Dungeon Crawl

Icuownage

Due to the interest in the Fireplace I have decided to move discussion here.

Now, I have a few questions that will allow me to begin designing the game once they are answered.

What day suits you best? Friday is not open, Weekdays are generally not open, but if needs be I can run them, Saturday seems to be the best day for me.

What character do you want to play? Give race and Class. This allows me to work out your races nice and early and discuss what you want with your character. Also let's me plan out the dungeon faster.

Method of playing? I'm open to map tools or IRC only really, but people seem to be having trouble with Maptools, and maptools means a lot more time has to go into crafting the dungeons, which could mean low quality if I do slack, which I often do.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Any day of the week is good for me, so you don't need to take that into account for me. Pretty much the other's times that matter here. So, onwards to my character.

I think I'll go with a Dark Elf Ninja/Assassin type. Something that's good with hand to hand, swords, and projectiles mainly. If there are specific styles of magic, I'd require a few stealth options in that category if you wouldn't mind. I could give you a few balanced ideas, but I'd prefer to leave the crafting of all that up to you, since it is your game. :)

As for playing style, I'd prefer IRC personally. Also, as a side question, is character RPing allowed?

Also, moved to drafts for now.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Any time of the week that isn't 7:00 to 14:00 GMT on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday or 7:30 to 12:00 GMT on Wednesday and Friday is fine by me. It's not like I ever take the time to sleep anymore (no seriously, I don't, I just take two powernaps and fall asleep wherever I'm sitting when I'm bored).

Just slap some darksight, strength, and craftsmanship on me and call me a dwarf.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Role playing would be encouraged. I plan to make it slightly story based.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Role playing would be encouraged. I plan to make it slightly story based.

I am happy to hear this. :3

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Personally I'm all for maptools, but otherwise forum then IRC.

Its nice to have some variation.

All days are fine for me, pref. not wednesday. Also later in the week because I don't have that many important things then.

--

I want to play somebody a druid/wizard

Edit: Dwarf who throws explosives

qTLQRuS.png

Its basically going to be IRC.

Forum has proved, time and again, not to work. The only time anyone was really satisfied (Just talking for myself and limited feedback) was when I was running Dungeoneering without the flood control in place, which was basically IRC with a record.

Elsewise the games seem to fizzle out due to people insisting 3 people are on and posting, without the game starting...and it is just a headache.

Maptools set limits on what people can do, so it just isn't all that likely to workout.

Ergo IRC with aids...Personally I prefer pictures over excel documents (Though Wyvern's pioneering impressed others so you may want to use them despite me not liking them), even a relatively limited picture which imparts surrounding information is better than no picture at all.

Mumble is still an option, though it doesn't seem likely to get used.

Anyway day after Sunday is fine for me until I get my schedual...though busy times are likely to be Monday morning and Friday afternoon (yay for short weekend with nothing inbetween, probably gonna change due to clashes though)

Beyond that...

Halfling cleric seems the best idea. Tavern groups never seem to have a healer so yeah.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Seems we have a drow assassin, two dwarf artificers and a halfling healer.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

5 people seem like a good start to a party, I'll begin developing ideas around Friday, as my last exam for the season is on thursday :)

Although I will give people the chance to reconsider because

2 assassins

2 artificers

1 healer

Also!

Could people beging thinking of their religion? (If you're played stone soup, you realise religion is a huge part of the mid tier - end tier game) What I'm basically wanting is:

A concept of a God (A single God, no pantheon)

A conecpt of his teachings, as in, does the god teach you to be an enlightened soul and spread good throughout the land? Does it want you to be blood thirsty and relish in battle?

How do you worship this god? (So I know how you plan to gain peity)

Other than that, I need nothing else to begin designing.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I should worship some craftsman god that is part of some pantheon, and while it is common to believe in all, it is uncommon to worship more than one. The teachings of the god would be what to do in the workshop and the worship would be using certain designs and patterns in my creations. If you need any more details then just take them from Hephaestus.

Also a question; Would it be possible to create the sort of "magical mechs" that you find in many games? By which I mean can I create clockwork golems that act like they are intelligent?

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Icu, I'll switch my drow over to being a Tank/Warrior type. Since we have a healer, and damage roles, we just need a tank role. So, I'll be a Drow um...something something something warrior of something. Yeah.

Lqt9R.png

I would imagine so Mather...Stone Soup allows you to summon creatures, so I would assume building one(and then having it explode) would also be possible.

Drow um...something something something warrior of something

Drow Anti-Tank Heavy Infantry Warrior of World War 2?

Drow Begrizzled Vertern of the Dungeon of Carabadoon?

Drow, The Kitten Snuggler, of Pillowland?

To religion...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endovelicus

Definitely.

On a more serious note. Some type of shadow based warrior type with tanking attributes would be really kool if you could make it work, Icu. :)

Lqt9R.png

Definitely.

