire)

Bio: It was a long day at the stables, tending to her lord's steed, and she was finally looking forward to some quality time to herself tonight. Inhaling her meal which her mother had generously prepared for her upon her return, Tairn sat down on her bed softly, picking up the nearest book. Unfortunately for her, an event which had haunted her mother, has surfaced once more...

Magic Skill: Healing

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

This looks like fun. I never played in a roleplay before. :P

Name: Aerir Lokia

Race: Alfar. For those who aren't into Norse Mythology, they are a type of elf that happened to be very mischeivious but were helpful to certain people. Aerir is just mischevious for mischeif's sake.

Fighter Class: Does Trickster count? Otherwise, I will go with rogue or elementalist.

Bio: He spent half of his life in a Library after being split off from his family. Because of the surroundings, he read up everything there is to know on Human beings, picking up many things from their language to their interests. Unfortunately, he also learned of the criminal underworld from the history books and library attendants which he joined after his home closed due to poor funding. Prior to entering the Dream World, he left the dark world of humanity and reunited with his kind and family with the unfortunately discovery that only a few hundred, including his only sister, remain. To make it worse, she is dying.

Magic Skill: He used a mix transformation magic and intellect in the real world due to being an Alfar. By being in the Dream World, his magic is a little stronger and has Crest if the Azure Wings (Air House alignment).

[spoiler=Character]

Name: Marie Waters

Fighter Class: Sorceress

Bio: The Indigo Arrow eventually became the name for an order of demon hunters within the Dream World's guards. After many years without any threats, the order dissolved, and all that remained of it was a crest on the wall of a handful of families. At first it was a source of pride, but generations later its meaning and origin were lost, and what little remained was just as much a myth as the Dream World itself.

Fortunately, the records weren't entirely lost. Marie had always been curious about her family's history, especially the strange purple emblem that nobody knew about. Hidden away in her city's library were books about the Dream World and about magic, and for the last two years she had been buried in ancient books, trying to separate fact from fiction. The above was all she managed to confirm.

One night, she opened a familiar book, only for the page to change before her eyes...

Appearance: Long, dark brown hair, green eyes, pale skin.

Personality: Calm and studious, though slightly absentminded at times.

Magic Skill: Specializes in defensive magic. Shields/barriers and the like.

Crest: Indigo Arrow

Got a few questions about the magic classes

Death magic, is that necromancy like raising the dead? Or general decay and such magic? Or is it a mixture of the two? It seems in the bio it's more shadow based if anything.

Blood magic, can I control other people's blood? Could I heal with it?

Earth, although it is described as a healing class, is there any offensive abilities? Can I chuck rocks, use vines and such?

Crystal magic, What is crystal magic? (I didn't play de1)

A few more questions too

If I can pick any magic skill as stated in the character creation thing, can I start my own house, as what if I want to be a fire mage which has no house?

Also character's can't die? So is there anyway we lose?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I can answer the blood magick for you. You use some of your own blood (drains hp, depending on it's str, it might drain even more of your own hp), and you use it as a sort of "form" to attack with. A successful blow heals you for more than the amount used to cast the spell, and they usually tend to do fatal damage on anything lower leveled than a boss.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Sounds exploitable as hell with a healer around.

Can I join the blood magic house and say my skill is healing magic? Or does the house not actually grant the magic itself?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Well, if you have the health to throw around constantly. Go for it. It's something I created that was only meant for occasional use, since I kinda forced my own limitations on how I cast it. (such as it took a huge amount of energy, and it only really heals lifepoints, not magical energy)

Lqt9R.png

[hide= Ico:]

1) Can I join the blood magic house and say my skill is healing magic? Yes and no. Blood magic users can heal other peoples wounds, not your own (I forgot to write it down, I will get to that eventually). However: blood magic is not exploitable if a healer player is around. Use up your "pint" of blood and you will be knocked unconscious for a couple of minutes depending on the roll of the die. (will also add that to the first post)

2) Or does the house not actually grant the magic itself? Errr...

3) Death magic, is that necromancy like raising the dead? Or general decay and such magic? Or is it a mixture of the two? Bit of both. The character may adjust themselves to the players desire, so if you want to raise dead enimies for your own use fine. If you want to manipulate shadows, then that's doable.

4) Earth, although it is described as a healing class, is there any offensive abilities? Can I chuck rocks, use vines and such? Yes.

5) Crystal magic, What is crystal magic? (I didn't play de1) it's actually more of a combat/element class that's balanced. Mask's character Michael was the original person in that particular house.

6) If I can pick any magic skill as stated in the character creation thing, can I start my own house, as what if I want to be a fire mage which has no house? Can't start your own house, however being in a house is purely optional.

7) Also character's can't die? So is there anyway we lose? The only time death is possible is if you manage to seriously screw up the two final battles. There are only two bosses, but they are fought one right after the other, so spend all your energy on the first boss, you're in trouble for the last boss.[/hide]

armorare: trickster counts. Welcome to the game! I shall add you to the list ASAP.