On a more serious note. Some type of shadow based warrior type with tanking attributes would be really kool if you could make it work, Icu. :)

Kitten snuggler.

Ieyfura, play Ariel Val'sarghress.

But not really because she sucks.

ON TO MY CHARACTER

A humanoid aspect of an innumerable, eldritch race; bound by a servant of Kaal, goddess of harmony, to prevent its unknowing actions and otherworldly power from disrupting the balance of nature. With this binding it was severed from its whole, still wise in the ways of that alien plane yet unaware of worldly customs; still possessed of fell, raw magicks yet with barely an iota of the strength it once could call upon. Its binder long dead, yet her powers still enwrapping it, it still faithfully serves a goddess whose worshippers have nearly all since fallen and follows the careful path set by its wards and watchmen.

It is named Stephan. It likes the colour purple, and fluffy things. It has tea-parties with the archaic goddess of harmony every solstice. If you kick a puppy, it will bombard you with pure, chaotic magic until your eyes become your fingernails. It is androgynous, with hair and eyes that have a habit of randomly changing attributes at unfortunate intervals, but otherwise rather human (physically speaking).

It is a mage that employs normally maddening pure magic. Uses include attacks on both the body and soul, limited emulation of psychic abilities/elemental magic, provision of raw power, and making everyone in a hundred-yard radius soil themselves.

Things that would be nice as racial traits, subject to mod discretion:

Alien mind prevents most mental contact/control

Immune to fear/insanity

Ageless

If the mod is feeling generous:

High magical reserves

Dull response to pain (and other physical sensations)

[spoiler=Binding Technicalities]As per its binding, it will never kill or permanently injure or distort anyone who has never killed (and is not an immediate threat to the life of) a sentient being. It is to protect innocents, as well as any and all followers of Kaal (it hasn't seen any for centuries, but it doesn't forget). It is not to give false praise or unnecessary criticism, unless such an action is deemed necessary for the safety of itself or others. It is disallowed from personal use of devices or magic that intend/are likely to access other planes/universes/dimensions in such a way as to allow travel. It will not intentionally and significantly shift the balance of power in the world save to prevent great loss of life or the creation of an even greater imbalance. If this plane is ever in imminent danger of being destroyed, rendered uninhabitable, or purged of [some part of the alignment axis] then another being may release Stefan from its bindings until it is rebound or destroyed (which will happen three hours after release).

Oh and Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and perhaps Monday/Tuesday work okay for me, and IRC is nice.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

• 2 weeks later...

What time is everyone free tomorrow, because I generally go to bed quite early before weekdays (to try and get up seriously early to do some studying, homework before school)

I need to work out what time is available as to make a nice session to run, would preferrably run one that at least runs a couple of hours.

Edit:

Races

[hide]

Races -

Eldritch Abomination

Fighting - 1

Axes - 1

Pole arms - 1

Small arms (daggers, short sword) - 1

Large swords - 1

Unarmed (And claws) - 1

Throwing - 1

Bows/Crossbows - 1

Maces - 1

Spell Casting + 2

Destruction + 2

Conjuration + 1

Illusion + 2

Alteration + 2

Restoration - 2

Defense - 2

Armour - 1

Shields - 1

Dodging 0

Utilities (Is not a skill)

Stealth - 1

Climbing - 1

Acrobatics - 2

Traps (Setting, discovery and disarming) + 1

Running 0

Crafting 0

PERKS

- Increased mana reserves (+2 mana at start and an additional + 2 each level)

- Resistant to mind effects (Has a 75% chance to resist any effect on the mind: Beserk, Confusion, Entrancing, Illusion spells)

- May mutate every other level (You can mutate every level, but if you mutate once you can't next level)

Dwarf

Fighting + 2

Axes - 0

Pole arms - 2

Small arms (daggers, short sword) + 2

Large swords 0

Unarmed (And claws) 0

Throwing - 1

Bows/Crossbows - 1

Maces + 3

Spell Casting 0

Destruction 0

Conjuration 0

Illusion 0

Alteration 0

Restoration 0

Defense + 1

Armour + 1

Shields + 1

Dodging - 2

Stealth - 2

Climbing + 1

Acrobatics - 1

Traps (Setting, discovery and disarming) + 2

Running 0

Crafting + 2

Perks

- Stone Sense (May occassionally know what's coming up next)

- Strong (Higher hp and a + 2 to AC)

- Small (+1 to evasion, hindered using large weapons)