Mask: I knew you were gonna go for that house. :P

Name: Pestilence Cascade

Race: Ghost

Fighter Class: Assassin

Bio: A young man died in his sleep of an unknown 'disease'. However, unlike most, he did not go quietly, and currently remains in the dream world to wreak revenge on those who killed him.

Magic Skill: Diseased Spores

House: Azure Wings

a70c7.png

Thanks Jehosphat! (Boy, your name is hard to pronounce.) I look forward to seeing you soon!

Also, my requirement of three players has been reached! Yay!!!!!! I WILL ALWAYS ACCEPT MORE PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ENCOURAGE MORE PEOPLE TO JOIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm guessing ya'll would like a Q&A session first, so if ya'll can, either message me or we can all work out a day and time that I can host a chatroom.

Name: Kaleidoscope Dash (Kalei for short)

Race: Icyene

Fighter Class: Scout Assassin

Bio: Kalei is an awkward girl who completes her job well, but she still lacks confidence. Usually quiet and pensive, she can work well alone, but she also works very well with others that she trusts.

Magic Skill: Limited Invisibility

House: Azure Wings

Name: Timmothy Smashington

Fighter Class: Beserker, specialises in hand-to-hand

Bio: Head of the Smashington family, a wealthy family which runs the Smashington CO business empire, who's main business if the manufactoring of maces, hammers and staves. He hears a black top-hat and a monocle, his mustache is similar to Hulk Hogan's mustache and is slightly grey. He is always puffing on an extremely large cigar which could be mistaken for a small tree log. Occasionally ash from the cigar goes over his expensive looking black suit, greying it slightly. Noticeable on his breast is the crest of the royal family of Angland, a far away island nation renowned for their nationalism, bad teeth and tea. His connections with the royalty are deep, as the Smashington CO provide most of the weapons for the royal army.

Magic Skill: (You do not know how much I want to put muscle mage) He can change his skin to steel.

(I do intend to play seriously)

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Ico, Vezon, welcome to Dream Ender 2!

Now, we're up to five players. Alg (Mask) I believe is still working on his character, so we may have six players. Which is AWESOME!

Once I find/fix the original DE timeline I'll put that up. I'll also have to post a family tree thing, which isn't a family tree of the player characters, but of two characters that will come into play soon as the game starts.

Would ya'll like it if I came up with the trade prices list too? I'm sure ya'll want to buy armor, weapons, ect.

Anything else ya'll want me to put up before we start the actual gameplay(the q&a session will not count as a gameplay session)? We still need to work out a day for the Q&A session and I need to see what days are available so all the players may play the game.

Now, we're up to five players. Alg (Mask) I believe is still working on his character, so we may have six players. Which is AWESOME!

Once I find/fix the original DE timeline I'll put that up. I'll also have to post a family tree thing, which isn't a family tree of the player characters, but of two characters that will come into play soon as the game starts.

Would ya'll like it if I came up with the trade prices list too? I'm sure ya'll want to buy armor, weapons, ect.

Anything else ya'll want me to put up before we start the actual gameplay(the q&a session will not count as a gameplay session)? We still need to work out a day for the Q&A session and I need to see what days are available so all the players may play the game.

The more info the better. Afterall, I am still sorta new to this roleplay thing itself.

I will be waiting by the nice and warm fire.

EDIT: I know it doesn't concern me, but what House would Ico fall under?

1133570615_eEnchanter.jpg

Name: Glorfand the Red Wizard

Fighter Class: Wizard (Can enchant objects to do bidding such as swords, axes and suits of armour. Can create dazzling bursts of light and power - in this case explosions)

Bio: Glorfand the wizard is an angry, old, stubborn man with a prejudice against anything new or different.

Magic Skill: Explosions (can create explosions which vary according to the time spent on them, in two seconds he could create an explosion with power similar to a hand grenade but in sixty seconds he could create a larger explosion in a targeted area. He can also make an explosion last over a longer time but be weaker) Also he is not damaged by his explosions because he is a wizard and wizards aren't damaged by their own magic ever but he can damage other wizards with explosions obviously.

Because of the nature of his power, he can create weak explosions constantly which will push things away and pull things, unfortunately this isnt' very precise but could be used to transport big things such as toasters or televisions etc.

qTLQRuS.png

The more info the better. Afterall, I am still sorta new to this roleplay thing itself.

I will be waiting by the nice and warm fire.

EDIT: I know it doesn't concern me, but what House would Ico fall under?

No house

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I'm going the same route, sorta. I'll be waiting to join a house until our characters come across my character's desire house. Just for Roleplaying's sake.

Lqt9R.png

Sorcerers are sorta balanced. To me they're in the little gray area that's in between all three categories. Its like saying Neutral Good, Neutral, and Neutral Bad on a D&D character sheet.

Res: O.O You're gonna seriously play? Wow... Well you did visit a few times during the original (don't think I haven't forgotten)... ^-^ If you're seriously gonna play then welcome!

Also, I checked out The Fireplace to see what days are open... And according to the listing the only day UNavalible is Sunday, but I work on sundays anyway. So would Friday's be okay with ya'll? If so, then we just need to work out times.

Well, as you know. I'm pretty much available any time normally.

Lqt9R.png