Human

Fighting + 1

Axes + 1

Pole arms + 1

Small arms (daggers, short sword) + 1

Large swords + 1

Unarmed (And claws) + 1

Throwing + 1

Bows/Crossbows + 1

Maces + 1

Spell Casting + 1

Destruction + 1

Conjuration + 1

Illusion + 1

Alteration + 1

Restoration + 1

Defense + 1

Armour + 1

Shields + 1

Dodging + 1

Stealth + 1

Climbing + 1

Acrobatics + 1

Running + 1

Crafting + 1

Perks

- None

Hafling

Fighting 0

Axes - 0

Pole arms - 2

Small arms (daggers, short sword) + 2

Large swords - 2

Unarmed (And claws) + 1

Throwing + 2

Bows/Crossbows + 1

Maces - 0

Spell Casting + 1

Destruction - 0

Conjuration - 0

Illusion - 0

Alteration - 0

Restoration + 1

Defense + 2

Armour - 1

Shields - 1

Dodging + 2

Stealth + 2

Climbing + 1

Acrobatics + 1

Running + 1

Crafting - 0

Perks

- Small (+1 to evasion, hindered using large weapons)

Drow

Fighting + 1

Axes 0

Pole arms + 1

Small arms (daggers, short sword) 0

Large swords 0

Unarmed (And claws) + 1

Throwing + 1

Bows/Crossbows + 1

Maces 0

Spell Casting 0

Destruction + 1

Conjuration 0

Illusion + 2

Alteration 0

Restoration 0

Defense + 1

Armour + 1

Shields 0

Dodging + 2

Stealth + 3

Climbing + 1

Acrobatics + 1

Running + 1

Crafting - 0

Perks

- Can see in the dark (Not hindered if the lights go out)

- Intimidating (Can scare opponents)

Spriggan

Fighting 0

Axes - 1

Pole arms - 2

Small arms (daggers, short sword) + 3

Large swords - 2

Unarmed (And claws) + 2

Throwing + 2

Bows/Crossbows + 1

Maces - 1

Spell Casting + 1

Destruction 0

Conjuration 0

Illusion + 2

Alteration 0

Restoration 0

Defense + 2

Armour - 0

Shields - 2

Dodging + 3

Stealth + 3

Climbing + 2

Acrobatics + 2

Traps (Setting, discovery and disarming) + 2

Running + 2

Crafting 0

Perks

-Stealthy (Naturally hard to see)

-Small (Increased evasion and hindered using large weapons)

[/hide]

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Ok

All people start with food except Seraphim because he doesn't get hungry, you all start with one piece of bread which is enough to last you the first two sessions I imagine, unless you guys are really slow.

You also all start off with a basic weapon of your choice and wizards start off with a book (which I judge on how you've said what kind of wizard you want to be) you can't start with both a book and a weapon.

Nex:

Book of chaos + robe

God: Kaal, goddess of harmony.

Likes: Charming creatures, defeating creatures of the warp/abyss, defeating undead, killing evil

Dislikes: You using your warp magic, You killing good creatures, you killing allies.

Granted power: Charming (Allows you to charm a creature to make it friendly, certain creatures will be perma charmed and you will get xp for that)

Ieyfura:

Weapon of your choice + shield + chain mail

God: None (You can still pick one before we start or just find an altar in the dungeon)

Archi:

Weapon of your choice + Robe

God: Endovelicus Goddess of healing and safety

Likes: Healing people, sacrifices (As in after you kill someone offer the corpse via praying)

Dislikes: Setting traps, Killing humanoids, Time

Seraphim:

Books of evil + robe

God: Caenerva, God of evil magic, fate and the warp

Likes: Killing of any variety, sending creatures to the abyss

Dislikes: Time (As in you lose peity over time), Mercy (as in if the creature is charmed and you let it go)

Neferast:

Book of wizardry, robe

God (none)

Mather:

Wand of fire + Wand of cold + 2 scrolls of recharging

No god

Jehosaphat:

Cloak + Leather armour + Weapon of your choice

No god.

Everyone but Nex starts off at 0 peity (and thus no granted power) and Nex starts off at 100 peity (rank 2)

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Only free after 6pm on a Sunday.

Also Halflings seem nerfed in relation to other races...They have +13 overall with no perks while Drow have +19 and two extra perks(Really the Halfling perk is +1 Evasion, which is a Utility and was counted as such)

Spriggans have +19 as well, with 2 perks

Eldrich have -5 and 3 perks

Dwarfs have +6 and 2 perks (again one of the perks isn't a perk)

Human have +26 and no perks

Reworking will need to be done, and I see you point.

The first few sessions will mostly be introductions and balancing issues, so you wont be missing out on anything if I accidentally make it imba, but I'll fix it soon.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Starting weapon: Spear (to poke things from behind my shield)

God: none as of yet

As for when I'm available. Anytime during the day pretty much, any day of the week.

Lqt9R.png

Because there's no real starting items for that, as you can just craft with your hands, and wands give your some form of offense without actually having a weapon. Also wands are the more basic magic items you can make, so once a wand runs out I'll let you change the effect of it, until you get good enough and have the appropriate materials for what you want to make.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

The one thing I have to say is: that is a ton of stats. Are you going to expect us to keep track of them, or will you be doing that?

Other than that, I'm eager to play. Tomorrow, I'm probably free most of the time that I'm not asleep.

EDIT: Oh right, gotta pick a weapon. Shortsword, I guess.

a70c7.png